Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,924 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Demystifying The Corrupt Oracle That Is Olusegun Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demystifying The Corrupt Oracle That Is Olusegun Obasanjo (352 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR / Olusegun Obasanjo Begins Work At NOUN As Students Facilitator (Photos) / Olusegun Obasanjo Working Out At The Gym (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demystifying The Corrupt Oracle That Is Olusegun Obasanjo by Thenovita: 12:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
To many Nigerian political observers, Atiku Abubakar’s endorsement by his former boss, Olusegun Obasanjo came as a surprise. However, to me, an avid follower of political trends in the country, I have come to realize that this endorsement further attests to the fact that OBJ is an inconsequential, pathological liar and egocentric being who will go out of his way to get the whole of Nigeria in his kitty.
If you think my stand against Obasanjo is personal, then you’re missing it. I detest his lifestyle not because of his stance on President Muhammadu Buhari or endorsing Atiku Abubakar but as a result of his double standard, corrupt practices, greediness and “Know It All” behaviour. He thinks he can manipulate and insult the cerebral of Nigerians with his shady and dubious ways.
To start with, let’s quickly take a look at some of the statement he has said in the past about Atiku.
Just in August, Obasanjo told Premium Times that he cannot for any reason support Atiku’s presidential bid. He said “How can I be on the same side with Atiku? To do what? … “If I support Atiku for anything, God will not forgive me. If I do not know, yes. But once I know, Atiku can never enjoy my support.”
The above statement is not enough for us to know who the person of Atiku is to Obasanjo. Let’s read together a paragraph dedicated to Atiku in Obasanjo’s “My Watch.”
“What I did not know, which came out glaringly later, was his parental background which was somewhat shadowy, his propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time, a propensity for poor judgment, his belief and reliance on marabouts, his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety truth and national interest for self and selfish interest.”
Indeed, these are damning and incriminating claims about Atiku. What did Obasanjo really know about Atiku? We can’t just allow all these accusations swept under the carpet. As a matter of sincerity, Nigerians would like to know the rationale behind Obasanjo’s U-turn. What has now changed about Atiku within some days that Obasanjo now wants Nigerians to trust with their mandate?
Is Atiku no longer corrupt? Is he now a truth teller? Is he now transparent? Is he now ready to sacrifice self and selfish interest for national good? And will God now forgive Obasanjo for supporting Atiku?
We need to ask again, is he not the same Obasanjo that marketed Umar Musa Yar’Adua to Nigerians in 2007? Whose demise later led to the rise of Goodluck Jonathan, in fact, who sold the clueless Goodluck Jonathan to the populace in 2011 and endorsed the same incompetent Muhammadu Buhari to us? These are salient questions the self-acclaimed “Ebora of Owu” must answer.
Judging from his speech, Obasanjo made it known that his major grumble with Buhari is not his incompetence but rather his inability to influence the president to do his devilish bidding. It is still fresh in our memories that those were the same issues Obasanjo had with former President Jonathan.
Obasanjo’s habit of wanting to hold onto power is very dangerous to our nation and we must call his bluff before his notorious actions consume Nigeria. We need to do away with this culture of getting an endorsement of the incoming president by the nonsensical leaders who to me are “misleaders” and brought the country on her knees.
2019 general election is near, Chief Obasanjo is playing the best game he knows how to play- studying the political landscape of the country and positioning himself so as to scale through with his selfish agenda and remain in the corridors of power.
In fact, it’s still surprising to me to see why some Nigerians still listen to a man who cannot even comport his family and doesn’t enjoy the support of his children. Go read Iyabo Obasanjo Bello’s open letter to Obasanjo in 2013.
Conclusively, both Muhammadu Buhari and Atiku Abubakar are not the best options for us in 2019, but we must pick our poison between the incompetent Buhari and corrupt Atiku. The onus is on Nigerians to vote based on the individual integrity, merit and achievements and reject the moribund leaders.

Read more at: https://thenovita.com/demystifying-the-corrupt-oracle-that-is-olusegun-obasanjo/

Re: Demystifying The Corrupt Oracle That Is Olusegun Obasanjo by HungerBAD: 12:14pm On Oct 13, 2018
Reading
Re: Demystifying The Corrupt Oracle That Is Olusegun Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2018
I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

There are no saints in the Nigerian political sphere. We have allowed the system to recycle leaders for us and there's nothing we can do about it. Here's to 2019, when all of you are voting in the harmattan sun, I'll be sipping piña colada at an undisclosed location.

1 Like

Re: Demystifying The Corrupt Oracle That Is Olusegun Obasanjo by rock003: 12:19pm On Oct 13, 2018
Demystify all you want; buhari is also a thief

And maybe we should remind you, in case your memory is too shallow, that buhari et al went cap in hand to beg for the support of this same man you now call bad names.

Re: Demystifying The Corrupt Oracle That Is Olusegun Obasanjo by daddytime(m): 12:30pm On Oct 13, 2018
Thenovita:
To many Nigerian political observers, Atiku Abubakar’s endorsement by his former boss, Olusegun Obasanjo came as a surprise. However, to me, an avid follower of political trends in the country, I have come to realize that this endorsement further attests to the fact that OBJ is an inconsequential, pathological liar and egocentric being who will go out of his way to get the whole of Nigeria in his kitty.
If you think my stand against Obasanjo is personal, then you’re missing it. I detest his lifestyle not because of his stance on President Muhammadu Buhari or endorsing Atiku Abubakar but as a result of his double standard, corrupt practices, greediness and “Know It All” behaviour. He thinks he can manipulate and insult the cerebral of Nigerians with his shady and dubious ways.
To start with, let’s quickly take a look at some of the statement he has said in the past about Atiku.
Just in August, Obasanjo told Premium Times that he cannot for any reason support Atiku’s presidential bid. He said “How can I be on the same side with Atiku? To do what? … “If I support Atiku for anything, God will not forgive me. If I do not know, yes. But once I know, Atiku can never enjoy my support.”
The above statement is not enough for us to know who the person of Atiku is to Obasanjo. Let’s read together a paragraph dedicated to Atiku in Obasanjo’s “My Watch.”
“What I did not know, which came out glaringly later, was his parental background which was somewhat shadowy, his propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time, a propensity for poor judgment, his belief and reliance on marabouts, his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety truth and national interest for self and selfish interest.”
Indeed, these are damning and incriminating claims about Atiku. What did Obasanjo really know about Atiku? We can’t just allow all these accusations swept under the carpet. As a matter of sincerity, Nigerians would like to know the rationale behind Obasanjo’s U-turn. What has now changed about Atiku within some days that Obasanjo now wants Nigerians to trust with their mandate?
Is Atiku no longer corrupt? Is he now a truth teller? Is he now transparent? Is he now ready to sacrifice self and selfish interest for national good? And will God now forgive Obasanjo for supporting Atiku?
We need to ask again, is he not the same Obasanjo that marketed Umar Musa Yar’Adua to Nigerians in 2007? Whose demise later led to the rise of Goodluck Jonathan, in fact, who sold the clueless Goodluck Jonathan to the populace in 2011 and endorsed the same incompetent Muhammadu Buhari to us? These are salient questions the self-acclaimed “Ebora of Owu” must answer.
Judging from his speech, Obasanjo made it known that his major grumble with Buhari is not his incompetence but rather his inability to influence the president to do his devilish bidding. It is still fresh in our memories that those were the same issues Obasanjo had with former President Jonathan.
Obasanjo’s habit of wanting to hold onto power is very dangerous to our nation and we must call his bluff before his notorious actions consume Nigeria. We need to do away with this culture of getting an endorsement of the incoming president by the nonsensical leaders who to me are “misleaders” and brought the country on her knees.
2019 general election is near, Chief Obasanjo is playing the best game he knows how to play- studying the political landscape of the country and positioning himself so as to scale through with his selfish agenda and remain in the corridors of power.
In fact, it’s still surprising to me to see why some Nigerians still listen to a man who cannot even comport his family and doesn’t enjoy the support of his children. Go read Iyabo Obasanjo Bello’s open letter to Obasanjo in 2013.
Conclusively, both Muhammadu Buhari and Atiku Abubakar are not the best options for us in 2019, but we must pick our poison between the incompetent Buhari and corrupt Atiku. The onus is on Nigerians to vote based on individual integrity, merit and achievements and reject the moribund leaders.

Read more at: https://thenovita.com/demystifying-the-corrupt-oracle-that-is-olusegun-obasanjo/

This op-ed captured succinctly my sentiments about the whole brouhaha currently making waves all about.

Sometimes one is forced to lose hope in the Nigerian project from how her citizens have been so battered and reduced to a lame duck suffering from the Stockholm syndrome.

The current bandwagon of praise to the PDP, its flag bearers and the "Ebola of Owu" is becoming so irritating and depressing that I have lost the zeal to comment on most of the political threads.

I wonder how we'd get it right in this country when the so-called educated youths and future of the country are unable to see beyond their nose and use that matter in their skull to discern, reason and make critical judgements.

It hurts so bad to see that the majority of us are blind to history and are gloatingly happy and willing to see it repeats itself all because we feel a particular government isn't living up to its billing and as such we end up playing into the hands of these cunning and megalomaniac hands of these old ones who understand how to check our pulse and feed off our sentiments.

Lets even take out some time and assume Buhari was the next worst thing since sliced bread, does that mean Atiku was the next best option, are there no other candidates vying for the Presidency and did it have to get to Obasanjo and his self-centred ilks to endorse Atiku for him to have turned into Nigeria's coming Messiah?

Every time the "whites" call us out for what we truly are "people who can't think critically, make reasonable decisions and judgements and self-govern" we go on a tantrum-throwing and raising the dust of Racism. The honest truth no matter how bitter it is because I am negroid too is, we have been studied over time and found to fit the above stereotype which has obviously always been a cut-to-size fit. Look around you and beyond at the black race wherever they abound and you'd understand.

We are a people who lack the wherewithal for the most part to reason, create, invent or organise ourselves properly except we are whipped or forced into doing stuff. This explains the follow-follow herd-mentality we are known to exhibit. The moment Mr A says Cow dung is the next best piece of meat, to hell with its flesh, the black man won't take out time to query this assertion before taking it whole, hook line and sinker and further propagating the news going forward. Little surprise our roads are filled with certain make and model of cars with funny sounding nicknames all chosen by probably the first man that imported such and true to type everyone else bought into it and it caught on.

The funniest of the present political going on is that, just a week ago, so many were on here shouting and calling for Tinubu's head for exactly the same thing Obj and Atiku are presently been worshipped for. If there's a better word other than hypocrisy in the dictionary, that's what I'd love to attribute this character to.

It's such a shame and most times brings me close to tears how my race truly is what the white man thinks it as, but it is what it is no matter how bitter a pill it might seem to swallow, we live and fit the billing.

It is well with us all.

Mynd44, Seun, Dominique, lalasticlala

This is a frontpage worthy thread.

1 Like

Re: Demystifying The Corrupt Oracle That Is Olusegun Obasanjo by ArchangeLucifer: 12:43pm On Oct 13, 2018
Afonjas are still wailing over Peter Obi's nomination!

Re: Demystifying The Corrupt Oracle That Is Olusegun Obasanjo by J2381: 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2018
Who in nigeria's current political sphere isn't a thief?
rock003:
Demystify all you want; buhari is also a thief

And maybe we should remind you, in case your memory is too shallow, that buhari et al went cap in hand to beg for the support of this same man you now call bad names.
Re: Demystifying The Corrupt Oracle That Is Olusegun Obasanjo by rock003: 4:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
J2381:
Who in nigeria's current political sphere isn't a thief?

Yeah, and brother buhari isn't better in any way

(1) (Reply)

Why Should I Vote For A Man Whose Wife Is Not Supporting? Olisa Agbakoba / Leman Killing: Buhari A Failed President Leading A Failed Government / 2019: PDP Cries Out Over Plot To Flummox INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.