Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

The Nigerian Student: A Story - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Nigerian Student: A Story (331 Views)

A Female Nigerian Student's Luxurious Room Leaves People Astonished / Funaab Award Overall Best Graduating Student A Plaque And #2,000 / Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Student: A Story by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2018
Falling out with the lecturer: part1
The examination period is one of the most dreaded periods of the semester by students, there is always tension everywhere you go. At this point in time, students do literally everything in anxiety, studying, walking, eating even bathing too. That's where you realise that all students whether big or small, male or female, young or old all humble themselves, the exams seem to be the only thing that makes students equal. After all that's what determines your fate.

“The sun seems to be shinning brighter today”, tuned said.
“Are you alright or is it the physics exams that is already worrying you”, I replied.
Tunde looked at me with disgust and said,”can't you just stop thinking of the exams for 1 minute or do you just love getting me worried…...I don't want to be to anxious so as not to rush and make a fool of myself in the hall. In fact I want to go and sleep for a while after all we haven't had much rest since yesterday”
He was quite right, we had been so busy studying that we forgot we needed rest, we our bodies were paying the price. Try to imagine how someone who hasn't slept for up to 8hrs in 2 days how he will be looking, well that was me and tunde's case.
After much deliberation, I decided to go and take my Nathan's advised tunde to do so too,just to enable us meet up with the early morning revision classes by 7am.
“If we no reach that class early enough then na Kingsley get am o”, I said.
“You fit say dem Neva book am finish”.
“ It's possible na”, I replied. Tunde looked at me as if to ask “are you serious” then laughed mockingly,”when “men dem” don dey book am since last Semester”
“ Anyhow sha, oluwa is involved”, I muttered. Kingsley was the genius of the class then and just like all intelligenct students, he was always busy helping out others inside and outside the exam hall. Well as for me I was just an average student. It was working for me but it didn't really get me to where I wanted.

* * * * * * * *. * * * *
“When you hear your name, you go in if not, it means that you didn't register for the course and there's nothing we can do for you as its not our fault”, said Mrs nonye, the H.O.D’s assistant. Of course, this procedure wasn't new to us so we quickly prepared ourselves. While waiting anxiously for my name to be called I felt uneasy, was it just me or was there something different about today, aside the fact that tunde spoke of the sun shining brightly, I could feel the air around me grow thicker. Is that someone's heartbeat that I could here. Well you could guess I was the only one afraid of the exams and I was not the only one who felt the tension emanating from all sides even Jennifer was visibly shaking. “I can fell your heart beating widely as if it wants to be free from the prison of ur rib cage”, Richard said to me. That was enough to bring me back to the real world.
“Oh sorry, I didn't see you there…...how far na”, I managed to say.
“Ha, baba you don go far before “sotey” you no see me”, Richard laughed.
“Tunde akindele”, Mrs nonye called out.
“Present ma”
“Go inside”, just before he entered, Tunde shot me a look as if to say “remember, the normal position o” and I nodded in response.
After some minutes, I heard my name,” Tony Ajayi!!!”
“Present ma”, I replied. I was expecting the usual “go inside” only to be shocked when I heard “step aside, there's a report filed against you”
I couldn't move I just stood dazed.
“Is that the Tony Ajayi”, prof. Hello asked.
“Yes sir”, Mrs nonye answered.
“Tell him to go home he is not writing this exam”
At this point my head just sank to my feet.

Much more on
https://study-suite..com/2018/10/the-nigerian-student-falling-out-with.html

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: ASUU Begins Indefinite Strike / FG Of Nigeria Scholarship For Post Graduate Students In Nigerian Schools / Again, FG Fails To Reach Agreement With ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.