Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund (22905 Views)

Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects / Atiku Abubakar In Senate Over Modibbo Adama University Of Technology Bill / Trouble In Senate Over Recruitment Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by tolexy007(m): 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
LordAdam:

You'd run mad by the end of this week if I'm not Igbo. Rephrase your sentence like a normal person and maybe I'd consider giving it a proper reply.

-Lord

no mind the idiot, any body that didn't support buhari is an Igbo to dem

2 Likes

Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by theoldpretender(m): 7:59pm On Oct 16, 2018
LordAdam:
modath, Keyamo et al will soon come and tell us that it is not subsidy, it is recovery. After claiming in 2015 that there is nothing like subsidy and cost of fuel should be N40.

That's how only two people (plus Mr Integrity) are sitting on top of 1.4 trillion naira annual expenditure with zero transparency. Money that isn't even inside the N8 trillion budget. If they are not stealing money, why are they covering it?

When Atiku wins, Baru will go on exile. Corrupt hypocrites.

-Lord

I don't know why you Nigerians keep on allwing yourselves to be decieved.

Yes, the government claimed subsidy was removed....except that they were STILL setting the prices.

If subsidy had been removed, the price setting would not have been in the hands of government....it would have been in the hands of the independent marketers.....meaning fuel would have been costing N200 per liter and above by now.

The thing is, the reason why APC is still payign subsidy, and why Atiku will still pay subsidy, and keep on paying it...is because Nigerians don't want high fuel prices. They would rather keep the subsidy corruption monster alive in return for low oil prices.

Some of you people even want Bubu to make it N87 per liter again.

So stop screaming about corruption....because you Nigerians dont want the solution. You want cheap fuel....so keep on paying for cheap fuel.

APC and PDP are just lying to us...and we are buying it because we hate the bitter truth. We need to deregulate...and we should have done so since 1992!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by gratiaeo(m): 8:01pm On Oct 16, 2018
If buhari said subsidy is a fraud what is he now paying
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by theoldpretender(m): 8:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
Racoon:

Subsidy under-recovery? Unaccounted funds not included in the budget Unimaginable corruption is still ongoing in the NNPC.Nigeria is doomed.Atiku/Obi.

So what do you want Atiku and Obi to do

Remove subsidy? (Which is the right thing to do by the way)

You don't want subsidy gone...and you know it. You may cry about Bubu spending billions on subsidy (like I do) but until I hear Atiku say that he is going to deregulate....I am going to assume that the status quo ante will remain under a PDP government.

You want to end this....then talk to your senator about DEREGULATION.
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by gratiaeo(m): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2018
theoldpretender:

Yes, the government claimed subsidy was removed....except that they were STILL setting the prices.

If subsidy had been removed, the price setting would not have been in the hands of government....it would have been in the hands of the independent marketers.....meaning fuel would have been costing N200 per liter and above by now.

The thing is, the reason why APC is still payign subsidy, and why Atiku will still pay subsidy, and keep on paying it...is because Nigerians don't want high fuel prices. They would rather keep the subsidy corruption monster alive in return for low oil prices.

So stop screaming about corruption....because you Nigerians dont want the solution. You want cheap fuel....so keep on paying for cheap fuel.

APC and PDP are just lying to us...and we are buying it because we hate the bitter truth. We need to deregulate...and we should have done so since 1992!
That is not what Buhari told Nigeria when he increased fuel price. We were told that subsidy have been removed

1 Like

Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by MallamJackson(m): 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
Racoon:

Subsidy under-recovery? Unaccounted funds not included in the budget Unimaginable corruption is still ongoing in the NNPC.Nigeria is doomed.Atiku/Obi.

Thats how some crop of incredibly gullible folks will keep deluding themselves on how intergrity avails in a superfluous propotion in their demi god of a president who is very well aware of these happenings as petroleum minister.

Shame!

1 Like

Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by eneyoduke(m): 8:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
All am saying is that Buhari has finished fighting corruption..He should step aside let Atiku fight poverty..

1 Like

Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by theoldpretender(m): 8:12pm On Oct 16, 2018
gratiaeo:

That is not what Buhari told Nigeria when he increased fuel price

Yes, it isn't because APC does not want to lose power.

When GEJ increased fuel price from N65 to N140 and then to N97...some people used that as their reason for voting himout.

The truth is, NO NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT WANTS TO REMOVE FUEL SUBSIDY COMPLETELY.

They would do partial removal, hope for things to get better....until the economy makes the new price limit unrelaitic.

Whereas if Bubu was remoiving subsidy completely.....it won't be NNPC controlling prices...it would be the marketers. And since most of the fuel we use in this country is imported (and even if it was not, the way we are going...most refining capacity in this country is going to be private)....prices will go up to N200 and above.

Meaning...what happened in 2012 would be child's play.There would be revolution....and they know it.

I've seen this game played several times since millitary rule...and even during civilian rule.

Better to keep subsidy , with all the attendant corruption in place...and with the way it shortchanges marketers and promotes massive job loss....than deregulation and possible revolution.

But the truth is, if I was head of state...I would deregulate...and watch as foreign investment flows in, and jobs are created...because that means that marketers would be making a profit. Problem is...benefits take time to manifest...and Nigerians aint patient.
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by beatmonster(m): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2018
Mr Integrity grin
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by Idecievedyou(m): 8:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ah...yeh...!!! O get mi..!!
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
There was a country where an illiterate President was also the Petroleum Minister and NNPC has strategic account that is run without the approval of the Legislatures.

This is extreme level of corruption. Why are they running the Petroleum sector like herdsmen business ?

2 Likes

Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by Ultraf: 8:40pm On Oct 16, 2018
front4line:

Why not wait for the report to come out before you Igbo start exhibiting the disdain bigotry n hate your forefathers are well renowned for.

You mean he should have left those Jonathan we’re paying billions to bring empty vessels ba ?
I mean are you Igbos cursed or what ?
One must have ask because I do not just understand.

I don't blame you Sai Bavarian of 97% vs 5%, baboons and dogs blood. You want to wait for a doctored report, while the Senate has already informed you that NNPC shied away from submitting their subsidies budget, you are a hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by Reference(m): 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2018
Under this structure corruption CAN NEVER END.

1 Like

Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by Chukazu: 8:55pm On Oct 16, 2018
APC crook Senators want to use fight to stop the investigation
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by Drekaz(m): 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2018
Even ur suya get sense pass U becos atleast e get oil.. Who oversees d Petroleum Ministry now??[/quote]

Person wey don use em brain roast fish??
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by engrjacuzzi: 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
PDPharmaceuticals release Atikumycin and Obikulyn drugs 2 be used 2 treat Buhalaria

2 Likes

Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by AtikuDeman: 9:14pm On Oct 16, 2018
Buhari fighting corruption my foot, Buhari is the most corrupt leader ever known to man
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by chisani(m): 9:15pm On Oct 16, 2018
This is Nigeria. Legality of illegality is the order of the day.I need a job in NNPC self so that I can stopped all the embezzlement of funds going on in that sacred sector.
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2018
Biafra resources had been stolen by the zoo executive and legislative criminals and been shared among their self acclaimed so called Southern and Biafraland Hausa Fulani political slaves.

May Chukwu Okike Abiama destroye the Nigeria the zoo completely.

With the Biafra referendum, Chukwu Okike Abiama will put Nigeria and her animals in human forms to shame very soon.
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by Lordave: 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
front4line:

Why not wait for the report to come out before you Igbo start exhibiting the disdain bigotry n hate your forefathers are well renowned for.

You mean he should have left those Jonathan we’re paying billions to bring empty vessels ba ?
You useless man, you think everyone who doesn’t worship your lifeless dog of a president is Igbo abi?

You’d be surprise your forefathers would resurrect on that day and vote for Atiku, billy goat.

1 Like

Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by AtikuDeman: 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2018
front4line:

Shut up, Buhari said he doesn't know what subsidy means yet increased fuel price times 2 and still continued subsidy payment. Why was the pump price increased and where's the money going to? Buhari is a hardened criminal, he should not just be returned back to daura but also thrown into jail. Atiku is the man
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by AtikuDeman: 9:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
post=72147551:
The thieves are back
Buhari is the number one thief, champion of all champions
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
theoldpretender:

See how these zoo lazy youths and their lazy criminals in power planning on how to use Biafra resources.

This Biafrans rain must reach everyone roofs at the appropriate time.

No referendum There will be No Nigeria.
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by thesolutions(m): 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2018
Nbote:
Hehehehe... Can someone please explain to me why we are still talking about subsidy under dis Govt?? Why is it even up for debate considering we were all told it was a scam and have been removed??

Dis ryt here proves d thieves in power simply sidelined those in d business of importing fuel and took over d business demselves while claiming to have put a stop to d same business of subsidy claims...
Exactly. The minister of Petroleum, Buhari and NNPC counterparts are the sole importer of petroleum products to avoid paying subsidy to marketers. They fixed the price of fuel at 145 naira when the actual cost was less than 40 naira per liter when the crude oil price fell to 38 dollar per barrel. Now the price of crude oil has skyrocketed to 80 dollar per barrel, we will start hearing of subsidy.
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by theoldpretender(m): 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2018
AtikuDeman:

Shut up, Buhari said he doesn't know what subsidy means yet increased fuel price times 2 and still continued subsidy payment. Why was the pump price increased and where's the money going to? Buhari is a hardened criminal, he should not just be returned back to daura but also thrown into jail. Atiku is the man

1.Pump price was increased because the landing cost of fuel had gone up to N132...and based on that, we could no longer afford to subsidze fuel at N87 per liter...hence the price increase.

(GEJ was having problems subsidising fuel when he was in power....that is why he wanted to icnrease fuel to N140 perliter. You will soon see why).

2.Right now the landing cost of fuel is N180 per liter....up from N132 PERliter. We pay a subsidy of N65 per liter to keep fuel prices low.

3.By the way...Dangote plus modular refineries won't save us...the owners have to make back their money...and N145 per liter does not catch it.

4.Back to no2....the fact is, government won't remove fuel subsidy. (And Atiku won't do so either ...nor would PDP)...for the simple reason that if they do so....they would be swept from power as fuel goes up to N200 per liter and beyond. There would be riots on the street.

5.So, government keeps the corrupt subsidy regimen because it is a big price to pay to keep fuel from going too high.

6.Compounding the matter...our oil revenues have fallen drastically...to the point that we have been taking loans to keep our head above water. Plus Bubu had to rebuild our savings from scratch....that is why we don't have enough money to keep fuel as low as N40PER LITER

7.I don't mind you voting for Atiku. But if Atiku does not end subsidies by allowing independent marketers to set prices...meaning allowing fuel to go up to N200 and above...without government intervention.......that proves that Atiku too wants to keep the corruption in place.resubsidy.

8.One more thing....why is there corruption in the subsidy regimen.

BECAUSE...it does not allow marketers of PMS to make profits. As a result theyresort to improting empty vessels and claiming that they have imported fuel. It is the only way they can make a decent profit.

The solution is simple. We have to remove subsides, allow independent marketers set their own prices....meaning NNPC won't have any reason to keep on paying subsidy...and a corruption sauce would end. But you Nigerians want cheap fuel....Atiku or Buhari in charge.
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by theoldpretender(m): 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2018
Jolar101:

See how these zoo lazy youths and their lazy criminals in power planning on how to use Biafra resources.

This Biafrans rain must reach everyone roofs at the appropriate time.

No referendum There will be No Nigeria.

Hmm...why are you going off point?

If you want a referendum...Ekweremadu has given you a blueprint....follow it.

And by the way, I don't know why you are calling me a lazy youth and an animal. I did not insult you. I made my point and even did not insult any government or tribe. Yet, you chose to insult me.

Please maintain decency here. We are not children here. This is an adult forum. Good evening.
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by theoldpretender(m): 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2018
thesolutions:

Exactly. The minister of Petroleum, Buhari and NNPC counterparts are the sole importer of petroleum products to avoid paying subsidy to marketers.

True because when Bubu took power, he inherited debts from the GEJ admin to the tune of billions of naira in unpaid subsidy claims. If GEJ could not afford to pay,....where was Bubu going to get the money to pay atlower oil price...?

(See why GEJ wanted to remove subsidy...even if partially in 2012....the signs were there).

They fixed the price of fuel at 145 naira when the actual cost was less than 40 naira per liter when the crude oil price fell to 38 dollar per barrel. Now the price of crude oil has skyrocketed to 80 dollar per barrel, we will start hearing of subsidy.

1.Can we have sone actual sources of this your information? I know APC lies....but when PDP lies...pot meet kettle.

2.Landing costs of fuel were at N132 by 2015...up from N95 in 2012.Add the fact that we import MOST of the fuel we use in this country...and you can see the problem.(And even if all our refineries got fixed...we would need to STILL IMPORT 30-70MILLION liters of fuel a day.)

3.We have been facing an oil shock since 2014...and our reserves were at a low of $32 bn when Bubu took over..and fell to $28bn by 2016 begining...plus the low oil prices...meant that we did not have the forex to buffer the naira...hence costs went up. Including the cost of impriting fuel...since we now needed more naira to buy one dollar.

4.What Bubu did in 2015...was partial removal of subsidy (It was not remoival of subsidy despite what APC spin docs want to tell you)....and as a result....things calmed down....but the landing costs of fuel increased.....to N180 per liter.

5.So subsidy has to go. We need oil at $140 per barrel to have a balanced budget. Oil is at $80 now. We don't have the resources. And even if Dangote comes on stream...Dangote still has loans to pay..so prices will be high.
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by Kayrich(m): 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2018
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by themanderon: 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2018
NNPC is like a cult. Nobody really knows anything that goes on in that organization except the thieves working there yet its supposed to be a government corporation.
Only if this government is thrown out will we know the magnitude of thievery they have done within a space of 4yrs.
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by Baselm: 10:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
a father's faith cannot save his son, neither can Buhari's anti corruption stance necessarily apply to all his appointees. what is needed is a stand against corruption and necessary actions when someone is found guilty. Nigeria is probably the most corrupt country in the world, so it will take more than 4 years of Buhari to put an end to it, but Someone needs to sTART, and subsequent administrations should develop it, if u say he's fighting a one sided war, when he leaves office, another person should probe his government.

When matters arise, I urge us to be issue based and not just make the typical cynical Nigerian remarks

1 Like

Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by thesolutions(m): 10:27pm On Oct 16, 2018
theoldpretender:

True because when Bubu took power, he inherited debts from the GEJ admin to the tune of billions of naira in unpaid subsidy claims. If GEJ could not afford to pay,....where was Bubu going to get the money to pay atlower oil price...?

(See why GEJ wanted to remove subsidy...even if partially in 2012....the signs were there).

GEJ wanted subsidy removed because fraud became prevalent. Marketers uses one product to collect 2-5 times subsidy on the same product because we couldn't tracks these products and the port officials were compromised. He had done his surveys and found out that the actual market price was far less and wanted to create avenue for competition so as to crash the price but he was blackmailed by both APC for political gain and marketers who were the fraudsters.

1.Can we have sone actual sources of this your information? I know APC lies....but when PDP lies...pot meet kettle.

2.Landing costs of fuel were at N132 by 2015...up from N95 in 2012.Add the fact that we import MOST of the fuel we use in this country...and you can see the problem.(And even if all our refineries got fixed...we would need to STILL IMPORT 30-70MILLION liters of fuel a day.)

3.We have been facing an oil shock since 2014...and our reserves were at a low of $32 bn when Bubu took over..and fell to $28bn by 2016 begining...plus the low oil prices...meant that we did not have the forex to buffer the naira...hence costs went up. Including the cost of impriting fuel...since we now needed more naira to buy one dollar.

4.What Bubu did in 2015...was partial removal of subsidy (It was not remoival of subsidy despite what APC spin docs want to tell you)....and as a result....things calmed down....but the landing costs of fuel increased.....to N180 per liter.

5.So subsidy has to go. We need oil at $140 per barrel to have a balanced budget. Oil is at $80 now. We don't have the resources. And even if Dangote comes on stream...Dangote still has loans to pay..so prices will be high.

When Buhari took over, it was reported that Nigerians were paying the federal government between 8-16 naira per liter of petrol. This is excluding the 8-16 naira per litre gain fixed for marketers. NNPC also came out to tell Nigerians that they have drastically reduced the cost of refining crude oil to bellow $20 per barrel. This also should affect the price but it didn't. I don't have to tell you sources to be statistically correct. The minister of petroleum has piled up for himself billions of dollars. I have idea what they are meant for.
Re: Drama In Senate Over $3.8bn Subsidy Fund by grandstar(m): 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
theoldpretender:
Hmmm

All this problem with subsidy will dissapear if DEREGULATION happens.

With deregulation, there would be no more free money for subsidy. The money can go into other things like education, railways,power etc.

More investment would flow into the Petroleum sector...and we can finally end the corruption monster in the NNPC.

But because Nigerians, including those who cry out about subsidy scam....DONT WANT TO PAY N200 and above per liter for PMS....we have to keep on feeding the corruption monster that is the NNPC subsidy game.

End this subsidy thing now.

That is the truth.

if Bihari had deregulated the price when oil prices were very low,this nonsense we are facing today wouldn't exist.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Raids Borno Village Of Foodstuffs Then Sets It Ablaze / Ize-Iyamu To Appear In Court Today Over N700 Million Fraud / Police Declare Bauchi Lawmaker, Yakubu Abdullahi Shehu Wanted (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.