Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,745 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Fish Smoking Kiln Temperature - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fish Smoking Kiln Temperature (368 Views)

Smoking Kiln Machine And Popcorn Machine For Sales / 3 Compartment Fish Smoking Kiln 4 Sale / 3 Months Used Smoking Kiln 4 SALE with pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fish Smoking Kiln Temperature by jimmysqueen(f): 12:14pm On Oct 13, 2018
Can someone who actually knows from experience and not guesswork, please settle a dispute between my husband and myself....we have been told that the temperature in our kiln should be 150 degrees. What we can't seem to ascertain is whether this is Fahrenheit or Celsius. One of us says Fahrenheit and the other says Celsius. Our kiln is a 300-500kg FIIRU approved brick kiln but we've not had our full training yet.

Any light you can shed on this would be much appreciated.

Btw, we have a catfish farm in Lagos which is why we have such a big smoking kiln �
Re: Fish Smoking Kiln Temperature by matrixme(m): 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2018
madam, smoking catfish is not like roasting chicken in a microwave. It takes experience and constant monitoring to adjust the temperature. I suggest you get someone that has a practical experience about you to guide you on your first smoking so you wouldn't burn the whole fish due to temperature advise.
Re: Fish Smoking Kiln Temperature by Nicogen4us(f): 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2018
[quote author=jimmysqueen post=72046219]Can someone who actually knows from experience and not guesswork, please settle a dispute between my husband and myself....we have been told that the temperature in our kiln should be 150 degrees. What we can't seem to ascertain is whether this is Fahrenheit or Celsius. One of us says Fahrenheit and the other says Celsius. Our kiln is a 300-500kg FIIRU approved brick kiln but we've not had our full training yet.

Any light you can shed on this would be much appreciated.

Btw, we have a catfish farm in Lagos which is why we have such a big smoking kiln �[/quote
The temperate of your klin from my own charcoal klin of 350kg is 120 degreeC using a thermometer but the temperature may not be stable at a point due to the charcoal burning rate and this does not mean the temperature will dry the fish but the highest temperature range of the klin. Urs@ /TRINITYAGRO

(1) (Reply)

Join Foodboom Network And Get Free Food Items And Beverages / Nigeria Agricultural Export Has Reduced Drastically / Urgent Sale! Urgent Sale! Urgent Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.