Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,973 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

My Encounter With TRACE Corps Member. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Encounter With TRACE Corps Member. (319 Views)

My Encounter With SARS Changed My Mentality - Fattkay / My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal / Missing Egbeda Clock Repairer's Scary Encounter With Ritualists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Encounter With TRACE Corps Member. by villagereporter(m): 8:02am On Oct 14, 2018
I residenc at Owode-Idiroko after Atan in Ogun state, I am a land surveyor. To better my lot in the field of survey I had bought a laptop at Alaba market on Saturday 6th Oct, 2018 but by Sunday 7th Oct the laptop was malfunctioning so I had to return it on Monday which is 8th Oct.

To say the road from Atan to Agbara is bad will be an understatement it is totally worst. Due to the fear of heavy duty trucks that ply that road and to minimise cost of transport I rode my motorcycle to Agbara.

I had gone to Alaba successfully without seeing any TRACE Corps on the road (I went very early), but trouble started when I was returning around 3pm, immediately after Loral school at Ijiun near Lusada, I was stopped in a gangster style by commandant Akinwale E O, Emmanuel, according to their name tag and other cohorts whose name tag has been removed. I was asked to show them the motorcycle papers, I showed them both the original and photocopied though expired without hesitation, commandant Akinwale snatched the paper from me and ordered me to come down which I obliged and before one could say jack Robinson my motorcycle was taken to their office beside Loral school, I asked commandant Akinwale what could be my offence he told me that I should quickly run to the office before my motorcycle is booked and right there I will be told my offence. As I was waiting to board a fifty naira bike to their office another supposed traffic offender was arrested not knowing the man was a police officer in mufti he gave them a terrible time, in the process of the brawling I took my phone, Tecno k7 to record what was happening for social media pleasure but I had not done more than two minutes when it was snatched from me and smacked on the ground, I could not fight them because they were govt officials and "I know no person of calibre"

At this juncture I was livid with rage but I managed to control my anger, I went to the office, a woman dark in complexion, about five feet tall frankly asked me how much is with me, I said 1thousand naira she said that is too "small" if I want to bail my motorcycle I should get at least four thousand naira, I was totally running out of breathing by now so I said you have not told me my offence you charged me, what is my offence, madam? She looked at me and left. It was around five minutes to six before she came back and said uncle you are still here we meet tomorrow "niyen ooo"

As she could not attend to me that day, the following day which is Tuesday 9th Oct I went to the office with mindset of paying but on a second thought when I got to the office I asked for where I can pay the money into the state govt coffers at this point all manners of entreaty were employed trying to dissuade me from taken the money to bank. When they saw how adamant I was they finally gave me tickets to pay five thousand naira at internal revenue office at Agbara and 1thosand naira at Zenith bank. On getting to the office the teller and receipt was snatched from me by commandant Akinwale when I wanted to show the man who gave me the ticket. Akinwale began to roar like a wounded lion that he would make my life unbearable for what I have done, hence he took the original papers and the photocopied ones under my motorcycle sit and thereafter wrote the number plate of my motorcycle down and said he is going to ring all command of TRACE corps member on the road that wherever they see this plate number I should be arrested for not having certified motorcycle papers. Please appeal to commandant Akinwale at TRACE corps office Ijiun near Lusada to release both the original and photocopied papers of my motorcycle because I know the implications.

(1) (Reply)

Police Seize Truck Of Bleaching Creams Being Imported Into South Africa / Nigerian Govt Reacts As Boko Haram Executes Aide Worker, Hauwa Leman / Court Remands Aide To Amobe’s SSA In Prison Over Attempted Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.