Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,192 members, 7,825,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content (9094 Views)

NLNG Train 7: Another Milestone In The History Of Nigeria’s Oil And Gas Industry / Saipem, Daewoo, Chiyoda Win $10bn NLNG Train 7 Project / $4.3bn NLNG Train 7 Yet To Take Off, 8 Months Gone Already (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by chidima2019: 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
Executive Secretary, Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB), Mr. Simbi Wabote says the planned 7 billion dollar Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) Limited Train 7 plant will be done in-country by mostly Nigerian companies.

Wabote disclosed this at a public workshop to discuss opportunities for the Nigerian content aspect of the NLNG Train 7 plant, in Abuja, on Tuesday.

He said the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) work must be in-country as part of effort to ensure local content drive in the country.

The workshop was organised by the NLNG.

He said the era of building such big projects in modules abroad and then shipped to Nigeria to be coupled, was over.

He explained the government would now assess such new projects with what had been achieved with the Egina Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) oil platform built by Total.

“I know how we insist on some of these local content requirements (from the international oil companies (IOCs). If you leave them alone, they will build this Train 7 in modules and then ship them from England or Netherlands and then take them straight to Bonny and couple them.

“ That is not going to happen. We are going to build the Train 7 in-country because we have the capacity.” He said

He further explained that the NCDMB was confident the NLNG Train 7 plant would come through, unlike some other oil and gas projects that have been in the pipeline for many years.

The NLNG, has been adjudged as one of Nigeria’s most successful corporate organisations.

“ It is a private limited liability company owned by the federal government, represented by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) with 49 per cent stake; Shell – 25.6 per cent; Total – 15 per cent and Eni – 10.4 per cent,’

Earlier, the NLNG’s Managing Director, Mr. Tony Attah, said that the company’s planned Train 7 project, which would increase production output of its plant by 35 per cent from 22 Million Tonnes Per Annum (MTPA) to 30 MTPA, will improve Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) into Nigeria.

He said 2019 would mark the company’s 30th year in existence and 20th year of operation as a global company.

Giving an overview of the Train 7 project, he said opportunities exist for in-country fabrication of pressure vessels, pipes, flare stack among others.

In the area of procurement of equipment and materials, the company said in-country opportunities exist for Nigerian companies to supply cement, fuel, lubricants and vehicles including earth moving equipment.

In construction, he said that opportunities exist in consulting services, installation, commissioning and inspection, testing and certification.

Attah said Nigerian companies could take advantage of opportunities to supply logistics including marine and air transport for thousands of workers than would be engaged when construction of the new train begins.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/10/nlng-train-7-fg-insists-on-local-content.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by qanda: 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2018
great

1 Like

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by Abdulhakeem78(m): 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2018
“I know how we insist on some of these local content requirements (from the international oil companies (IOCs). If you leave them alone, they will build this Train 7 in modules and then ship them from England or Netherlands and then take them straight to Bonny and couple them.

“ That is not going to happen. We are going to build the Train 7 in-country because we have the capacity.” He said

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by deepwater(f): 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2018
lol

1 Like

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by rusher14: 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2018
They'll soon be here.

Don't ask me who they are.

grin
Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by sureboykris(m): 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2018
We will..We shall.........promises ....naija.
Why do we always announce yet to be accomplished projects
Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by deepwater(f): 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2018
post=72151332:

U better stop this madness
No be buhari be wan sell NLNG that year?
And before you quote me, Yes! I am attending the three (3) days event at the Nicon Luxury Hotel, Abuja and this thing got nothing to do with BUHARI

Don't fidget bro, BMC can not take you that far undecided

Small small awusa bois wey no get email address they collect contract u dey here dey mumu ontop 30k

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2018
Naso....

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by bossvinqualad25(m): 9:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
If u are in need of durable and quality cars, u can count on me to give u d best ,check my signature for more details
Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:56pm On Oct 16, 2018
deepwater:

And before you quote me, Yes! I am attending the three (3) days event at the Nicon Luxury Hotel, Abuja and this thing got nothing to do with BUHARI

Small small awusa bois wey no get email address they collect contract u dey here dey mumu ontop 30k
Safe trip to Abuja.
Is dat all?!
God bless you too!
wink cheesy

See you there!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by KOLLYPROF(m): 9:56pm On Oct 16, 2018
This is good
Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by forgiveness: 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2018
Sai Buhari! grin
Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by divinehand2003(m): 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2018
Abeg go sleep

Here goes another promise again dear Nairalanders. Before you scream sai Baba, the news reads NLNG Train 7 WILL BE DONE............

When shall it commence?

What happened to all other Promises?

Say no to any INCONCLUSIVE PROMISES.

Let's ATIKULATE TOGETHER TO MAKE PROJECT NIGERIA MOVE FORWARD ONCE MORE.

1 Like

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by lloyds(m): 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2018
Can someone summarize this for me. .

I can't go tru this epistle.
Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 16, 2018
rusher14:
They'll soon be here.

Don't ask me who they are.

grin
Baba pikin we are here already .....
And we are sending bubu and all is ignorant supporters back to daura angry

1 Like

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by pakingzzzz: 9:59pm On Oct 16, 2018
FG at it

1 Like

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by Sleekfingers: 10:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
No problem.....

Buhari my president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by rusher14: 10:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
Jesse25:

Baba pikin we are here already .....
And we are sending bubu and all is ignorant supporters back to daura angry

Buhari won 2003, 2007, 2011 and 2015 elections.

As soon as the PVC was introduced his mandate was secured.

North West, South West, Most of North East and some of South South and Buhari would be announced as president.

This time next year, your moniker would be disabled.

3 Likes

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by NotBeenPaid: 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2018
post=72151332:

Just imagine allowing a lady(Drinkwater) to scold you because you've failed to be rational! You're so disgusting!

1 Like

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by lashout1: 10:19pm On Oct 16, 2018
These guys deriving orgasm about this news should do their homework on who initiated NCDMB.

Toads.
Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by omoniomoade(f): 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2018
Hipocrite government, always insisting on local content for IOCs but they couldn't do same for Dangote project where expatriates are doing virtually everything including drivers,anyways continue, 2019 is almost here.

2 Likes

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by rusher14: 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
omoniomoade:
Hipocrite government, always insisting on local content for IOCs but they couldn't do same for Dangote project where expatriates are doing virtually everything including drivers,anyways continue, 2019 is almost here.

Which kain lie be this again?

1 Like

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by Feraz(m): 10:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
deepwater:

Hi deepwater!

Do you do PMs? If yes, can I send you one? If no, I do understand but still wish to send you one.

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.
Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by yrex01(m): 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
GOD BLESS NIGERIA �� GOD BLESS MR PRESIDENT !!
Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by SocialJustice: 12:09am On Oct 17, 2018
Nice development. If there is capacity locally to handle this then it should be done locally.
deepwater:

Know your worth, do not mingle with societal scum in the name of proving a point. I can show you a very old account here that does not even bother to comment but comes here daily. Do not give people who are not even qualified to do your laundry the opportunity to insult you online.
Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by NothingDoMe: 2:20am On Oct 17, 2018
SocialJustice:
Nice development. If there is capacity locally to handle this then it should be done locally.
Exactly. If you see rubbish in some of these industries in the name of local content.
Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by Mac2016(m): 4:08am On Oct 17, 2018
Best news on NL in months!
Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by nengibo: 5:36am On Oct 17, 2018
Local content is when bulk of the employees are from the locality which is Bonny kingdom and Rivers state at large not bringing people from Lagos and kaduna to fill majority of the positions

1 Like

Re: NLNG Train 7: FG Insists On Local Content by mamaafrik(m): 6:26am On Oct 17, 2018
let Nigerian engineering companies too start moving their pawns and queens.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. / Ngwa People Will Never Support IPOB / Gombe CAN Extols Pantami, Describes Him As A Son in Congratulatory Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.