Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,481 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:28 PM

Threat To Life: Melaye Runs To President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Threat To Life: Melaye Runs To President Buhari (1007 Views)

Dino Melaye Meets Cheetahs (Photos, Video) / Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes / Service Chiefs Shun Reps As Speaker Runs To Buhari For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Threat To Life: Melaye Runs To President Buhari by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 16, 2018

Regardless of his strong stance against President Muhammadu Buhari, the chairman of the Senate Committee on the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Dino Melaye still knows he holds the ace.
Melaye has written a petition to President Buhari over what he called threats to his life.

The Senator, who represents‎ Kogi West Senatorial District, alleged that the Kogi State Police Command was working in cahoots with the state governor, Yahaya Bello, to eliminate him, hence the need to seek the intervention of the president.
It is understood that Melaye copied the petition to the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Amnesty International (AI), European Union (EU), the United States, United, Canadian and German Embassies in Nigeria, the United Nations (UN), the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) as well as the African Union (AU).

In the petition dated October 13, Melaye said the Nigeria Police Force the withdrawal of his police details since April has further exposed him into danger of the plot to eliminate him.
He, therefore, called on the president to direct the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Ibrahim Idris to order for his security details to be restored, saying as a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, he deserves police protection.

‎However, the Kogi State Police Command, in a statement by the PPRO DSP William Ovye Aya, said Melaye’s claims were not only false, malicious and mischievous but also an attempt to mislead the public.
‎It said, “The senator is wanted by the Kogi State Police Command for criminal conspiracy, attempted culpable homicide and unlawful possession of firearms.

“The Commissioner of Police hereby appeals to Senator Dino Melaye to report himself at the Kogi State Police Command to answer the allegation levelled against him and stop joining issues with people who have nothing to do with the case at hand.”
Also when contacted, the Chief Press Secretary to Kogi State governor, Mrs Petra Onyegbule, described Melaye’s allegations as “mischief taken too far.”
She said the governor was too preoccupied about the issues of governance and how to make the state better than to be thinking about assassinating Dino as being alleged.

“To say the governor has an intention or any plan to assassinate him means that he has taken his mischief which he has been known for to another level,‎” she added.
Regardless of his letter, there is trouble on the mountain for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as Melaye, Bukola Saraki, the Senate President and Ben Murray Bruce, the senator representing Bayelsa East constituency, have all been declared wanted by the Abuja Police Command.

Source: http://www.dailyadvent.com/index.php/2018/10/16/danger-melaye-runs-to-president-buhari/
Re: Threat To Life: Melaye Runs To President Buhari by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 16, 2018
Most Nigerians will copy EU as if the Europeans care about Africans.

Even the US doesn't care anymore.

Dino please guard ur life at all cost instead of copying a body that won't even care.
How many people were murdered in the East since 2015, what did those people do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Threat To Life: Melaye Runs To President Buhari by modath(f): 10:22am On Oct 16, 2018
kingkakaone:
Most Nigerians will copy EU as if the Europeans care about Africans.

Even the US doesn't care anymore.

Dino please guard ur life at all cost instead of copying a body that won't even care.
How many people were murdered in the East since 2015, what did those people do?

Jamal Khasoogi that the Saudis "took care of" Trump himself hasn't done more than make noise for media show/grandstanding... There is nothing he will do to Saudi, he knows it, the whole too knows it..

P.S... before some of you decide to be unfortunate in my mentions (REPORT button still works & right from 12 AD, I've had no reservation or shame about "plessing" am), I'm not advocating any violence to anyone, Just reiterating that international politics is not as it seems....

These people don't care beyond their affairs/interest, if we like, we can all finish ourselves, as long as their own interest is not tampered with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Threat To Life: Melaye Runs To President Buhari by baliyubla: 10:23am On Oct 16, 2018
grin Dino the wise guy. Handing over his life to those that want him dead. More like giving the known thief in your house money to keep for you.

So Buhari and Bello, nothing must happen to the Distinguished SDM. Between, where in the world are security details of a serving Senator withdrawn, if not only in this vindictive government.

Re: Threat To Life: Melaye Runs To President Buhari by gen2briz(m): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2018
Yeye dey smell
Re: Threat To Life: Melaye Runs To President Buhari by Daviddson(m): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2018
Copying international organisations is OK by me, but including US, EU and the rest is what I don't understand. We must wean ourselves from self neocolonialism or else we'll keep being paupers and foot mats for the West. I'm waiting for the day US citizens will start writing at us to come to their aid against their government. grincheesy

2 Likes

Re: Threat To Life: Melaye Runs To President Buhari by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 16, 2018
modath:

Jamal Khasoogi that the Saudis "took care of" Trump himself hasn't done more than make noise for media show/grandstanding... There is nothing he will do to Saudi, he knows it, the whole too knows it..

P.S... before some of you decide to be unfortunate in my mentions (REPORT button still works & right from 12 AD, I've had no reservation or shame about "plessing" am), I'm not advocating any violence to anyone, Just reiterating that international politics is not as it seems....

These people don't care beyond their affairs/interest, if we like, we can all finish ourselves, as long as their own interest is not tampered with.
Trump that is helping Saudi Arabia to destroy Yemen so?
I like Trump but his friendship with the Saudi government is not ok. America cannot be fighting for human rights everywhere yet supporting a Saudi government that can go all out to destroy an opposing voice.

You are right about those people. They don't care about how we act operate, just that their interests should not be touched that is why I laugh when I see a so-called politician copying them.

1 Like

Re: Threat To Life: Melaye Runs To President Buhari by Daviddson(m): 10:44am On Oct 16, 2018
OK

(1) (Reply)

Ilorin Syndrome Aka Afonjatitis / Head To Head APC VS PDP / NEWS Kaduna Killings: El-rufai Under Fire Over Threat To Arrest Dr. Paul Enenche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.