Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,413 members, 7,954,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:56 AM

Hotel Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hotel Job (551 Views)

Golden Tulip Hotel Job Vacancies For House Keeper / Ugandan Hotel Job Advert: Indians & White Persons Are Preferred (Photo) / What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hotel Job by axeman2(m): 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2018
Please Nairalander I Need A Honest Answer Is It Right For A CHristian To Work In A Hotel?
Re: Hotel Job by PlsBanMe: 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
axeman2:
Please Nairalander I Need A Honest Answer Is It Right For A CHristian To Work In A Hotel?

I will answer your question with questions:

When you travel out of your place of residence to somewhere you have no family or friends to be there for a week, where do you stay as a Christian?

Another is where does an American pastor stay when he comes to Nigeria when he has no comfortable home or place to stay here?
Re: Hotel Job by Additives(m): 10:15pm On Oct 16, 2018
axeman2:
As what? Bar man? Accountant? Chef? Driver e. t. c. Working in an Hotel is NOT a sin as a Christian but performing a role that will disgrace or weaken your faith is. God will guide and see you through.
Re: Hotel Job by axeman2(m): 10:49pm On Oct 16, 2018
PlsBanMe:

I will answer your question with questions:

When you travel out of your place of residence to somewhere you have no family or friends to be there for a week, where do you stay as a Christian?

Another is where does an American pastor stay when he comes to Nigeria when he has no comfortable home or place to stay here?
what About Working On Sundays?
Re: Hotel Job by PlsBanMe: 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
Show me where the bible or Jesus said you should not work on Sundays.

"Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall work but on the seventh day you shall rest....."
The essence of the above quoted verse is for you to have a day of rest, since even the almighty father rested on the seventh day.

You shall have at least a day off from work in a week when you work in the hotel. That is your own sabbath day. Enjoy it.

If you are a medical doctor and you are to save the lives of accident victims on Sunday, will you rather save them or go to church to attend church service? If you work in the fire service, will you rather go to church or help put out a multi million naira building with human beings trapped in it? Will you be in the hotel to provide services to strangers who have no one to rely on or go to church?

If you don't want the job, simply leave it for other educated Christians who need work. Good day.

axeman2:
what About Working On Sundays?
Re: Hotel Job by PlsBanMe: 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
Even as a teacher, you may be attending church every now and then and be sexually molesting students. As an accountant, you may be a worker in the church and be stealing from your workplace. As an engineer working with Nigerian Brewery where beer is produced, you may not have time to attend church on Sunday but be a Godfearing man. You may be working where condoms are produced and be more Godfearing than your church pastor who may be secretly stealing from the church purse. It is not really about your workplace but more about your relationship with God.

Additives:

As what? Bar man? Accountant? Chef? Driver e. t. c. Working in an Hotel is NOT a sin as a Christian but performing a role that will disgrace or weaken your faith is. God will guide and see you through.

(1) (Reply)

Branch Manager Needed In Diamond Bank! / NLNG Industrial Training Application For SIWES Student / Nigerian Navy List Of Shortlisted Candidate For Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.