Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:34 AM

Antoine Griezmann Deserves 2018 Ballon D'or Award - Luka Modric - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Antoine Griezmann Deserves 2018 Ballon D'or Award - Luka Modric (312 Views)

Who Was The Best Player That Never Won The Ballon d'Or Award? / Lionel Messi Shows Off Skills After Ballon D'or Award In Barca Training (Photos) / Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Antoine Griezmann Deserves 2018 Ballon D'or Award - Luka Modric by Gisthoodng(m): 6:43am On Oct 16, 2018
Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric has snubbed Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi with his choice for the Ballon d'or award.

Modric - who won the Champions League with Real Madrid and reached the 2018 World Cup final, is on the 30-man shortlist released.

Ronaldo and Messi have dominated the award for over a decade but a break could happen in 2018.

Among the list of contenders is Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba despite his poor performances for United at club level.

One of the key criteria for the Ballon d'or is silverware accumulated and Pogba, Griezmann and Kylian Mbappe won the 2018 World Cup with France.

While Messi and Ronaldo would sure hope to win the award, Modric believes Antoine Griezmann deserves the prestigious award.

“I would put Antoine Griezmann in pole position in terms of the 3 Frenchmen, for all he has achieved this year," Modric said.

"Mbappe? He's an extraordinary talent, a wonderful promise for the future but whohas already displayed a great level.

“He's really special.”

However, Modric doesn’t necessarily think he will walk away with the accolade.

He added: “I do not like to talk that way and say, 'Yes, I deserve the Golden Ball’.

“The important thing for me is to be in the field as I have been for months.

“This year 2018 has been without a doubt the best of my career.

"You are not going to make me say: 'It is I who must win it'."

Source:>>https://www.mysportdab.com/2018/10/antoine-griezmann-deserves-2018-ballon.html

cc: Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

AFCON Qualifiers: Ighalo Nets Brace As Nigeria Beat Libya Again / Where Is Softworldsystem / Chelsea Not For Sale – Roman Abramovich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.