Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Letter To Southeast Governors/stakeholders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To Southeast Governors/stakeholders (247 Views)

APC Governors, Stakeholders Mull Adamu’s Replacement / Stalemate In APC, PDP As Governors, Stakeholders Disagree Over Running Mates / Southwest Governors, Stakeholders Hold Security Summit In Ibadan (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To Southeast Governors/stakeholders by mrroy91(m): 4:24pm On Oct 14, 2018
I bring you greetings from every Igbo youth who wishes to write this letter to you but somehow are yet to get their fingers on their keyboards/pads.

I write this letter with a heavy heart like a son whom has been betrayed by his father.

I read with outmost disbelief and disappointment a purported press release after your emergency meeting in Enugu yesterday that I caught a fever immediately.

Igbo youths have overtime been confronted with the rhetoric of Igbo enwe Eze and have always been mocked with supposed self-centeredness and pull him down syndrome of Igbo nation within her ranks and unfortunately your recent actions and utterances have done nothing but to validate these negative stereotypes.

Your strong displeasure on not being consulted for the choice of Peter Obi as Atiku's running mate is nothing but criminal, satanic, devilish, treachery and total abuse of position of influence.

If I may ask:
How many of you is a product of consultation?

How many of you appointed your cabinet through consultations?

How many of you appointed your aids through consultations? Etc

Your claim that PDP VP slot was zoned to South East is too bogus and too irresponsible to be coming from a committee of men who should know better. Its an open secret that the VP slot was only zoned to the South and since the PDP national chairman is from South South, it was a 50-50 chance for southeast and South west and most importantly at the discretion of the presidential flag bearer therefore its mischievous to feed us with fake news and half baked lie that it was zoned to Southeast.

It is a well known practice all over the world that once a flag bearer emerges from a party he/she reserves the right to chose a running mate whose interest aligns and has what it takes to help achieve their collective mandate so where did you invent the new procedure of stakeholders consultation and possibly allowing you to chose for the candidate?

The fact that you weren't consulted is one of the main reasons we are supporting Atiku in the first place. We need a president who is his own man not one to be dictated for who he should run with, we need a president that will take actions out of convictions and not out of pressure nor sentiment, we need a president that has clear cut agenda on what he wants at all time not one that ran with a mate he doesn't know his name.

Atiku gave us a glimpse of hope by winning the presidential primaries without the endorsement of any state governor which is a paradigm shift from the overbearing influence of governors in past administrations which is one of the critical factors that led to GEJ's underperformance.

That Atiku chose Obi without consultation as you tagged it further oiled our conviction that he is ready for work and is going to be the president of the people not of the elites alone.

Talking of consultations, before you gladiators rushed to the emergency meeting did you consult us the ordinary citizens who are stakeholders in your various states and constituencies to know our stand on the development since you are meant to be representing us?
Listen to your environment and you will perceive the wind of happiness flowing around

When I first read governor Umahi's claim I thought it was a joke but now its obvious that its a handshake above the elbow.

If any of you is feeling threatened that Obi's choice has thwarted your future political calculations, you have more reasons to fear because we are coming to take over from you sooner than expected but for now you all need to swallow your ego, pride and personal interest to work for the greater good of Ndigbo and Nigeria at large.

I am writing this by 3am because I can't sleep as a result of your betrayal but there is still time to make ample amends.

Atiku/Obi are going to be voted in by ordinary citizens of Nigeria and any attempt to scuttle it for selfish reasons will be vehemently resisted by Igbo youths.

Ekwueme Ifeanyichukwu Roy

1 Like

Re: Letter To Southeast Governors/stakeholders by hisgrace090: 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
It's quit disheartening What the igbos are parading as governors are nothing but charllaterns.

If they continue with their evil request they'll lost the respect of the masses knowing they don't really care about us.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Southeast Governors/stakeholders by mrroy91(m): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2018
Their ego, pride and selfishness is getting in their way reasoning but they won't succeed.

Though Atiku need them to lock down southeast but any attempt to tamper with Obi will result to unimaginable electoral apathy
Re: Letter To Southeast Governors/stakeholders by mrroy91(m): 5:00pm On Oct 14, 2018
hisgrace090:
It's quit disheartening What the igbos are parading as governors are nothing but charllaterns.

If they continue with their evil request they'll lost the respect of the masses knowing they don't really care about us.

They will definitely come to their senses but posterity won't forget this unsportsmanship

(1) (Reply)

PDP Rejects Buhari’s Travel Ban On 50 Nigerians ..says It Is Full Blown Fascism / If You’re To Do A Rap Album On Buhari’s Performance So Far, What Will The Title / President Buhari's 10 Sins (a Plot Twist)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.