Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn (4923 Views)

Jim Ovia Earns N1.52 Billion As Top Bank Chiefs Earn N2.3bn In Interim Dividend / Chevron Rakes In $3.7bn Net Income, $14.8bn Annual Earnings In 2018 / Julius Berger Recorded A Growth Of 2.08% & 29.5% In Revenue & Net Income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by 10Ebisco: 6:53am On Oct 17, 2018
Delta Air Lines has reported financial results for the September quarter 2018 with GAAP pre-tax income of $1.7 billion, net income of $1.3 billion and earnings per diluted share of $1.91 on record revenue of $12.0 billion. Returning $566 million to shareholders through dividends and share repurchases, the airline also indicated September quarter 2018 adjusted pre-tax income of $1.6 billion, adjusted net income of $1.2 billion and adjusted earnings per diluted share of $1.80 The report released recently showed adjusted pre-tax income for the September quarter 2018 was $1.6 billion, and adjusted earnings per share were $1.80, at the high end of guidance. Adjusted earnings per share were up 16 percent compared to the prior year quarter, driven by revenue momentum, tax reform benefits and a four percent lower share count.
Results reflect a $30 million negative impact from Hurricane Florence. Commenting, Ed Bastian, Delta’s chief executive officer said “our solid eight percent revenue growth, combined with flat non-fuel unit cost performance, helped offset 85 percent of the $655 million fuel cost increase in the quarter. These achievements are a testament to the strength of the Delta business model and the hard work of the Delta people, and I am pleased to recognize their performance with an additional $395 million toward 2018 profit sharing.

“Our commercial momentum and improved cost trajectory give us confidence that we are on a path to deliver continued top-line growth and expand margins as we move into 2019,’’ Bastian added.
On Revenue Environment, Delta’s adjusted operating revenue of $11.8 billion for the September quarter improved eight percent, or $912 million versus the prior year. This quarterly revenue result marks a record for the company, driven by improvements across Delta’s business, including a nearly 20 percent increase in premium product ticket revenues and double-digit percentage increases in cargo, loyalty and Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul revenue.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/delta-airlines-makes-net-income-of-13bn.html

2 Likes

Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Facidio: 7:05am On Oct 17, 2018
that's good news..... a Nigeria company can hardly share such good news..... only negative news.
and am ftc for the ist time.... please what's the benefits....

4 Likes

Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Nwaohafia1: 7:05am On Oct 17, 2018
Good one. Please is Arik Air and Aero (fixed wings) still in existence?
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Sikay19(m): 7:05am On Oct 17, 2018
shocked

Glo network na bastard, walahi undecided

1 Like

Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by edidiongmichael(m): 7:05am On Oct 17, 2018
None of the industries initiated by deacon Udom Emmanuel, Governor of Akwa Ibom State has ever generated 1kobo before, yet some idiots are yelling "Mr Industrialization" "Udom 2019". This nonsense should stop please.....

5 Likes

Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by damifrost: 7:05am On Oct 17, 2018
ok
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Abdul3391(m): 7:10am On Oct 17, 2018
People are just getting rich oo
And we are here
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by SarcasticGenius(m): 7:11am On Oct 17, 2018
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:11am On Oct 17, 2018
wow
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by moonraker(m): 7:12am On Oct 17, 2018
Of course they will make a killing.

I bet part of their success comes from the high ticket prices, they charge on their LOS route. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by mixta140: 7:13am On Oct 17, 2018
Don't know airliners make this much ... damn ... make I go buy plane sharply
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Schuffeadv23: 7:15am On Oct 17, 2018
Facidio:
that's good news..... a Nigeria company can hardly share such good news..... only negative news.

Send your account number to seun. He pays 5k for every FTC

2 Likes

Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by SimplePlan34: 7:15am On Oct 17, 2018
To think that this company almost went bankrupt during the global financial meltdown and now posting such amazing profit numbers is nothing short of amazing.
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Splasshhh(f): 7:18am On Oct 17, 2018
grin
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Ooduavoice: 7:18am On Oct 17, 2018
and where is buharis nigerian air pls?
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Facidio: 7:39am On Oct 17, 2018
Schuffeadv23:

Send your account number to seun. He pays 5k for every FTC

thanks but how do I send the account number to him?
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Revolva(m): 7:47am On Oct 17, 2018
Facidio:

Delta airline is an American airline company ok....na wa for you....
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Atk1nson(m): 7:55am On Oct 17, 2018
Is the mode high on something, this isn't even a Nigerian company. Delta airline is one of the largest US carriers.

I doubt if Arik and Air Peace which are probably the most visible airlines can post numbers this good

1 Like

Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Facidio: 8:06am On Oct 17, 2018
Revolva:

Delta airline is an American airline company ok....na wa for you....

dumb moto that don't understand written sentences. did you see anywhere there I said its a Nigerian company?

2 Likes

Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Pekele007: 8:29am On Oct 17, 2018
edidiongmichael:
None of the industries initiated by deacon Udom Emmanuel, Governor of Akwa Ibom State has ever generated 1kobo before, yet some idiots are yelling "Mr Industrialization" "Udom 2019". This nonsense should stop please.....

Delta airline isn't owned by Delta state o.

It's a US carrier olodo

1 Like

Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by chloride6: 8:35am On Oct 17, 2018
grin grin grin

OP and mod deserve cane.

Delta Airlines is not even remotely Nigerian.
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by edidiongmichael(m): 9:00am On Oct 17, 2018
Pekele007:

Delta airline isn't owned by Delta state o.

It's a US carrier olodo

Sorry senior olodo, I was talking about Akwa Ibom State
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Pekele007: 9:10am On Oct 17, 2018
edidiongmichael:

Sorry senior olodo, I was talking about Akwa Ibom State
baba olodo, why then are you comparing Akwa ibom with a US national carrier?

1 Like

Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by ogundeleai(m): 9:28am On Oct 17, 2018
Not a suprise,,,, its only airline with direct flights from lagos to Atlanta.... Likewise its also most reliable airline along America to Popular Asia countries... All in all, it's also one out of 3 airline, after BA, KLM that hardly about the misarp on air transportation
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by edidiongmichael(m): 9:54am On Oct 17, 2018
Pekele007:

baba olodo, why then are you comparing Akwa ibom with a US national carrier?

Ebot, I'm sure you don't know what comparison means. Go and highlight where you feel I compared Akwa Ibom with an US national carrier...
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by PurestBoy(m): 10:39am On Oct 17, 2018
Few years ago pre-Buhari govt when business was booming and dollar rate fair, that airline used to be my uncle and his family carrier whenever they're going to US, but since over 2 years now, na to search for cheapest airline even if it's 10 stop-overs whenever they want to travel.
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Pekele007: 10:48am On Oct 17, 2018
edidiongmichael:

Ebot, I'm sure you don't know what comparison means. Go and highlight where you feel I compared Akwa Ibom with an US national carrier...
shut up your dirty mouth.

what brought about Akwa ibom in a thread concerning Delta airlines

I know you dumb brain interpreted it as Delta state airline grin ozwor
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Schuffeadv23: 3:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
Facidio:

thanks but how do I send the account number to him?
Seun is a man of honour, he will contact you later today.
Re: Delta Airlines Makes Net Income Of $1.3bn by Revolva(m): 10:20am On Oct 18, 2018
Facidio:

dumb moto that don't understand written sentences. did you see anywhere there I said its a Nigerian company?

you were insisting it delta state airline....from the way you commented

(1) (Reply)

Can One Be 'Comfortable' Without Being Rich? / Start Your Own Vending Business With Coconut Water Kiosk / Struggling To Make Money Online? FREE 30 Min. Phone Consultation That Might Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.