Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) (10658 Views)

Teenager Accuses Policeman Of Raping Her, Friend In Port Harcourt, Recorded It / Man Accuses Policeman Of Collecting N20k From Him After Accusing Him Of Yahoo / Man Accuses Policeman Of Extorting N40,000 From Him With Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by memez: 3:46am On Oct 17, 2018
A Lagos politician, Abayomi Sofumade, has demanded justice for allegedly being shot in the leg by a policeman in the Itunpate area of Ikorodu, Lagos State.

Abayomi, aka Bush, who had been admitted to a hospital since the incident occurred on Monday, October 8, 2018, said the bullet broke his left leg.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Abayomi, who was a former Special Adviser on Information and Strategy to the Ikorodu Local Government Area, said he was about leaving for his house around 8pm after visiting his mother at Itunpate when the incident happened.

The 36-year-old said he had advised eight policemen arguing with a motorcyclist by the roadside to take the matter to their station when one of the policemen allegedly shot him.

The Lagos State indigene said, “I was about entering my car after visiting my mother when a policeman that I know sighted me and greeted me. Not far from him, I noticed some policemen arguing with a motorcyclist. I moved closer and asked them what happened. I was told that the motorcyclist broke the windscreen of a policeman’s car.

“I saw eight policemen arguing with him; I advised them to go to the police station to settle their differences. As I made to leave, one of the policemen shot me. I tried to grab one of the cops but they ran away. If not for some people and my brother who took me to a hospital, I would have bled to death.”

The politician said the policeman who allegedly shot him and others were from Igbogbo Police Station adding that the Divisional Police Officer of the station, who visited him, said the officers were on illegal patrol.

He said, “When the DPO and DCO of the Igbogbo Police Station came to visit me; they said they were at the station the night the incident happened and that they did not hear anything about it. They also said they were not aware that the policemen went out, and that the patrol was illegal.

“I can identify all the policemen; I want the government to intervene and punish the erring cop. The bullet broke my leg and they had to put POP. I am not sure if I can walk normally again.”

Abayomi’s brother, Femi Sofunmade, said when he heard the commotion outside the family house, he did not know that his brother who had been shot was the reason.

The 30-year-old said, “We did not know what was going on and never thought he (Abayomi) would still be around. It was later that some neighbours rushed in to tell us that my brother had been shot.

“I rushed outside and met him in a pool of blood. The policemen took off immediately they shot him.”

Abayomi’s mother, Modinat Sofumade, said the policeman who allegedly shot her son denied it when she visited the station to lodge a complaint.

The 75-year-old said, “When I got to the station on the night of the incident, I saw the policemen involved and confronted them. They quickly drove out of the station. The officers I met at the counter around 9pm said the DPO was not around. I went back there the following day around 8am.

“When I saw the DPO, he ordered an officer to call those involved; the officers denied shooting my son. The one who shot him said he was at his church the night the incident happened. He lied; in fact, I want justice so that other trigger-happy policeman will learn.”

Abayomi’s elder brother, Yomi Shofumade, said the family had spent a lot of money on medical bills, adding that the DPO of Igbogbo Police Station, who promised to foot the medical bills of his brother, failed.

“It is clear that the men were on illegal duty. The policemen have been begging us; they even promised to pay the bills charged by the hospital, but they have yet to do anything,” the 50-year-old said.

When our correspondent visited the hospital, the doctor who attended to Abayomi, confirmed that he had a fracture in the leg.

The doctor who declined identification, said, “He has a fracture of about four centimeters deep. But the X-ray conducted on the leg showed that there is no bullet residue inside.

“People said there was gunshot; but it is not the bullet that caused the fracture he sustained. It could, however, be secondary because the gunshot could trigger a reaction that caused the fracture. It should take a week or two weeks for the wound to heal but the POP would remain for three months because the fracture is deep.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Chike Oti, said there was no gunshot.

He explained that Abayomi, who was a victim of circumstance, had wanted to make peace between the police and some motorcyclists before he sustained the injury.

He said, “What happened was that a policeman who was on his way to work passed where some motorcyclists were. One of the motorcyclists stoned his car and shattered the windscreen. The policeman chased the motorcyclist and eventually caught up with him. The policeman was alone and other motorcyclists came to rescue their man from him.

“The policeman feared that they were about to mob him, so he called the station and some policemen arrived at the scene.

“There was a shouting match between the policemen and the motorcyclists. So when the politician saw them, he came there to make peace because he knows the policemen.

“However, the stick that these violent motorcyclists wanted to use on the policemen landed on the politician’s leg and he fell into the gutter.

“There was no gunshot because the policemen were not armed and they had no reason to shoot him because he was there to make peace. They did not even shoot the motorcyclist that broke the windscreen of the car.

“The accusation has no logic. However, the Commissioner of Police has ordered a thorough investigation into the matter.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/politician-accuses-policeman-of-shooting-breaking-his-leg/amp/

1 Share

Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by memez: 3:46am On Oct 17, 2018
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by axcerin: 3:58am On Oct 17, 2018
Hmm
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by Nobody: 4:32am On Oct 17, 2018
which kind of yeye politician be dis

1 Like

Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by BigbamoAYO(m): 5:21am On Oct 17, 2018
Politician wey no dine with JAGABAN na kpakooooo
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by queensera(f): 8:40am On Oct 17, 2018
BigbamoAYO:
Politician wey no dine with JAGABAN na kpakooooo
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by Wasky101: 8:42am On Oct 17, 2018
Sorry

1 Like

Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by AutoSpaNg: 8:42am On Oct 17, 2018
kljhgfd
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by maxiuc(m): 8:43am On Oct 17, 2018
angry

Politician what happened to your bulletproof Prado Jeep

Abi are you all those local government politicians

Oga politician sorry oooo
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by itiswellandwell: 8:44am On Oct 17, 2018
Take heart. That's part of what the ordinary citizens experience as well. Wish you quick recovery
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by timilehin007(m): 8:45am On Oct 17, 2018
Am not understanding..are u sure it wasn't the other leg that was shot..

2 Likes

Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by coolhamid(m): 8:47am On Oct 17, 2018
He is trying to be a peacemaker and he got shot.
Moral of the story, always mind your own business.

2 Likes

Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by Ogaga87(m): 8:47am On Oct 17, 2018
Sorry bro.. but you for leave police with their business na... This one na over sabi... May the touch light of my enemy never find me even in the darkest place

1 Like

Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by hisexcellency34: 8:50am On Oct 17, 2018
Politicians get levels. This one na jeun jeun politician
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by ajayiopy: 8:51am On Oct 17, 2018
THIS GUY CAN NOT EVEN AFFORD GOOD MEDICAL SERVICE smiley
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by mrkings84(m): 8:55am On Oct 17, 2018
Lagos is apc and apc is crime!

1 Like

Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by Ebukamatth(m): 9:05am On Oct 17, 2018
ok. goodluck with your justice
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by OBAGADAFFI: 9:11am On Oct 17, 2018
timilehin007:
Am not understanding..are u sure it wasn't the other leg that was shot..

Was wondering too shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by Hoodbilonia: 9:16am On Oct 17, 2018
minding my business keeps me alive
if u luke let your tyre burn
fire burn ya house
i dnt gif a fuc
i open my gate and i'm out.
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 17, 2018
Which leg did he shoot...cos I yam not understanding the pisure
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by WetinConsignMe: 9:38am On Oct 17, 2018
In 9ja when you say "politician" people immediately think "THIEF"
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by ipobarethieves: 9:46am On Oct 17, 2018
sad When u see those criminals deu argue,beta use ur 6 senses not 5.
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by AmazingELixir: 9:46am On Oct 17, 2018
grin grin grin

Police can Lie for Africa see twisting of story...

"...He said, “What happened was that a policeman who was on his way to work passed where some motorcyclists were. One of the motorcyclists stoned his car and shattered the windscreen. The policeman chased the motorcyclist and eventually caught up with him. The policeman was alone and other motorcyclists came to rescue their man from him.

“The policeman feared that they were about to mob him, so he called the station and some policemen arrived at the scene. (police men arrived the scene of alleged mob action without arms)

“There was a shouting match between the policemen and the motorcyclists. So when the politician saw them, he came there to make peace because he knows the policemen.

“However, the stick that these violent motorcyclists wanted to use on the policemen landed on the politician’s leg and he fell into the gutter. (and yet the policemen ran away after the stick from the alleged irate mob landed of the victim's leg grin)

“There was no gunshot because the policemen were not armed and they had no reason to shoot him because he was there to make peace. They did not even shoot the motorcyclist that broke the windscreen of the car. ( A motorcyclist just decided to break a police windscreen without provocation...)

“The accusation has no logic. However, the Commissioner of Police has ordered a thorough investigation into the matter...'( The supposed shooter even denied being there...was even in church according to him grin)

Hades awaits the author of this script... grin grin
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by Arthurity1(m): 10:15am On Oct 17, 2018
Why complain? Why not just sue for damages?
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by mechanics(m): 12:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
In such a situation involving police officers, if i were him, i would have mind my business, now his good deed has put him into a life threatening injury.
Re: Abayomi Sofumade Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg (Photo) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2018
Anywhere you are in the world, be it Lagos, Lukasa or Los Angels, if you find yourself in the company of police officers please make haste to leave.

Violence is in their training.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Gathering Intel On Nigerians Indicted In US – Magu / After Dropped ₦‎20 Billion Trial, EFCC Again Tries To Indict Kogi / Pictures Of Uniport Students Burnt Alive For Stealing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.