Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,457 members, 7,853,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:14 AM

Why I Want To Serve Oyo Again - Alao Akala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Want To Serve Oyo Again - Alao Akala (334 Views)

Mammoth Crowd As Alao-akala Launches Campaign In Ibadan / Ajimobi Locks Adebayo Alao-Akala N3 Billion Property (photos) / Adenike Khadijat Oluboyo Found Dead In Boyfriend, Adeyemi Alao's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Want To Serve Oyo Again - Alao Akala by adeoluphilips: 11:23am On Oct 15, 2018
Why I Want to Serve Oyo Again - Alao Akala

The immediate past governor of Oyo state and gubernatorial candidate of African Democratic Party (ADP), Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala has reiterated that his decision to run for governorship position in the forthcoming 2019 general elections was not motivated by personal aggrandizement but the need to better lives of the teeming masses who are at the receiving end of the present inhumane administration in the state.

Otunba Alao-Akala, in his usual animated and unpretentious mood highlighted this while receiving his running mate, Professor Abideen Olaiya who paid a courtesy visit to his country home in Ogbomoso. He stated that the current administration in the state failed to conduct a proper scale of preference in running of its affairs thereby prioritizing frivolities at the expense of numerous neccessities. ''Why should a government be dualizing an already spacious road and leave backlog of salaries unpaid?''. He queried.

He also reinforced his commitment to take over the ownership of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso within his first 100 days in office. According to him, ''with all sense of humility, a proactive leader must not only be able to see but also envision, and I foresaw the crises currently bedevilling Lautech when I was in government which made me finalize all necessary documents for the take over of the institution, only for the present administration to discontinue the process in a step that has done vast disservice to the academic fortune of our students and welfare of workers in the school.'' He maintained that nonpayment of salaries of workers in higher institutions to the tune of 17 months portends a gloomy future for the state if not quickly rescued from those currently steering its affairs.

While acknowledging his choice of Professor Abideen Olaiya as running mate among other eminently qualified technocrats as the will of God, the former governor expressed confidence that if elected, his administration will hit the ground running owing to his longstanding experience that places him miles ahead of other contestants and the thorough academic background and Grassroots credentials of his running mate who he described as a devout Muslim with fear of God and unconditional love for the masses.

Abideen Olaiya, a Professor of Crop and Ecophysiology pledged his unadulterated support to the Action Democratic Party and affirmed the commitment of ADP to bring back excellent governance to the state with the aim of running an inclusive government that will benefit the entire populace and not just the tiny percentage of the ruling class.

'Wadud Raji Wadraj
For;
Alao-Akala Campaign Org.

Re: Why I Want To Serve Oyo Again - Alao Akala by ALARAPE22(m): 11:35am On Oct 15, 2018
Owk ooooooo..........
Re: Why I Want To Serve Oyo Again - Alao Akala by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 21, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Travel Ban: APC Ex-spokesman Frank Releases ‘authentic List’ Of Those Aff / Us Army Job Offer For Hausa/arabic Speaking (boko Haram) / Senator Shehu Sani Should Have Left APC When The Ovation Is Loudest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.