Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,695 members, 7,820,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Ask Me Any Questions About Donald Duke Here. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ask Me Any Questions About Donald Duke Here. (263 Views)

2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP / Donald Duke Releases 2019 Campaign Posters For Presidential Election / Donald Duke Sent On An Errand By His Wife - See Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Me Any Questions About Donald Duke Here. by ProjectNaija(m): 1:57pm On Oct 14, 2018
Please note that only responsible questions will be responded to.

As a patriotic Nigerian, I have decided to support one of the very best Nigeria has to offer in terms of good leadership based on his phenomenal track record of achievements which was attained whilst keeping his integrity very intact.

I present to you the man Donald Duke, I will be willing to answer any questions you may have pertaining to his presidential credentials and why he is the best of all the candidates running for the office of the president.

Please find below the link to the Donald Duke volunteer group. Your participation in group activities will be highly appreciated.https://web./165423823983563/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About Donald Duke Here. by Jumbus31(m): 2:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
What size is Donald Duke's dick?
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About Donald Duke Here. by prospero5(m): 2:19pm On Oct 14, 2018
in 2007 or thereabout, there was so much noise about Tinapa by Donald Duke. did he not make any survey on such a huge project with its relative benefits as presented to Nigerians before embarking on it?
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About Donald Duke Here. by globemoney: 2:20pm On Oct 14, 2018
Can you give me the contact to one of his daughters
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About Donald Duke Here. by ProjectNaija(m): 7:33pm On Oct 14, 2018
prospero5:
in 2007 or thereabout, there was so much noise about Tinapa by Donald Duke. did he not make any survey on such a huge project with its relative benefits as presented to Nigerians before embarking on it?

Thanks so much for the question, the Tinapa project was the biggest project embarked on by Donald Duke and it had the potential to make Cross Rivers State Nigeria's second commercial capital second only to Lagos. Prior to the commencement of the project, a world class consulting firm (KPMG) was commissioned to carry out a feasibility study on the project and it was based on this study that the project was embarked on. The project was deemed so viable that they got the world's biggest retail chain (Wal-Mart) to sign on to be the anchor tenant of Tinapa taking up two of the four proposed emporiums. Everything about the planning of Tinapa was �% top notch and it would have actually transformed the economy of Nigeria if it was allowed to operate. What then went wrong?

There were two things primarily that made the Tinapa project fail, firstly Tinapa has the status of a Free Trade
Zone meaning that there ought to be duty waivers or concessions for certain categories of goods imported into the country through it. The first problem that Tinapa had was that the Customs refused to recognize it as a Free Trade Zone that it rightfully was and they charged exhorbitant duty on goods coming in through the Zone thus rendering it commercially unviable. The second major problem with Tinapa was that the Federal government refused to keep it's part of the agreement to dredge the Calabar river so ocean going vessels can come through and discharge goods directly to the Zone, as a result of this due to transhipment costs in addition to the high duties charged, cost of goods sold in Tinapa became higher than it was meant to be and made it unattractive to the buying public.

The third problem with Tinapa is that the succeeding Liyel Imoke administration showed very little interest in the project. If they had shown more interest they would have tackled the federal government when they reneged on the agreement to dredge the Calabar river and gotten them to compel the Nigerian Customs Service to respect the terms of the Free Trade Zone that Tinapa was. I hope I have been able to shed more light on what exactly went wrong with the Tinapa project. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi’s Endorsement: Reward For A Good Job / Atiku Simplifies Best Way To Fight Crimes, Promises Job Creations / Wthe Ridicule Of Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.