Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work (1067 Views)

Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now / Peter Obi: Why Should I Steal Public Money When I’m Richer Than Joe Bidden? / Defence And Interior Ministers Hold Meeting With SE Governors, Leaders In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by EasternActivist: 8:46am On Oct 14, 2018
Let me quickly do this

Disclaimer: Please am not assuring you of an error free content. Please read with discretion.

Good day all,

Here I would love to highlight on few reasons why the SE Governors and SE leaders meeting for a PDP VP consensus candidate won't fly.

I will begin by saying that this method is alien to Nigeria's politics:

Dating back to 1999 when democracy was reinstated. OBJ didn't consult the NE Governors or leaders in picking Atiku as his running mate. In fact they had no say on who OBJ would choose as his running mate. Same goes to when GEJ was picked as running mate to Yaradua. The SS Governors didn't influence that choice too. Also when PMB picked osibanjo. The SW governors didn't hold any meeting for any consensus candidate.

Secondly, SE governorship forum is not the highest national political decision making body.

Whereby the governors with some respective party comes together to share ideas in moving a zone forward, you will agree with me that they have shoved their parties and decided to work as one, for the betterment of the zone and not to influence national political elections.

They are not the right body to decide or reach consensus on political appointments or positions.

Imagine a scenario when a zonal governor's forum reaches a consensus on who will be the next governor of a sister state or the next running mate of a Governor. How disastrous can that be?

So is out of place for them to influence political appointments. In a scenario when the forum tries to adopt a candidate in contrast to the principal choice, dear readers how would that fly? How will the respective party see it? Anti-party right?

Let's observe this scenario, the Governor of Anambra state is an APGA faithful and he is also an APGA chieftain, and we know that APGA is fielding a presidential candidate for 2019. Then tell me how will this play out when there is a consensus candidate and agreement for a PDP VP by the SE Governors forum? or do you think Okorocha would work for the consensus candidate of PDP when he is an APC Chieftain?

Thirdly, why would the SE governors forum demand for special consultation if not for personal gain

moreover, this will never be in the interest of the zone. They might actually form the cabal that would dictate Atiku's presidency or isn't it what the cabal is all about? People who feels the presidency is their entitlement and so the presidency will do their biddings? Nigeria don't want this at the moment. So why are they feeling so entitled and ground standing? undecided

And with many more reasons which I may not remember now but will try and update as I recollect.

In conclusion with these few reason you would understand the reason why the first SE governors meeting held to reach a consensus for a PDP VP candidate ended with stalemate.

Even the said party, PDP can't influence Atiku choice of running mate how then can the SE governorship forum?
I am of the opinion that they should leave Atiku to pick whoever he deems fit and really wish they see through my Lens but that depends on lalasticlala.

If you have any reason why you think that the SE governors forum meeting of choosing a VP candidate for Atiku won't work, you can use the comment below.

Cc mynd44

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by Righteousness89(m): 8:52am On Oct 14, 2018
EasternActivist:
Let me quickly do this

Disclaimer: Please am not assuring you of an error free content. Please read with discretion.

Good day all,

Here I would love to highlight on few reasons why the SE Governors and SE leaders meeting for a PDP VP consensus candidate won't fly.

I will begin by saying that this method is alien to Nigeria's politics:

Dating back to 1999 when democracy was reinstated. OBJ didn't consult the NE Governors or leaders in picking Atiku as his running mate. In fact they had no say on who OBJ would choose as his running mate. Same goes to when GEJ was picked as running mate to Yaradua. The SS Governors didn't influence that choice too. Also when PMB picked osibanjo. The SW governors didn't hold any meeting for any consensus candidate.

Secondly, SE governorship forum is not the highest national political decision making body.

Whereby the governors with some respective party comes together to share ideas in moving a zone forward, you will agree with me that they have shoved their parties and decided to work as one, for the betterment of the zone and not to influence national political elections.

They are not the right body to decide or reach consensus on political appointments or positions.

Imagine a scenario when a zonal governor's forum reaches a consensus on who will be the next governor of a sister state or the next running mate of a Governor. How disastrous can that be?

So is out of place for them to influence political appointments. In a scenario when the forum tries to adopt a candidate in contrast to the principal choice, dear readers how would that fly? How will the respective party see it? Anti-party right?

Let's observe this scenario, the Governor of Anambra state is an APGA faithful and he is also a APGA chieftain, and we know that APGA is fielding a presidential candidate for 2019. Then tell me how will this play out when there is a consensus candidate and agreement for a PDP VP by the SE Governors forum? or do you think Okorocha would work for the consensus candidate of PDP when he is an APC Chieftain?

Thirdly, why would the SE governors forum demand for special consultation if not for personal gain

moreover, this will never be in the interest of the zone. They might actually form the cabal that would dictate Atiku's presidency or isn't it what the cabal is all about? People who feels the presidency is their entitlement and so the presidency will do their biddings? Nigeria don't want this at the moment. So why are they feeling so entitled and ground standing? undecided

And with many more reasons which I may not remember now but will try and update as I recollect.

In conclusion with these few reason you would understand the reason why the first SE governors meeting held to reach a consensus for a PDP VP candidate ended with stalemate.

Even the said party, PDP can't influence Atiku choice of running mate how then can a SE governorship forum?
I am of the opinion that they should leave Atiku to pick whoever he deems fit.

If you have any reason why you think that the SE governors forum meeting of choosing a VP candidate for Atiku won't work, you can use the comment below.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by LoveMachine(m): 8:58am On Oct 14, 2018
This why we don't have nice things...

1 Like

Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by braveboy64(m): 9:00am On Oct 14, 2018
Sai Baba 2019

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by Chikpat(m): 9:12am On Oct 14, 2018
I agree with you. They have no reasonable case. Igbo's are apt to be stupid a times. There are the only people so far fighting against Peter Obi's nomination. Even guys in APC believe that Atiku nailed it with his choice.
Ndi Igbo
Tukwa ha egwu maka na;
Igbo by Igbo bu otu a ka ha si abu igbo

1 Like

Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 14, 2018
In all things , I personally think Dave Umahi is working for Buhari to undermine Atiku.

He has once said Buhari is his only boss save for his wife.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by hucienda: 9:19am On Oct 14, 2018
Interesting analysis.
Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by BiafraIShere(m): 9:21am On Oct 14, 2018
You made nice points, bravo!
Those men parading themselves as governors are shameless people.
These guys only hold meetings whenever they want to sabotage our interests as a people. That was how they held their useless meeting and gave their support to buhari to kidnap Nnamdi Kanu and in the process many of our young men were massacred by the army and their bodies buried in shallow grave!!
These bunch of saboteurs never hold meetings that will benefit us.
Buhari threw federal character out of the window and refused to pick Igbos as any of the Chief security men or even any significant position yet these selfish men kept quite and never held any meeting. Same thing happened when he refused to do any project in the SE or even upgrade the AIIA Enugu just like its mates in other zones yet these saboteurs never held meeting.
But immediately Atiku decided to pick Peter Obi as running mate, something he has exclusive right to, these saboteurs started holding meetings!!!
What is their point exactly?? Is Peter Obi not from the SE?? Did Peter Obi not perform well as a governor??
Imagine an APGA governor like Obiano whose party has a presidential candidate or Rochas whose party also has a presidential candidate now telling telling another party and its candidate who to chose as VP shocked shocked
These guys are just behaving like children and are just disgracing themselves grin grin
That abo.ki in Abakailiki is obviously being used by buhari to cause confusion but we are wiser than them!!
Umahi is a disgrace to Igbos, that man won't mind throwing Igbos under the bus if he feels doing so would bring him favour.
Even someone like Okezie Ikpeazu who is as confused as buhari on how to develop Abia is telling Atiku who to pick as running mate undecided undecided
What kind of iberiberism is this abeg!!?
Ndi ara!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by AskProf: 9:25am On Oct 14, 2018
blizard44:
In all things , I personally think Dave Umahi is working for Buhari to undermine Atiku.

He has once said Buhari is his only boss save for his wife.

Very well said.

1 Like

Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by EasternActivist: 9:36am On Oct 14, 2018
Chikpat:
I agree with you. They have no reasonable case. Igbo's are apt to be stupid a times. There are the only people so far fighting against Peter Obi's nomination. Even guys in APC believe that Atiku nailed it with his choice.
Ndi Igbo
Tukwa ha egwu maka na;
Igbo by Igbo bu otu a ka ha si abu igbo

Is quite pathetic.

Like someone said in a particular thread.
Just about when most cheerful Nigerians are about to play blues BC of the atiku/obi combination, the enemies wan spoil the blues with reggae smiley

1 Like

Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by EasternActivist: 9:36am On Oct 14, 2018
hucienda:
Interesting analysis.

Thank you smiley
Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by EasternActivist: 9:38am On Oct 14, 2018
braveboy64:
Sai Baba 2019

So you would like this calamity we are experiencing with this present government to continue?

Dear have change of heart nah, is not for me but for your loved ones who have suffered enough BC of direct or indirect input of this government. Or have you benefitted anything good from this government?

Nuff said, let's not derail the thread...
Lalasticlala can you now take us to the promise land...
We need more views.
Cc Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by mrhowoto: 9:41am On Oct 14, 2018
cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by EternalTruths: 9:50am On Oct 14, 2018
These same useless Governors did not consult us before proscribing IPOB.

@Op

Another Reason Is because we Igbos don't dance to the tune of politicians.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by weownlagos: 9:57am On Oct 14, 2018
EternalTruths:
These same useless Governors did not consult us before proscribing IPOB.

@Op

Another Reason Is because we Igbos don't dance to the tune of politicians.
Useless fools indeed. In fact they are worse than ret@rds.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by Nyamuriflathead: 10:03am On Oct 14, 2018
its as simple as the letters of the alphabets. they will be working against atiku kom 2019. southeast vote is already divided, with ebonyi, anambra, IMO and abia disagreeing on obis candidature.

1 Like

Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by Chikpat(m): 10:10am On Oct 14, 2018
EasternActivist:

Is quite pathetic.

Like someone said in a particular thread.
Just about when most cheerful Nigerians are about to play blues BC of the atiku/obi combination, the enemies wan spoil the blues with reggae smiley

They can have their say but well meaning people will have their way
Re: Atiku/obi: Why SE Governors Choice Of VP Won't Work by Doerstech(m): 10:29am On Oct 14, 2018
Let them so called SE leaders go and rest,

(1) (Reply)

APC Chieftaincy Secretly Voted For PDP In An Online Voting Poll (PHOTO) / APC Camp In Disarray. Members Fleeing In Thousands. Where's Tinubu?... / Buhari, The Most Incompetent President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.