Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! (500 Views)

Naira Depreciating Because I Was Out Of The Country, Says Odumeje / I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by OneKinGuy(m): 7:41am On Oct 14, 2018
Good day people, I am from a Pentecostal Christian family. Ever since I was born am being forced to church every single Sunday which get me extremely angry. Am currently 19years.

I was in boarding school during my secondary school days. Every Sunday, we are forced to church. To make things worst, I was given admission by a private university in enugu which treats their student like secondary school students, and forces people to still go to church. They even force Muslim student to their dubious activities.

This year, I made up my to officially stop anything church in my life. I told my parents that I will be dropping out of the private university to gain admission else where and I will stop going to the family church. At first they where like 'that can't happen, you must go to chrirch always". And i was like' Na me get my body, come and force me let me see'.

After everything they where like 'You are responsible for yourself, what ever choice you make, you must bear the consequences'. Ever since then, am being looked like a prodigal son, even more like the devil himself. It's not that am completely denouncing my Christian faith, I just simply don't want to go to church again. I don't see that as a big deal.

I believe that everyone has the right to choose what they want and not to be forced to do what they don't want to. If my parent continues this way, I might end up leaving and never returning again!
Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by youngest85(m): 7:44am On Oct 14, 2018
Same here bro
Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 14, 2018
You're not a devil...the problem is because you've not had a personal encounter with Jesus himself....your parent salvation can be your salvation....till when you have encounter with Jesus himself.....so far your parent are Christians doesn't mean you're a Christian. John 10:1-42
Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by gabinogem(m): 8:02am On Oct 14, 2018
This is the type of sanctimonious mentality most parents put up in this part of the world that makes religion less interesting for their kids. The gullible ones will grow up & take after such myopic mindset & the cycle continues just like that.
Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by igho003(m): 8:11am On Oct 14, 2018
Same bro
Sometimes I believe if I even go church na then I go dey sin more
Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by kizolo(m): 8:11am On Oct 14, 2018
It happens in majority of Nigerian Christian homes...most youths go to church just to please their parents not because they really want to.. I hope ur mum won't go and report u to the pastor and elders that u need deliverance
Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by OneKinGuy(m): 8:23am On Oct 14, 2018
darol4real:
You're not a devil...the problem is because you've not had a personal encounter with Jesus himself....your parent salvation can be your salvation....till when you have encounter with Jesus himself.....so far your parent are Christians doesn't mean you're a Christian. John 10:1-42
so it's only in the church I can do that?
Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by falcon01: 8:25am On Oct 14, 2018
grin
Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 14, 2018
Lolzz OP just reminded me of Madonna University sending me admission letter when i was just done with my diploma & about starting 200 L.. The school just started out then like a year plus old & my dad was hell bent that i take up the admission but my cousin who was already there told me how students were treated just like OP said & me done do about 2yrs for Ekpoma how i want take cope Omo the total blanking for the issue no be here.. But OP going to church or not doesn't equal salvation. Just be true to yourself & keep believing in God. God is not man & is only worshipped in spirit & in truth not by being a regular church goer or pastor's favourite
Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 14, 2018
OneKinGuy:
[s]Good day people, I am from a Pentecostal Christian family. Ever since I was born am being forced to church every single Sunday which get me extremely angry. Am currently 19years.

I was in boarding school during my secondary school days. Every Sunday, we are forced to church. To make things worst, I was given admission by a private university in enugu which treats their student like secondary school students, and forces people to still go to church. They even force Muslim student to their dubious activities.

This year, I made up my to officially stop anything church in my life. I told my parents that I will be dropping out of the private university to gain admission else where and I will stop going to the family church. At first they where like 'that can't happen, you must go to chrirch always". And i was like' Na me get my body, come and force me let me see'.

After everything they where like 'You are responsible for yourself, what ever choice you make, you must bear the consequences'. Ever since then, am being looked like a prodigal son, even more like the devil himself. It's not that am completely denouncing my Christian faith, I just simply don't want to go to church again. I don't see that as a big deal.

I believe that everyone has the right to choose what they want and not to be forced to do what they don't want to. If my parent continues this way, I might end up leaving and never returning again![/s]
You're don't know anything yet. I pray you don't learn the hard way.
Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 14, 2018
Nooo....but one thing people don't understand about the coming together brethren is that, there's something unique about it.....there are some things that happen in church that can't happen elsewhere
OneKinGuy:

so it's only in the church I can do that?
Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by OneKinGuy(m): 8:57am On Oct 14, 2018
dairykidd:
Lolzz OP just reminded me of Madonna University sending me admission letter when i was just done with my diploma & about starting 200 L.. The school just started out then like a year plus old & my dad was hell bent that i take up the admission but my cousin who was already there told me how students were treated just like OP said & me done do about 2yrs for Ekpoma how i want take cope Omo the total blanking for the issue no be here.. But OP going to church or not doesn't equal salvation. Just be true to yourself & keep believing in God. God is not man & is only worshipped in spirit & in truth not by being a regular church goer or pastor's favourite
The private university I referred to is related to madonna. Why are those people frustrating students

1 Like

Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by OneKinGuy(m): 8:58am On Oct 14, 2018
darol4real:
Nooo....but one thing people don't understand about the coming together brethren is that, there's something unique about it.....there are some things that happen in church that can't happen elsewhere
Like the fake miracles and stuffs, why don't they go the hospital and do it?
Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by kevoh(m): 9:32am On Oct 14, 2018
OneKinGuy:

The private university I referred to is related to madonna. Why are those people frustrating students
Are you going to be paying the school fees of the new school you are planning to port to? If not, kindly stick to where you are and let your parents foot the bill and every other bill. Play the good child, school is just four years and you are done. You can start acting irreligious once you are 100% independent.
Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by kevoh(m): 9:33am On Oct 14, 2018
Double post!
Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by Hundredfold4lif(m): 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2018
OneKinGuy:
Good day people, I am from a Pentecostal Christian family. Ever since I was born am being forced to church every single Sunday which get me extremely angry. Am currently 19years.

I believe that everyone has the right to choose what they want and not to be forced to do what they don't want to. If my parent continues this way, I might end up leaving and never returning again!
PLEASE ENCOUNTER CHRIST JESUS!!!
Re: I Have Turned To The Devil Because I Don't Want To Go To Church! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
OneKinGuy:

I guess na just their way

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heaven : Thursday, November 1,2018 / "I Am Now Born.again" Snoop Dogg Declares For Christ / Would Jesus Have Condemned Fr Mbaka And Bishop Oyedepo If He Were Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.