Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Hot Topics - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Hot Topics (769 Views)

Create New Topics From Nairaland's FP Topics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hot Topics by DezVienna(f): 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2010
If you're intellectual, and can hold a conversation, then this site is for you. We'll have Hot Topics, where anything goes, and opinions are not only voiced, but respected, even when disputed against. When the topic runs its course, the floor is open for anyone else to start another topic.

[size=14pt]Hot Topic #1 [/size]

What in the world is "Good Hair"?
Re: Hot Topics by Amigoz(f): 9:49pm On Jul 13, 2010
Like the day mama gave birth to me and she saw my beautiful black curls , not the kinky afro i have naw tongue I think that is good hair . . . wot do u say?
Re: Hot Topics by DezVienna(f): 9:51pm On Jul 13, 2010
I say there is no such thing. When there is good, then there is bad. So if one has good hair, who the hell has the bad hair.

That is an enslavement way of thinking we inherited from the slave owners, and now use it obliviously. But to me, it sounds degrading.
Re: Hot Topics by Amigoz(f): 10:01pm On Jul 13, 2010
Lol . . if i have a dollar for anything deemed 'degrading'

My philosophy u cant take wot a fool might say to heart

People talk to the best of their intelligence. . . . .

Havent u heard the saying 'im having a bad hair day'

well that is debatable, but then u look at the hair, and u probably wish u had urs looking like that, it doesnt mean the hair aint good, just having a rough day in most cases . . . .

Good hair, bad hair . . . .it is down to the person with the hair . . . I am not what the society percieve of me, rather I am who I am, and until we start believing that, one will forever remain in enslavement.
Re: Hot Topics by DezVienna(f): 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2010
That was a good comeback and philosophy. However, people should use the right terms as words go a long way. I'm in the store one day and a black women was talking to her friend or whoever about how her one son just got his hair braided and messed it up by getting it wet. She said, "See, he ain't got good hair like, Malcolm", which could have been her other child, "He know he can't be getting wet. I tore his behind up".

That was awful, I thought. Good hair like your other son? How does that sound? So one child can't get wet because his hair isn't good?

No, using the right terminology is very important. We raise kids these days. You can someone has pretty hair, as the term "pretty" is an opinion based word. But good hair is just stupid sounding. And why does the kinky hair have to be the bad hair. I am Hispanic and my hair is what I consider coarse, but it's still very fine to many blacks around me, and even when it is kinky, they still call it good. And what they're saying is that it's just simply better than theirs- even when it's kinky as hell. . . . . . . that's degrading themselves, and not even realizing.

But I like your saying, which is very true, "People talk to the best of their intelligence".
Re: Hot Topics by DezVienna(f): 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2010
[size=14pt]Hot Topic # 2[/size]

[center]Do you feel as though blacks and darker ethnic groups still live in enslavement from the past?  Yes/No and WHY?[/center]
Re: Hot Topics by SeanT21(f): 10:22pm On Jul 18, 2010
Some do, some don't.
Re: Hot Topics by DezVienna(f): 1:20pm On Jul 19, 2010
I feel that a lot of people do due to the way this world worships white and white associated cultures.

(1) (Reply)

Life Before Computer / BTW L.messi And C.ronaldo...fifa 2014 Career Mode(master League) / [FREE][ANDROID][GAME][4.1+] Stickman Ninja Archer Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.