Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

How Do I Know He Loves Me? (true Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Do I Know He Loves Me? (true Story) (1423 Views)

A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story / Depression Almost Got Me(true STORY) / The Handsome Devil I Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Know He Loves Me? (true Story) by Akukom: 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2018
First of all, I’m tired. I’m tired of being insecure. I’m tired of second guessing myself and everyone around me. I’m tired of overthinking and over analyzing every scenario and situation. I’m tired of pretending that everything is fine. I’m tired.

Now that I’ve established how tiresome my life is, let me go straight to the point. My boyfriend is really a great guy. He cares for me, he takes care of me financially and otherwise. He’s smart and handsome and generous and every girls’ dream.

Herein lies the dilemma. He seems too good to be true. I’m a naturally distrustful and cynical person. And before you think it, no. I’ve never been hurt by a guy or cheated on or lied to. I guess it’s just something I was born with. I always feel like I’m being lied to. I never take words at face value (always looking for underlying meaning) and I don’t expect much from anybody.

But when I met this man, I wanted to change. I wanted to believe in someone. To rely on another person. I WANTED to. But it’s harder than I thought it would be. Opening my self up. To be used and casted away. Being vulnerable. I’m shuddering just thinking about giving soneone that much power over me.

So when he said he loved me, I did what any sane girl would do. I said I loved him too but I didn’t trust him. Lol. And then I found out that I actually wanted him to love me. It’ll be nice. Being with someone because you can’t forget about them. Your every waking thoughts involve them. Their smile lightens up your day. Their mood affects yours.

So what is the problem you might ask? Well…when do I know for sure? O keep thinking about that Whitney Houston’s song, “How will I know”. Humans are so deceptive and manipulative. Infact, asides from Snakes and Foxes......

Full Story: https://akukom.com/how-will-i-know-he-loves-me/

Source: www.akukom.com

(1) (Reply)

Pills & Chills: A Short Story / ANCIENT&CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN ART (artists,art Students,art Lovers And Collector / Abraham Lincoln Vs John F Kennedy, A Coincidence Or An Act Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.