Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,879 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Is Google Trying To Sabotage Samsung With The Design Of The Pixel 3xl? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Google Trying To Sabotage Samsung With The Design Of The Pixel 3xl? (1553 Views)

Samsung With Strange Display On Screen / Google Pixel 6 Pro Review – With The Pixel 6 Pro, You Get A Lot / What Makes The Pixel And Iphone 11 Image Quality Class Leading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Google Trying To Sabotage Samsung With The Design Of The Pixel 3xl? by Nixxxx(m): 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2018
For those who follow up on happenings in the mobile phone and electronics world. A couple of days ago Google launched a follow up on their pixel device line up, the pixel 3 and the pixel 3xl a lager variant of pixel 3. The biggest news from the release of both pixel devices is that pixel 3 xl had a "Notch". Now, That really got me soo damn pissed off at Google, because every single person knows that when it comes to smart phones, the two major stake holders in the business is simply Samsung and Apple. That is in terms of everything sales and popularity etc ,with Samsung having the highest number of sales worldwide. That been said, Every major player or brand in the business generally, especially those in product manufacturing and service rendering, knows fully well that uniquely branding your product with some kind of signature, logo or a peculiar design language, is extremely important, because that determines how your customers perceive and identify you. Take for example, most times you don't exactly need to see the logo on a vehicle for you to know ooh "that's a Mercedes, that is a Toyota or that is Honda" because over the years they have been able to distinguish themselves with a peculiar design language, thus people have identified them in that sense. Last year, the idea of making an infinity screen with out borders or bezels was much talked about. In response, Samsung came up with the galaxy s8 with minimal bezel and slight borders at the top and the bottom. Apple came out with iPhone x also with a minimal bezel, but to differentiate them from Samsung, theirs had what is called a notch at the top. Automatically both unique designs or representation of an infinity screen became their signature design language. Apple was known for the notch, while Samsung was known for slight pronounced borders on the top and bottom of the their devices . Now back to the bone of contention, Google knowing fully well that Samsung over the years has now come to be known and perceived as a symbol for Android operating system.

Re: Is Google Trying To Sabotage Samsung With The Design Of The Pixel 3xl? by Nixxxx(m): 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2018
To the extent that you cannot mention android without bringing Samsung into the picture . I can almost categorically say that without Samsung Android probably would have totally lost the ground to Apple's iPhone. Fast ward like almost a year after Samsung launched its idea of an infinity screen and Apple launched her iPhone x, Google decided to make or follow up on her pixel line up, and then she goes ahead to make it look almost like an iPhone. That to me automatically undermines and ridicules Samsung's idea of a smartphone. It's like Microsoft making a surface laptop that has almost exactly the same unique design of the Apple laptop,what message are they trying to pass to manufacturers using their operating system?. That the design and concept of their key competitor is better?. By Google taking sides with what is supposed to be your biggest competitor as against Samsung whom is supposed to be your greatest partner and symbol, does speak volumes. I have not used a pixel device before, but a lot people whom have, continuously claim it feels more like an iPhone than an android device, because most of its actions and gestures were just copied from the iPhone x. In general I think by making this move Google is indirectly trying to sabotage Samsung. All because of share jealousy, knowing fully well that if Google sides with Apple's concepts more it means that Apple is better, and therefore people will follow them and leave Samsung. Thus more and more Android users would buy the iPhone instead of Samsung because the Google pixel devices or looks and feels more like an iPhone. To me I feel Google has thrown a major shade on Samsung by aligning herself with the design language of apple, so therefore it's about that time Samsung starts looking away from Android and start the design of her own operating system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Google Trying To Sabotage Samsung With The Design Of The Pixel 3xl? by Harryfrosh: 10:06pm On Oct 15, 2018
Sabotage in what way? Because if you're talking about the phone design... I believe majority of phone makers are guilty of dis... And I really don't blame them... Because too much phone is making them to run out of design ideas...

3 Likes

Re: Is Google Trying To Sabotage Samsung With The Design Of The Pixel 3xl? by acenazt: 4:53am On Oct 16, 2018
The guy above nailed the coffin shut. Respect
Re: Is Google Trying To Sabotage Samsung With The Design Of The Pixel 3xl? by mrMeen(m): 10:26am On Oct 16, 2018
Avirex:

Get this, Samsung have consistently made the Best Android Flagships (Galaxy S, S II, Note, S III, Note 2, S 4,
Note 3 & so on) GSM Arena is your Friend

Google devices cannot compete with the Total Package of a Samsung Flagship (Features, Display, Design & Experience)

Google & Apple are American Companies so their motives are easy to discern

Regardless of their alignment, Samsung is still better than Both Companies. The South Korean Company is Enigmatic

To all the Apple Lovers, Do Say a Well Deserved Thank You to Samsung Every time U Stare @ Ya Iphone Screen

(Checkmate: Samsung makes them for Apple)
baba ooooooooooooooo.
Re: Is Google Trying To Sabotage Samsung With The Design Of The Pixel 3xl? by iheartellah(m): 12:31pm On Oct 16, 2018
Avirex:

Get this, Samsung have consistently made the Best Android Flagships (Galaxy S, S II, Note, S III, Note 2, S 4,

Google devices cannot compete with the Total Package of a Samsung Flagship (Features, Display, Design & Experience)

Regardless of their alignment, Samsung is still better than Both Companies. The South Korean Company is Enigmatic

To all the Apple Lovers, Do Say a Well Deserved Thank You to Samsung Every time U Stare @ Ya Iphone Screen

So true!!!!
Re: Is Google Trying To Sabotage Samsung With The Design Of The Pixel 3xl? by ikennamadu1(m): 2:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
Avirex:

I duff my hat for you....
Re: Is Google Trying To Sabotage Samsung With The Design Of The Pixel 3xl? by Inehmesit: 11:17pm On Oct 16, 2018
One thing I know for sure is that, Samsung will never make a phone with a notch on the screen. Till tomorrow #sammyfanbiy for life! cool
Re: Is Google Trying To Sabotage Samsung With The Design Of The Pixel 3xl? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 11:38pm On Oct 16, 2018
But u guys should know that apple did not start the notch display trend, Essential phones did!!!
Re: Is Google Trying To Sabotage Samsung With The Design Of The Pixel 3xl? by Nixxxx(m): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2018
The essential phone notch looks extremely different from those seen on iPhone and pixel go look it up ml.
PhenomenalMorgan:
But u guys should know that apple did not start the notch display trend, Essential phones did!!!

(1) (Reply)

The New MTN Differentiated Kpalasa Offer, Gives You 100% Data Bonus / Which Glo Plan Is Best For Data And Browsing / Infinix S5 Pro Price In Nigeria, Specifications, Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.