Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,611 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Irish Student's Save Their Classmate From Deportation To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Irish Student's Save Their Classmate From Deportation To Nigeria (659 Views)

Tinubu’s Classmate From Chicago State University Finally Speaks Out(video) / Dr. Maryam Shetty And Dr. Mariya Mahmoud They’re Classmate From JSS 1 To JSS 3 / Lawyers Kick As Benin Republic Plots Igboho’s Deportation To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Irish Student's Save Their Classmate From Deportation To Nigeria by Customer80: 7:59pm On Oct 13, 2018
Irish students save their classmate from deportation to Nigeria

'I am really looking forward to my future here in Ireland,' says 14-year-old Nonso Muojeke

Nonso Muojeke was 'very grateful' to his friends following their successful campaign to keep him in Ireland
Nonso Muojeke was 'very grateful' to his friends following their successful campaign to keep him in Ireland ( RTE News )
Irish students have successfully campaigned to save their classmate from being deported to Nigeria.

Nonso Muojeke, 14, is a student at Tullamore College in County Offaly, where he has lived with his family for the past 11 years.

His mother was reportedly forced to flee Nigeria after her husband died in 2006, but after their application for asylum was denied the family faced deportation.

Wife of deported Afghan ‘killed by Taliban’ speaks out
When they heard the news, Nonso’s classmates launched the Save Nonso campaign, gathering supporters from around the world to back the cause and making a video to pressure justice minister Charlie Flanagan into letting him stay.

Nonso had reportedly been “petrified” at the prospect of leaving Ireland, where he has spent the vast majority of his life.

The campaign came to a head when the students delivered a petition with 22,000 signatures to Mr Flanagan requesting that the family could be allowed to stay.

Speaking for the campaign, Nonso’s teacher Joe Caslin told the Irish Examiner: “Nonso has lived virtually his whole life here – over 11 years.

“Forcing him to leave the only home he knows will inflict great harm on this young boy.

“Minister Charles Flanagan has the power to keep Nonso where he belongs – with his friends and community who love and care for him in Tullamore.”

On Wednesday Nonso, together with his mother Chidiebere and older brother Victor, were granted leave to remain in Ireland.

According to the Irish Times, Nonso issued a statement that evening in which he said: “I would like to thank the minister [for justice] for the humane way in which he handled my case.

“I am very grateful to my friends, my school, the Tullamore community and everyone else who has supported me. I am really looking forward to my future here in Ireland.”

Read more

Home Office attempts to deport children ‘harmful and ineffective’
MP Barry Cowen, who had backed the campaign, said he was “thrilled to have been able to support the Save Nonso and the Muojeke Family from deportation campaign in the Dail”.

“The two boys and their mother have been part and parcel of the Tullamore community for many years and it would have flown in the face of common sense to send them back to a country they didn’t know.”

A statement from the Irish Department of Justice said the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) had come to the decision after “a detailed reconsideration of the family’s immigration case in light of court proceedings and the receipt of updated submissions from the family in September.

“The reconsideration was completed towards the end of last week with the relevant decision letters having been issued earlier this week.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ireland-students-campaign-deportation-nigeria-nonso-muojeke-charlie-flanagan-a8582776.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1539451404
Re: Irish Student's Save Their Classmate From Deportation To Nigeria by micfoley: 8:03pm On Oct 13, 2018
Correct. No allow dem send u here o. Otherwise na Atiku and Buhari go join hand change am for u

1 Like

Re: Irish Student's Save Their Classmate From Deportation To Nigeria by hisgrace090: 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
One love!

Be your brothers keeper.

We're all one!

1 Like

Re: Irish Student's Save Their Classmate From Deportation To Nigeria by Olohunjedalo(m): 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2018
sooner or later . The clown will be deported back home by gods grace
Re: Irish Student's Save Their Classmate From Deportation To Nigeria by ArchangeLucifer: 8:08pm On Oct 13, 2018
Send him back now or we'll read about him jacking cars, peddling drugs, raping women or scamming widows in five years' time.
Re: Irish Student's Save Their Classmate From Deportation To Nigeria by Nwodosis(m): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2018
Down here, our greatest problem, the Libyans herdsmen, are even the ones asking us to leave our own country! Courtesy of Bubu.

1 Like

Re: Irish Student's Save Their Classmate From Deportation To Nigeria by Customer80: 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
Lalasticala flont Flint front page
Re: Irish Student's Save Their Classmate From Deportation To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2018
Wow very nice of them.

#SAVE NONSO

Re: Irish Student's Save Their Classmate From Deportation To Nigeria by rastaLivity: 9:26pm On Oct 13, 2018
the way of the whites Intrigue's me, see how they turned up and supported one person from another race. this is nothing short of an atikulated news
Re: Irish Student's Save Their Classmate From Deportation To Nigeria by rozayx5(m): 9:28pm On Oct 13, 2018
Please stay there and get a good life

Suffering await u here

Lalasticlala

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking:tension!!!! Nnamdi Kanu Alive, About To Make Emergency Broadcast (LIVE / `Atiku Will Give SGF Slot To South West’ – Gbenga Daniel / Edo Govt Ready To Pay Agreed Minimum Wage, Obaseki Assures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.