Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv (3104 Views)

Prof. Yemi Osinbajo's 67th Birthday / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Is Not A Democrat, He Prepared My Detention Under Decree 2 / VP Yemi Osinbajo Visits Google Headquarters In The US, Received By Google CEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by seguntijan(m): 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2018
The war of CV is raging already. 

I just got the one below.

Professor Yemi Osinbajo, SAN

Personal Data: Other Names: Oluyemi Oluleke,
Date of Birth: 8th March, 1957,
Place of Birth: Creek Hospital, Lagos,
Home Address: 4, Osinbajo Close, Obanikoro, Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Nigeria.
Nationality: Nigerian,
Marital Status: Married.

Education: London School of Economics & Political Science, Master of Laws – 1980,
Nigerian Law School – 1979,
Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria
Winner of Graham-Douglas Prize for Commercial Law University of Lagos, 1975-78,
LLB, Second Class Upper,
Winner State Merit Award -, Igbobi College Yaba – 1969-75,
School Prize for English Oratory, 1971, 1972;
Adeoba Prize for English Oratory 1972-1975;
Elias Prize for Best Performance in History (WASC) – 1973,
School Prize for Literature (HSC), 1975;
African Statesman Intercollegiate Best Speaker’s Prize, 1974.

Work Experience: Simmons Cooper Partners (Barristers and Solicitors), Senior Partner, 2007 till date;
University of Lagos, Professor of Law, Department of Public Law, Faculty of Law, 2007 to 2013;
Lagos State Ministry of Justice, Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice;
Member of Cabinet, Lagos State, 1999 to May 2007 ; United Nations Secretary General’s Committee of Experts on Conduct and Discipline of UN Peacekeeping Personnel around the globe,
Member (2006); United Nations Operations in Somalia, Staff Member, Justice Division, UNOSOM II; Law Firm of Osinbajo, Kukoyi & Adokpaye, Partner; University of Lagos, Professor of Law and Head of Department of Public Law (1997-1999),
Federal Government of Nigeria, Special Adviser to the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, (legal advice and litigation), 1988-1992; University of Lagos, Senior Lecturer I (1983-86), Lecturer II (1981-1983),
Bendel Development and Planning Authority, Legal Officer (Youth Service),1979-1980

Professional Activities: International Criminal Court, Counsel,
2012 Citibank (Nigeria), Independent Director, appointed in 2008;
Senior Advocate of Nigeria, 2002 ;
African Development Bank, Ethics Adviser, Advisory Board;
Asset and Resource Management Company Limited (ARM), Board Member,
2011 Education Sector Support Programme in Nigeria, Consultant, analysis of Legislation on Universal Basic Education, 2010;
United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Assessing the Efficiency and Impact of African Anti-Corruption Commissions, Consultant, 2009; International Bar Association, delegation to South Africa to consider the issue of the independence of the judiciary and the rule of law, Member, 2008; Board of Studies of the Council for Legal Education, Member, 2003-2007;
Body of Benchers, Member, 1999-2007; Council of Legal Education, Member,1997-2007;
International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda Arusha on training of Prosecutors, Consultant (2004);
Revision and Publication of Laws of Lagos State, Coordinator, 2003;
Human Rights Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association, Member (1999);
Ministerial Committee for Review of Minerals Laws and Regulations, Member, (1996);
ECOWAS, Eminent person group for the Harmonisation of the Commercial Laws of ECOWAS States, Member (1996);
National Committee on the Review of Solid Mineral Laws, Member, 1996;
Expert advisory team to Ethiopia to advice parliament on Legal aspects of Democratisation, Member (1992);
National Committee on the Reform and Unification of the Nigerian Criminal Laws and Procedure Codes, Member, 1988-1991;
National Committee on Prison Reform, Member, 1991;
Compilation and Editorial Committee of Nigeria’s Treaties in Force (1970-1990) (Published in 10 volumes) Coordinator, 1991;
United Nations African Institute for Crime Prevention (UNAFRI), Consultant, (1991);
Delegation to the Meeting of Senior Officials of Commonwealth Law Ministries, Singapore, Leader, (1990);
Task Force on the Revision of the Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, Member, 1990; Commonwealth Ad-Hoc Working Committee on the Protection of Cultural Property, Member, (1990); Senate of Lagos State University, Member ;
Senate of the University of Lagos, Member; Convention on Business Integrity, Co-founder & Chairman, Justice Research Institute Ltd. Gte., Board Member ,
THE ORDERLY SOCIETY TRUST, Executive Director Negotiation and Conflict Management International Board Member, United Nations Development Programme/United Nations Centre on Transnational Corporations/Training Programmes in Negotiating International Commercial/Financial Agreements for Senior Government and Private Sector Officials; and Providing An Enabling Environment for Foreign Investment in Nigeria, Coordinator; United Nations Centre on Transnational Corporations/United Nations Development Programme, Consultant; Commonwealth Working Party on the Commonwealth Advisory Service on Arbitration, Member;
Nigerian Delegation to Negotiation of ECOWAS Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties, Gambia, Leader ; Governing Board of Legal Research and Resource Development Centre (LRRDC), Member ;
Governing Board of Empowerment and Action Research Centre (EMPARC), Member ;
International Bar Association, Member; Justice Committee of the Transitional Work Groups of the Governor-Elect Lagos State, Secretary; British Institute of International and Comparative Law, Member.

Membership of Editorial Boards of Learned Publications:

Editorial Advisory Board of the Appellate Review Journal(Published by The Emmanuel Ayoola Foundation);
Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law; Nigerian Supreme Court Cases – DSC Publications (Published in 35 volumes);
Justice (Journal of Contemporary Legal Problems); Contemporary Law Journal, (Faculty of Law, UNILAG);
All Nigeria Law Reports (Published in 31 volumes); LASU Law Journal, Lawyers Bi-Annual,
Journal of Finance and Investment Law; National Correspondent Bulletin of Legal Developments, Editorial Director Justice Now legal newspaper.

Membership of Editorial Boards of Non-Legal Publications:

Member, Editorial Advisory Board of the News/Tempo,
Editor/Consultant, Human Dignity (Journal of the Human Rights Club),
Member, Editorial Board of Scrutiny (Advocacy Bulletin of Integrity)

Publications

Chapters Contributed to Books:

The Common Law, The Evidence Act and The Interpretation of Section 5(a) in Essays in Honour of Judge Elias (1986) (J.A. Omotola, ed) pgs. 165-18;

Some Reforms in The Nigerian Law of Evidence Chapter in Law and Development (1986), (J.A. Omotola and A.A. Adeogun eds.) pgs. 282-311;

Rules of Evidence in Criminal Trials in the Nigerian Special Military Tribunals Chapter 2 in Essays on Nigerian Law, Vol … 1, Pgs. 28-42. (J.A. Omotola ed),

Some Public Law Considerations in Environmental Protection. Chapter in “Environmental Laws in Nigeria”, (J.A. Omotola ed.) 1990 pgs 128-149,

Domestic and International Protection for Women: “Landmarks on the Journey so Far” in Women and Children under Nigerian Law”. (Awa U. Kalu & Yemi Osinbajo eds.) 1990. pgs. 231-241

Some Problems of Proof of Bank Frauds and Other Financial Malpractices in Bank Frauds and Other Financial Malpractices in Nigeria (Awa Kalu ed.)

Modalities For The Implementation of The Transition Provisions in The New Constitution in Law Development and Administration, (Yemi Osinbajo & Awa Kalu eds.) FMJL Review Series, (1990).

Legal and Institutional Framework For The Eradication of Drug Trafficking in Nigeria – Narcotics: Laws and Policy in Nigeria (Awa Kalu & Yemi Osinbajo eds.) FMJL Review Series, 1990

Proof of Customary Law in non-Customary Courts, – Towards a Restatement of Nigerian Customary Laws, (Osinbajo & Awa Kalu eds.) 1991,

External Debt Management: Case Study of Nigeria – International Finance and External Debt Management, UNDP/UNCTC, 1991,

Judicial and Quasi-judicial Processing of Economic and organized Crimes: Experiences, Problems etc. Essays in Honour of Judge Bola Ajibola, (Prof. C.O. Okonkwo ed.) 1992,

Human Rights, Economic Development and the Corruption Factor in Human Rights and the Rule of Law and Development in Africa (Paul T. Zeleza et al eds) 2004

Articles Published in Learned Journals:

Legitimacy and Illegitimacy under Nigerian Law Nig. J. Contemp. Law. (1984-87) pgs. 30-45

Unraveling Evidence of Spouses in Nigeria, Legal Practitioners Review Vol. 1 No. 2 1987 pgs. 23-28

Can States Legislate on Rules of Evidence? Nigerian Current Law Review 1985 pgs. 234-242

Problems of Proof in Declaration of Title to Land, Journal of Private and Property Law Vol. 6 & 7, October 1986, pgs. 47-68

Interpretation of Section 131(a) of the Evidence Act. Journal of Private and Property Law Vol. 6 & 7 (1986), pgs. 118-122

Review of Some Decrees of the Structural Adjustment Era (Part 1, 2, 3), (1989) 2 GRBPL No. 2 (Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law) pgs.60-63, (1989) 2 GRBPL No. 3 (Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law) pgs. 51-55, (1989) 2 GRBPL No. 4 (Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law)

Current Issues in Transnational Lending and Debt Restructuring Agreements part 1 and 2

Autonomy, Academic Freedom and the Laws Establishing Universities in Nigeria (1990) Jus. Vol. 1 No. 2, pgs. 53-64

Admissibility of Computer Generated Evidence. (1990) Jus. Vol. 1 No. 1 pgs. 9-12

Allegations of Crime in Civil Proceedings, U.I. Law Review 1987

Roles, Duties and Liabilities of Collateral Participants and Professional Advisers in Unit Trust Schemes (1991) Jus. Vol. 1 No. 7 pgs. 71-83

Reform of the Criminal Law of Evidence in Nigeria (1991) Jus. 2 No. 4 Pgs. 71-98

Profit and Loss Sharing Banks – (1990) Jus. Vol. 2 No. 8, Juvenile Justice Administration in Nigeria.

A Review of the Beijing Rules. (1991) Jus. Vol. 2 No. 6. Pgs. 65-73

Sovereign Immunity in International Commercial Arbitration – The Nigerian Experience and emerging state practice- In African Journal of International and Comparative Law, 4 RADIC 1992, page 1-25,

Human Rights and Economic Development in The International Lawyer. 1994, Vol. 28, No. 3 pgs. 727-742

Legality in a Collapsed State: The Somalia Experience 45 ICLQ 1996, pgs. 910-924.

Books Authored/Edited:

Integration of the African Continent Through Law” (Edward Foakes Publishers, 1989, vol. 7, Federal Ministry of Justice Law Review Series)

Towards A Better Administration of Justice System in Nigeria” (Edward Foakes Publishers, 1989)

Women and Children Under Nigerian Law with (Awa kalu Co. Ed.) FMJL Review Series

The Unification and Reform of the Nigerian Criminal Law and Procedure Codes with (Awa Kalu Co. Ed.) – (Malthouse Press), 1990, FMJL Review Series

Law Development and Administration (Malthouse Press), 1990

Narcotics: Law and Policy in Nigeria, FMJL Review Series 1990

Nigerian Media Law, with (Prof. PK Fogam) GRAVITAS Publishers 1991

Perspectives on Human Rights in Nigeria with (Awa Kalu, Co.Ed) FMJL Review Series 1991

Democracy and the Law, FMJL Review Series, 1991

Perspectives on Corruption in Nigeria, FMJL Review Series 1992

Cases and Materials on Nigerian Law of Evidence, Macmillan, 1996

The Citizens Report Card on Local Governments (with Omayeli Omatsola) 1998

Economic, Social and Cultural Rights – A training Agenda for Nigeria (with Bankole Olubamise and Yinka Balogun,) Legal Research and Resource Development Centre, 1998

Annotated Rules of the Superior Courts of Nigeria (with Ade Ipaye) Lexis-Nexis Butterworths 2004

Cross Examination: A Trial Lawyer’s Most Potent Weapon (with Fola-Arthur Worrey) Lexis-Nexis Butterworths 2006

MONOGRAPHS

Problems and Prospects of Development Control 2004

Elections and Electoral Malpractices in Nigeria 2009

The Imperative of Electoral Reforms – A Critical Element of Constitutional Re-engineering of Nigeria 2009

Strengthening The Code Of Conduct Bureau 2009

Building Ethical Institutions: The Experience Of The Lagos State Judiciary 2009

The State Of Criminal Justice In Nigeria: Challenges And Opportunities 2009

Transparency And Ethical Considerations In The Development Of The Nigerian Economy 2009

The Responsibility Of Privilege 2010

Reforming Civil Procedure Rules: The Lagos State Experience 2010

Understanding How The Legal Process Works In Business 2010

The Modern Justice Delivery Technique 2010

Challenges Of Enforcement Of Securities In Nigeria 2010

Political Institutions And Electoral Integrity 2010

Development and Policy Use of Criminal Justice Information and Statistics 2010

The Retreat of the Legal Process 2011

The Rule of Law: The Foundations are Shaking 2011

Structuring Criminal Justice Administration In A Federal State: Priorities For Nigeria 2011

Regulatory Framework for Curbing Internet Crimes and Money Laundering 2014

Leadership and Legacy: The Power of One 2014

Repositioning Nigerian Universities For The 21st Century: Paradigms For Innovation And Change 2014

Delays In Justice Administration: Beyond The Rules And The Law 2014

Towards A More Transparent And Merit‐Based Judicial Recruitment System In States Judicial Service Commissions 2014

The Rule of Law and National Development 2014

AWARDS

Lagos State Government An award in recognition of invaluable 09/Sept/1999 contribution as member, Justice Committee of Lagos Transition Work Group

Lagos State Government An award in recognition of invaluable 09/Sept/1999 contribution as MEMBER, policy committee of Lagos Transition Work Group

Nigerian Bar Association Merit Award for outstanding

Ikeja Branch contributions to the Bench and Bar and 15/June/2001 commitment to the rule of law in Lagos

Lagos State Judiciary Award for invaluable support

06/Dec/2003 towards the upliftment and growth of administration of justice in Lagos State Judiciary

Nigerian Bar Association Outstanding Practitioner award in 2004 recognition of Prof. Yemi Osinbajo

(SAN)’s contribution to the legal profession and the Nigerian Bar Association

Magistrates Association of Nigeria Award of excellence in recognition of 09/Dec/2005 meritorious and selfless service to magistracy and humanity

Lagos State House of Assembly Outstanding performance award

28/April/2005 (The House Committee on Judiciary

Human Rights and Public Petition)

Nigeria Bar Association Award of honour in appreciation of an

Ikeja Branch immense contribution to the

26/May/2006 development of constitutionalism in Nigeria

Thisday Newspaper Nomination as Legal Practitioner of the year

Lagos State Ministry of Justice An Award in recognition of an

April, 2007 eight year tenure of resourceful motivational and revolutionary leadership of the Justice sector in Lagos state

Nigerian Leadership Initiative Award for exemplary leadership in

July 2007 government

Committee for the Distinguished Mediators Award

Defence of Human Rights in recognition of selfless commitment

20/Sept/2010 to peace and development

Lagos State Government Emeritus Ambassador for the

Ministry of Environment Environment

Lagos State Government An Award in recognition of an outstanding 2010 contribution to the development of the Justice Sector of Lagos State

Nigerian Lawyers Association Law and Justice Award. In recognition of

December 2011 an exceptional and remarkable service in the academia and the public sector, dedication to advocating for and implementing Judicial Reform in Nigeria.

The Lagos State Judiciary and An Award in recognition of a meritorious

The Lagos State Multi-Door service on The Lagos Multi- door

Courthouse 2014 Courthouse Governing Council

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by Ohammadike: 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
After everything he and the dullard landed us in recession and lost millions of jobs and thousands of lives to the dullard.

Peter obi on the other hand left the most financially stable state with zero debt and billions in saving.

We are OBIlLgated to Atikulate 2019

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by ken6488(m): 5:42pm On Oct 15, 2018
That Cv Did Not Create Any Job Na Instead Reccesion

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by CityNGR: 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2018
tongue

A former governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi, has said that he has only one wristwatch, which he has worn for 17 years, alongside two pairs of black shoes, which he traveled in with most times.

Speaking at The Platform, the flagship programme of Covenant Christian Centre in Lagos, Obi said when the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) searched his house at Osborne, Ikoyi, Lagos, they found nothing.

He said the anti-corruption agency said he does not leave there because they could not find wristwatches, jewelry and other exotic materials.

Speaking on the Ikoyi cash, Obi said: “Let me tell you what is worrisome; well we don’t know, they are still dealing with who owns the money or who doesn’t own the money, but that will one day be clarified”.

“Let me tell you where I am even worried. Why would anybody put it in such a circmstance, what if it caught fire? If that money was put in our banking system, whoever kept it would have earned eight percent per annum, so he would have earned about $7 million by now.

“$7 million is about N2.8 billion today. That is the amount I spent for all secondary schools in Anambra in a year. If he decided to be generous and give it to graduates, they would have shared it to 2,800 graduates, out of which 2,000 would have been successful.

“I live there, but having been governor of Anambra for eight years, I cannot live outside Anambra. The only place I have a house officially built is Onitsha, if you see any house in Lagos, Abuja or anywhere else belonging to Peter Obi, confiscate it. I lease that place for my wife and children.”

On the search of his Ikoyi home, Obi said nothing was found except his wife’s cloth and shoes, adding that he has only one wristwatch, which he has used for 17 years.

“Ask those who searched it. I was abroad, they said they wanted to search my house, I sent the key, and they searched my whole apartment and I can tell you the only thing they found.

“They said this man doesn’t live here. It was only his wife’s clothes and shoes that we saw, we didn’t see anything belonging to him.

“I have said it to Nigerians, Peter Obi wears only black shoes, and I have two pairs of it, and I travel with it. The purpose of shoe is to protect the leg from being hurt. Nothing else. I bought this from Marks and Spencer, $49.99, finish.

“They said ‘we didn’t even see watch’, and I have said it to everyone, this is the only watch I have, I have worn it for 17 years. The purpose of watch is to keep time. Why would I keep a watch at home? Whose time is it keeping?”

http://sunnewsonline.com/ive-had-only-one-wristwatch-for-17-years-ex-gov-peter-obi/
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2018
Yes, they go outside Nigeria to acquire what we call education and come back to rule us in this rotten country with a pitiable educational system.

Nigerians, shine your eyes

2 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by Is04970: 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2018
Intimidating CV.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by Doerstech(m): 5:54pm On Oct 15, 2018
Lifeless CV...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by Omeokachie: 5:56pm On Oct 15, 2018
White sepulchre grin

2 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by mustmust(m): 5:57pm On Oct 15, 2018
If u like make the CV be like times ten of this I am already atikulated and I am becoming obilated as well

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by chuksville(m): 5:57pm On Oct 15, 2018
Please...

3 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by AloyalNigerian(m): 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2018
This is massive shocked shocked shocked

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by Kenekingisback: 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2018
Simply put he is not a business man. He lacks business acumen.

9 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by tinsel: 6:05pm On Oct 15, 2018
Peter Obi in his cv always omit the third class he made in unn.

2 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by Back2Daura(m): 6:08pm On Oct 15, 2018
Good cv no impact on the economy. It is either buhari doesn't listen to osinbajo or osinbajo lost ideas. Let's try ATIKUOBI IF THEY FAIL WE VOTE THEM OUT. BUT BUHARIMUSTGO#

3 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by Bitchiamjay(m): 6:08pm On Oct 15, 2018
Even if he like make him read from heaven to hell..

I'm forever Atikulated

4 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by Back2Daura(m): 6:10pm On Oct 15, 2018
tinsel:

Third class no matter we want employment. Let's try ATIUKUOBI. BUHARIMUSTGO

5 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by SenatorBudoma: 6:26pm On Oct 15, 2018

Yemi Osinbajo, has received several awards, they include:

State Merit Award 1971
the School Prize for English Oratory, 1972
Adeoba Prize for English Oratory 1972–1975
Elias Prize for Best Performance in History (WASC) 1973
School Prize for Literature (HSC), 1975
African Statesman Intercollegiate Best Speaker’s Prize, 1974
President Goodluck Jonathan conferred on Osinbajo the Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger on May 28, 2015.
Memberships Edit
He is a member of the following professional bodies:

Nigerian Bar Association
International Bar Association
Nigerian Body of Benchers
Council of Legal Education in Nigeria and Senior Advocate of Nigeria
Publications Edit
Chapters contributed to books
The Common Law, The Evidence Act and The Interpretation of Section 5(a) in Essays in Honour of Judge Elias (1986) (J.A. Omotola, ed) pgs. 165-18;
Some Reforms in The Nigerian Law of Evidence Chapter in Law and Development (1986), (J.A. Omotola and A.A. Adeogun eds.) pgs. 282–311;
Rules of Evidence in Criminal Trials in the Nigerian Special Military Tribunals Chapter 2 in Essays on Nigerian Law, Vol ... 1, Pgs. 28–42. (J.A. Omotola ed)
Some Public Law Considerations in Environmental Protection. Chapter in “Environmental Laws in Nigeria”, (J.A. Omotola ed.) 1990 pgs 128–149
Domestic and International Protection for Women: “Landmarks on the Journey so far” in Women and Children under Nigerian Law”. (Awa U. Kalu & Yemi Osinbajo eds.) 1990. pgs. 231–241
Some Problems of Proof of Bank Frauds and Other Financial Malpractices in Bank Frauds and Other Financial Malpractices in Nigeria (Awa Kalu ed.)
FMJL Review Series, Modalities For The Implementation of The Transition Provisions in The New Constitution in Law Development and Administration (Yemi Osinbajo & Awa Kalu eds.) (1990).
FMJL Review Series, Legal and Institutional Framework For The Eradication of Drug Trafficking in Nigeria – Narcotics: Laws and Policy in Nigeria (Awa Kalu & Yemi Osinbajo eds.) 1990
Proof of Customary Law in non-Customary Courts, – Towards a Restatement of Nigerian Customary Laws, (Osinbajo & Awa Kalu eds.) 1991
External Debt Management: Case Study of Nigeria – International Finance and External Debt Management, UNDP/UNCTC, 1991
Judicial and Quasi-judicial Processing of Economic and organised Crimes: Experiences, Problems etc. Essays in Honour of Judge Bola Ajibola, (Prof. C.O. Okonkwo ed.) 1992
Human Rights, Economic Development and the Corruption Factor in Human Rights and the Rule of Law and Development in Africa (Paul T. Zeleza et al. eds) 2004
Articles published in law journals
Legitimacy and Illegitimacy under Nigerian Law Nig. J. Contemp. Law. (1984–87) pgs. 30–45
Unraveling Evidence of Spouses in Nigeria, Legal Practitioners Review Vol. 1 No. 2 1987 pgs. 23–28
Can States Legislate on Rules of Evidence? Nigerian Current Law Review 1985 pgs. 234–242
Problems of Proof in Declaration of Title to Land, Journal of Private and Property Law Vol. 6 & 7, October 1986, pgs. 47–68
Interpretation of Section 131(a) of the Evidence Act. Journal of Private and Property Law Vol. 6 & 7 (1986), pgs. 118–122
Review of Some Decrees of the Structural Adjustment Era (Part 1, 2, 3), (1989) 2 GRBPL No. 2 (Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law) pgs.60–63, (1989) 2 GRBPL No. 3 (Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law) pgs. 51–55, (1989) 2 GRBPL No. 4 (Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law)
Current Issues in Transnational Lending and Debt Restructuring Agreements part 1 and 2, Autonomy, Academic Freedom and the Laws Establishing Universities in Nigeria (1990) Jus. Vol. 1 No. 2, pgs. 53–64, Admissibility of Computer Generated Evidence. (1990) Jus. Vol. 1 No. 1 pgs. 9–12
Allegations of Crime in Civil Proceedings, U.I. Law Review 1987;
Roles, Duties and Liabilities of Collateral Participants and Professional Advisers in Unit Trust Schemes (1991) Jus. Vol. 1 No. 7 pgs. 71–83, Reform of the Criminal Law of Evidence in Nigeria (1991) Jus. 2 No. 4 Pgs. 71–98
Profit and Loss Sharing Banks – (1990) Jus. Vol. 2 No. 8, Juvenile Justice Administration in Nigeria.
A review of the Beijing Rules. (1991) Jus. Vol. 2 No. 6. Pgs. 65–73
Sovereign Immunity in International Commercial Arbitration – The Nigerian experience and emerging state practice- In African Journal of International and Comparative Law, 4 RADIC 1992, page 1-25, Human Rights and Economic Development in The International Lawyer. 1994, Vol. 28, No. 3 pgs. 727–742
Legality in a Collapsed State: The Somalia Experience 45 ICLQ 1996, pgs. 910–924.
Books published/edited
Nigerian Media Law, GRAVITAS Publishers 1991
Integration of the African Continent Through Law” (Edward Foakes Publishers, 1989, vol. 7, Federal Ministry of Justice Law Review Series)
Towards A Better Administration of Justice System in Nigeria” (Edward Foakes Publishers, 1989)
FMJL Review Series, “Women and Children Under Nigerian Law”
FMJL Review Series, The Unification and Reform of the Nigerian Criminal Law and Procedure Codes – (Malthouse Press), 1990
Perspectives on Human Rights in Nigeria FMJL Review Series 1991
The Citizens Report Card on Local Governments (with Omayeli Omatsola 1998)
Economic, Social and Cultural Rights – A training Agenda for Nigeria (with Bankole Olubamise and Yinka Balogun, 1998) Legal Research and Resource Development Centre
Annotated Rules of the Superior Courts of Nigeria (with Ade Ipaye) Lexis-Nexis Butterworths 2004
Cross Examination: A Trial Lawyer’s Most Potent Weapon (with Fola-Arthur Worrey) Lexis-Nexis Butterworths 2006

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by IamAtikulate: 6:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
So this is the CV that got us into recession.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by chudyprince: 6:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
tinsel:
grin
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by rhemmiedream(m): 6:43pm On Oct 15, 2018
This man nah scholar...

2 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by forgiveness: 6:45pm On Oct 15, 2018
International champion Vs local champion. grin

Sai Buhari!

2 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by ikechemez(m): 7:25pm On Oct 15, 2018
Something is missing in this CV please.
I did not see The president of national association of charge and bail lawyers.1966-1970 ABI them no follow?

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by WhyMoD: 7:56pm On Oct 15, 2018
His CV has better prepared him for a lecturing/legal job.
No managerial/ political know-how

We'd need him as the supreme Court Justice when Atiku wins in 2019..
We have confidence in his integrity..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 7:58pm On Oct 15, 2018
hmmm angry Law.. Law.. Law.. "won a case between a fair seller and a dubious buyer" is that all, what you should know anything + buhari = 0, that is Osibade + buhari = 0
Meanwhile..

3 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by alezzy13: 8:01pm On Oct 15, 2018
Cheii!! See Ceevee kwa!! shocked

I made the point at the other thread, let's face it, Osinbajo and Obi no be mates anyday. FACT

This is not taking anything away from Obi who has also made his mark.

This is not an ethnic thing. For instance, Prof Soludo might have been a better match for Osinbajo, but not Obi.

BUT honestly Osinbajo would easily floor Obi, CV-wise, eloquence, oratory, etc.

Osinbajo can speak for hours extempore without recourse to notes or handouts, and each sentence laden with eloquent wisdom delivered in perfect diction, clarity and articulation.

NB: this is coming from one who detests this current administration.

3 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by Pekele007: 8:06pm On Oct 15, 2018
seguntijan:
The war of CV is raging already. 

I just got the one below.

Professor Yemi Osinbajo, SAN

Personal Data: Other Names: Oluyemi Oluleke,
Date of Birth: 8th March, 1957,
Place of Birth: Creek Hospital, Lagos,
Home Address: 4, Osinbajo Close, Obanikoro, Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Nigeria.
Nationality: Nigerian,
Marital Status: Married.

Education: London School of Economics & Political Science, Master of Laws – 1980,
Nigerian Law School – 1979,
Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria
Winner of Graham-Douglas Prize for Commercial Law University of Lagos, 1975-78,
LLB, Second Class Upper,
Winner State Merit Award -, Igbobi College Yaba – 1969-75,
School Prize for English Oratory, 1971, 1972;
Adeoba Prize for English Oratory 1972-1975;
Elias Prize for Best Performance in History (WASC) – 1973,
School Prize for Literature (HSC), 1975;
African Statesman Intercollegiate Best Speaker’s Prize, 1974.

Work Experience: Simmons Cooper Partners (Barristers and Solicitors), Senior Partner, 2007 till date;
University of Lagos, Professor of Law, Department of Public Law, Faculty of Law, 2007 to 2013;
Lagos State Ministry of Justice, Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice;
Member of Cabinet, Lagos State, 1999 to May 2007 ; United Nations Secretary General’s Committee of Experts on Conduct and Discipline of UN Peacekeeping Personnel around the globe,
Member (2006); United Nations Operations in Somalia, Staff Member, Justice Division, UNOSOM II; Law Firm of Osinbajo, Kukoyi & Adokpaye, Partner; University of Lagos, Professor of Law and Head of Department of Public Law (1997-1999),
Federal Government of Nigeria, Special Adviser to the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, (legal advice and litigation), 1988-1992; University of Lagos, Senior Lecturer I (1983-86), Lecturer II (1981-1983),
Bendel Development and Planning Authority, Legal Officer (Youth Service),1979-1980

Professional Activities: International Criminal Court, Counsel,
2012 Citibank (Nigeria), Independent Director, appointed in 2008;
Senior Advocate of Nigeria, 2002 ;
African Development Bank, Ethics Adviser, Advisory Board;
Asset and Resource Management Company Limited (ARM), Board Member,
2011 Education Sector Support Programme in Nigeria, Consultant, analysis of Legislation on Universal Basic Education, 2010;
United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Assessing the Efficiency and Impact of African Anti-Corruption Commissions, Consultant, 2009; International Bar Association, delegation to South Africa to consider the issue of the independence of the judiciary and the rule of law, Member, 2008; Board of Studies of the Council for Legal Education, Member, 2003-2007;
Body of Benchers, Member, 1999-2007; Council of Legal Education, Member,1997-2007;
International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda Arusha on training of Prosecutors, Consultant (2004);
Revision and Publication of Laws of Lagos State, Coordinator, 2003;
Human Rights Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association, Member (1999);
Ministerial Committee for Review of Minerals Laws and Regulations, Member, (1996);
ECOWAS, Eminent person group for the Harmonisation of the Commercial Laws of ECOWAS States, Member (1996);
National Committee on the Review of Solid Mineral Laws, Member, 1996;
Expert advisory team to Ethiopia to advice parliament on Legal aspects of Democratisation, Member (1992);
National Committee on the Reform and Unification of the Nigerian Criminal Laws and Procedure Codes, Member, 1988-1991;
National Committee on Prison Reform, Member, 1991;
Compilation and Editorial Committee of Nigeria’s Treaties in Force (1970-1990) (Published in 10 volumes) Coordinator, 1991;
United Nations African Institute for Crime Prevention (UNAFRI), Consultant, (1991);
Delegation to the Meeting of Senior Officials of Commonwealth Law Ministries, Singapore, Leader, (1990);
Task Force on the Revision of the Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, Member, 1990; Commonwealth Ad-Hoc Working Committee on the Protection of Cultural Property, Member, (1990); Senate of Lagos State University, Member ;
Senate of the University of Lagos, Member; Convention on Business Integrity, Co-founder & Chairman, Justice Research Institute Ltd. Gte., Board Member ,
THE ORDERLY SOCIETY TRUST, Executive Director Negotiation and Conflict Management International Board Member, United Nations Development Programme/United Nations Centre on Transnational Corporations/Training Programmes in Negotiating International Commercial/Financial Agreements for Senior Government and Private Sector Officials; and Providing An Enabling Environment for Foreign Investment in Nigeria, Coordinator; United Nations Centre on Transnational Corporations/United Nations Development Programme, Consultant; Commonwealth Working Party on the Commonwealth Advisory Service on Arbitration, Member;
Nigerian Delegation to Negotiation of ECOWAS Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties, Gambia, Leader ; Governing Board of Legal Research and Resource Development Centre (LRRDC), Member ;
Governing Board of Empowerment and Action Research Centre (EMPARC), Member ;
International Bar Association, Member; Justice Committee of the Transitional Work Groups of the Governor-Elect Lagos State, Secretary; British Institute of International and Comparative Law, Member.

Membership of Editorial Boards of Learned Publications:

Editorial Advisory Board of the Appellate Review Journal(Published by The Emmanuel Ayoola Foundation);
Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law; Nigerian Supreme Court Cases – DSC Publications (Published in 35 volumes);
Justice (Journal of Contemporary Legal Problems); Contemporary Law Journal, (Faculty of Law, UNILAG);
All Nigeria Law Reports (Published in 31 volumes); LASU Law Journal, Lawyers Bi-Annual,
Journal of Finance and Investment Law; National Correspondent Bulletin of Legal Developments, Editorial Director Justice Now legal newspaper.

Membership of Editorial Boards of Non-Legal Publications:

Member, Editorial Advisory Board of the News/Tempo,
Editor/Consultant, Human Dignity (Journal of the Human Rights Club),
Member, Editorial Board of Scrutiny (Advocacy Bulletin of Integrity)

Publications

Chapters Contributed to Books:

Some Reforms in The Nigerian Law of Evidence Chapter in Law and Development (1986), (J.A. Omotola and A.A. Adeogun eds.) pgs. 282-311;

Rules of Evidence in Criminal Trials in the Nigerian Special Military Tribunals Chapter 2 in Essays on Nigerian Law, Vol … 1, Pgs. 28-42. (J.A. Omotola ed),

Some Public Law Considerations in Environmental Protection. Chapter in “Environmental Laws in Nigeria”, (J.A. Omotola ed.) 1990 pgs 128-149,

Domestic and International Protection for Women: “Landmarks on the Journey so Far” in Women and Children under Nigerian Law”. (Awa U. Kalu & Yemi Osinbajo eds.) 1990. pgs. 231-241

Modalities For The Implementation of The Transition Provisions in The New Constitution in Law Development and Administration, (Yemi Osinbajo & Awa Kalu eds.) FMJL Review Series, (1990).

Legal and Institutional Framework For The Eradication of Drug Trafficking in Nigeria – Narcotics: Laws and Policy in Nigeria (Awa Kalu & Yemi Osinbajo eds.) FMJL Review Series, 1990

Proof of Customary Law in non-Customary Courts, – Towards a Restatement of Nigerian Customary Laws, (Osinbajo & Awa Kalu eds.) 1991,

External Debt Management: Case Study of Nigeria – International Finance and External Debt Management, UNDP/UNCTC, 1991,

Judicial and Quasi-judicial Processing of Economic and organized Crimes: Experiences, Problems etc. Essays in Honour of Judge Bola Ajibola, (Prof. C.O. Okonkwo ed.) 1992,

Human Rights, Economic Development and the Corruption Factor in Human Rights and the Rule of Law and Development in Africa (Paul T. Zeleza et al eds) 2004

Articles Published in Learned Journals:

Legitimacy and Illegitimacy under Nigerian Law Nig. J. Contemp. Law. (1984-87) pgs. 30-45

Unraveling Evidence of Spouses in Nigeria, Legal Practitioners Review Vol. 1 No. 2 1987 pgs. 23-28

Can States Legislate on Rules of Evidence? Nigerian Current Law Review 1985 pgs. 234-242

Problems of Proof in Declaration of Title to Land, Journal of Private and Property Law Vol. 6 & 7, October 1986, pgs. 47-68

Interpretation of Section 131(a) of the Evidence Act. Journal of Private and Property Law Vol. 6 & 7 (1986), pgs. 118-122

Review of Some Decrees of the Structural Adjustment Era (Part 1, 2, 3), (1989) 2 GRBPL No. 2 (Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law) pgs.60-63, (1989) 2 GRBPL No. 3 (Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law) pgs. 51-55, (1989) 2 GRBPL No. 4 (Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law)

Current Issues in Transnational Lending and Debt Restructuring Agreements part 1 and 2

Autonomy, Academic Freedom and the Laws Establishing Universities in Nigeria (1990) Jus. Vol. 1 No. 2, pgs. 53-64

Admissibility of Computer Generated Evidence. (1990) Jus. Vol. 1 No. 1 pgs. 9-12

Allegations of Crime in Civil Proceedings, U.I. Law Review 1987

Roles, Duties and Liabilities of Collateral Participants and Professional Advisers in Unit Trust Schemes (1991) Jus. Vol. 1 No. 7 pgs. 71-83

Reform of the Criminal Law of Evidence in Nigeria (1991) Jus. 2 No. 4 Pgs. 71-98

A Review of the Beijing Rules. (1991) Jus. Vol. 2 No. 6. Pgs. 65-73

Sovereign Immunity in International Commercial Arbitration – The Nigerian Experience and emerging state practice- In African Journal of International and Comparative Law, 4 RADIC 1992, page 1-25,

Human Rights and Economic Development in The International Lawyer. 1994, Vol. 28, No. 3 pgs. 727-742

Legality in a Collapsed State: The Somalia Experience 45 ICLQ 1996, pgs. 910-924.

Books Authored/Edited:

Women and Children Under Nigerian Law with (Awa kalu Co. Ed.) FMJL Review Series

The Unification and Reform of the Nigerian Criminal Law and Procedure Codes with (Awa Kalu Co. Ed.) – (Malthouse Press), 1990, FMJL Review Series

Nigerian Media Law, with (Prof. PK Fogam) GRAVITAS Publishers 1991

Perspectives on Human Rights in Nigeria with (Awa Kalu, Co.Ed) FMJL Review Series 1991

The Citizens Report Card on Local Governments (with Omayeli Omatsola) 1998

Economic, Social and Cultural Rights – A training Agenda for Nigeria (with Bankole Olubamise and Yinka Balogun,) Legal Research and Resource Development Centre, 1998

MONOGRAPHS

Problems and Prospects of Development Control 2004

Elections and Electoral Malpractices in Nigeria 2009

The Imperative of Electoral Reforms – A Critical Element of Constitutional Re-engineering of Nigeria 2009

Strengthening The Code Of Conduct Bureau 2009

Building Ethical Institutions: The Experience Of The Lagos State Judiciary 2009

The State Of Criminal Justice In Nigeria: Challenges And Opportunities 2009

Transparency And Ethical Considerations In The Development Of The Nigerian Economy 2009

The Responsibility Of Privilege 2010

Reforming Civil Procedure Rules: The Lagos State Experience 2010

Understanding How The Legal Process Works In Business 2010

The Modern Justice Delivery Technique 2010

Challenges Of Enforcement Of Securities In Nigeria 2010

Political Institutions And Electoral Integrity 2010

Development and Policy Use of Criminal Justice Information and Statistics 2010

The Retreat of the Legal Process 2011

The Rule of Law: The Foundations are Shaking 2011

Structuring Criminal Justice Administration In A Federal State: Priorities For Nigeria 2011

Regulatory Framework for Curbing Internet Crimes and Money Laundering 2014

Leadership and Legacy: The Power of One 2014

Repositioning Nigerian Universities For The 21st Century: Paradigms For Innovation And Change 2014

Delays In Justice Administration: Beyond The Rules And The Law 2014

Towards A More Transparent And Merit‐Based Judicial Recruitment System In States Judicial Service Commissions 2014

The Rule of Law and National Development 2014

AWARDS

Lagos State Government An award in recognition of invaluable 09/Sept/1999 contribution as member, Justice Committee of Lagos Transition Work Group

Lagos State Government An award in recognition of invaluable 09/Sept/1999 contribution as MEMBER, policy committee of Lagos Transition Work Group

Nigerian Bar Association Merit Award for outstanding

Ikeja Branch contributions to the Bench and Bar and 15/June/2001 commitment to the rule of law in Lagos

Lagos State Judiciary Award for invaluable support

06/Dec/2003 towards the upliftment and growth of administration of justice in Lagos State Judiciary

Nigerian Bar Association Outstanding Practitioner award in 2004 recognition of Prof. Yemi Osinbajo

(SAN)’s contribution to the legal profession and the Nigerian Bar Association

Magistrates Association of Nigeria Award of excellence in recognition of 09/Dec/2005 meritorious and selfless service to magistracy and humanity

Lagos State House of Assembly Outstanding performance award

28/April/2005 (The House Committee on Judiciary

Human Rights and Public Petition)

Nigeria Bar Association Award of honour in appreciation of an

Ikeja Branch immense contribution to the

26/May/2006 development of constitutionalism in Nigeria

Thisday Newspaper Nomination as Legal Practitioner of the year

Lagos State Ministry of Justice An Award in recognition of an

April, 2007 eight year tenure of resourceful motivational and revolutionary leadership of the Justice sector in Lagos state

Nigerian Leadership Initiative Award for exemplary leadership in

July 2007 government

Committee for the Distinguished Mediators Award

Defence of Human Rights in recognition of selfless commitment

20/Sept/2010 to peace and development

Lagos State Government Emeritus Ambassador for the

Ministry of Environment Environment

Lagos State Government An Award in recognition of an outstanding 2010 contribution to the development of the Justice Sector of Lagos State

Nigerian Lawyers Association Law and Justice Award. In recognition of

December 2011 an exceptional and remarkable service in the academia and the public sector, dedication to advocating for and implementing Judicial Reform in Nigeria.

The Lagos State Judiciary and An Award in recognition of a meritorious

The Lagos State Multi-Door service on The Lagos Multi- door

Courthouse 2014 Courthouse Governing Council
You are very dull o. Is this a CV or his journal contributions

80% of Nigerians are educated illiterates.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by abc115: 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2018
Pekele007:

You are the one that is very dull...you just disgraced yourself and your entire family that sent you to school.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by abc115: 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2018
Impressive

5 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by Pekele007: 8:26pm On Oct 15, 2018
abc115:

You are the one that is very dull...you just disgraced yourself and your entire family that sent you to school.
Sense is very far from you. Dullards everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by eddyghali(m): 11:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
Pekele007:

you just decided to quote the entire write up and then embarrassed your self join. Journal contribution is part of a CV of an academia...what did you smoke?

2 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by Mankosi: 11:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
Who cv help?

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Cv by wallex1983(m): 1:48am On Oct 16, 2018
Is it only me that did not read this CV?

I no read this kind full textbook for exams sef.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: APC Disappoints Omisore, Picks Ajibola As Senatorial Candidate / Heartbreaking Photos Of The 55 People Killed In The Kasuwa Magani Riot In Kaduna / Igbos Were Denied Voting Last Election In Lagos - Miyetiti Allah Spokesperson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.