Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,339 members, 7,864,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:54 PM

Advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice (246 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice by umarshehudikko(m): 12:59am On Oct 15, 2018
Hello Everyone, good day.
Please I need an advice from you guys, I am 300 level student, since 2016 that I had been admitted into university through direct entry I find it difficult to pass all the required courses in each semester ,in the first year during the first semester I passed all the courses but with a low grade point, in the 2nd semester I failed one course I.e for 200 level.Then for 300 level ,in the first semester I failed two courses which I wrote an application for verification of my result but they are yet to release the result for the verification but if they discover that I failed the courses which is prerequisite to other courses in 400 level ,then I have an additional of one semester to complete the required courses.So please I need your advice ,only 3 semesters left for me I.e 2ndsemester 300 level(I am doing my siwes for now for the whole semester) and then 400level so please how can I make A's for the 3 semesters in all my courses and also avoid carryover.Thanks
Re: Advice by umarshehudikko(m): 7:05am On Oct 15, 2018
thanks everyone.
Re: Advice by id4sho(m): 7:28am On Oct 15, 2018
umarshehudikko:
Hello Everyone, good day.
Please I need an advice from you guys, I am 300 level student, since 2016 that I had been admitted into university through direct entry I find it difficult to pass all the required courses in each semester ,in the first year during the first semester I passed all the courses but with a low grade point, in the 2nd semester I failed one course I.e for 200 level.Then for 300 level ,in the first semester I failed two courses which I wrote an application for verification of my result but they are yet to release the result for the verification but if they discover that I failed the courses which is prerequisite to other courses in 400 level ,then I have an additional of one semester to complete the required courses.So please I need your advice ,only 3 semesters left for me I.e 2ndsemester 300 level(I am doing my siwes for now for the whole semester) and then 400level so please how can I make A's for the 3 semesters in all my courses and also avoid carryover.Thanks
I understand your plight. I advise you change your reading habits, spend quality time on each courses, study passed questions, align your self with those guys topping the class, do your assignment and attendance where required ,you can even read your lecture notes before you sleep, get a small jotter and summarize your lecture notes and handouts, study hard for your test.
This was what I did when I had academics issues in university, I was even short listed to leave the mechanical engineering department .i switched to surveying and Geoinformatics dept .i even got used to writing two exams same time because of carryover . I graduated with a good result .
Brother, it is doable and most importantly rebuild your self confidence before, during and after exams because academic failure can really pull one down. Be academically disciplined, Sit up and fight.
The Struggle continues
Re: Advice by umarshehudikko(m): 10:43am On Mar 05, 2022
Hello everyone, please any information about PTDF scholarship 2022\2023 session. what is the timeline for the interview?

(1) (Reply)

International Berkeley Undergraduate Prize For Design Excellence 2019 Contest / Begin Now To Chart Your Career Path, AE-FUNAI VC Charges New Staff / Study Abroad In Ukraine | Admission 2018/19 January Intake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.