Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Enyeama To Porto & Taiwo To Liverpool - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Enyeama To Porto & Taiwo To Liverpool (524 Views)

Chelsea Vs Porto UCL (2 - 0) On 9th December 2015 / FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 / Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enyeama To Porto & Taiwo To Liverpool by BOMANY: 11:24pm On Jul 14, 2010

Super Eagles goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, has declared his intention to leave Israeli club side, Hapoel Tel Aviv, with his preferred destination being Portuguese league outfit Porto.

The Super Eagles number one has been linked with a move away from Hapoel even while the World Cup was ongoing owing to his superlative displays between the sticks for the disappointing Nigerian team. The former Enyimba and Heartland skipper has been linked with a switch to a host of English and Spanish sides but only Portugal’s Porto have reportedly made their intentions known. Hapoel have however denied any approach for the Nigerian superstar by the former European champions, and Enyeama, who only rejoined the Israeli league champions last Sunday, has expressed dismay at the development. According to the Israeli-based news portal Walla.com, Enyeama recently informed the club’s management that he had received a four-year contract offer from Porto. Club officials however informed him that they were not officially informed by the Portuguese club of such an offer.

From good to bad

For the time being, I’ll be a good boy,” Enyeama said. “And when I’ll have to be a bad boy, I’ll know to do that as well. I hope that things will work out. Porto wants me and if Hapoel claims that there is no offer for me, they are lying. I want to be in Porto and I don’t know if I’ll be here next week,” added Enyeama who was left out of Tuesday night’s Champions League qualifying match against Bosnian side Zeljeznicar. The Israeli site also reported that Enyeama, who has made no secret of his desire to play in Europe, told his teammates that he was not yet ready to resume playing, although any involvement in the Champions League tie would have significantly reduced his chances of securing a move to any other side participating involve in any of Europe’s club competitions.

Liverpool joins Taiwo race

Meanwhile, Nigerian defender Taye Taiwo has also expressed a keen desire to join English Premier League side Tottenham. The left-back has two years left on his contract with the French champions, but wants to join the London based Spurs, who will be participating in this season’s Champions League, to boost his chances of regular first team football. Marseille are hoping to get as much as £8.5 million for Taiwo, and have already rejected a £4.2 million bid from Spanish side Atletico Madrid for the Nigeria international who was consistently kept out of the side by Argentina’s Gabriel Heinze in the second half of last season.

“If I stay in Marseille I want to play week in week out. I am a football player not someone to sit on the bench and get paid,” Taiwo said. “My ambition has always been to play at the top level. Spurs are a fantastic team in the best league. Atletico Madrid is a very good team as well in the Champions League, so I would be interested by those two teams. Marseille is my team at the moment and I have a contract with them, so let’s wait and see. In the next two weeks things might move on,” added Taiwo in an interview with Skysports.com. Tottenham are however not the only English side interested in securing Taiwo’s services as Liverpool’s new manager Roy Hodgson is keen on bringing him to Anfield. With Emiliano Insua looking all set to leave for Italy’s Fiorentina, the former Fulham boss sees Taiwo as the perfect replacement. But with Liverpool not taking part in this season’s Champions League it would be a straight choice for Taiwo between the more prestigious Liverpool or Champions League side Spurs.

(1) (Reply)

Adebayor Beats Up Kolo Toure! / Barcelona Rule Europe Again 'what A Beautiful Barcelona' / Strictly Bundesliga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.