Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise. (659 Views)

Vacancies At Peace Group / My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise / Paystack Recruitment Exercise 2018, Lets Connect Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise. by LeoFish92(m): 9:38am On Oct 17, 2018
So Peace group (owners of Peace Mass Transit) advertised for the position of Executive Trainee.
I applied and we had our Exam/interview yesterday in the conference hall of a hotel in Enugu.

I arrived there and saw a mammoth crowd of over 300 hopeful applicants.

The first stage of elimination was basic computer test. Applicants were called one after the other, and each would climb the podium /stage, sit in front of a laptop and do something there (at that time I knew not what they were doing there) but I realised most people were sent home immediately as it was a fail and go home exercise. Only a handful succeeded.

I was terrified, what could it be that made people fail en masse, I knew it wouldn't be programming, nay, that would be too extreme and unfair.

I bid my time and waited patiently, at last, I was called up. Petrified, I went up, sat, stared into the laptop, Lo and behold, it was Ms Word.

The question? Type in your name and save it !
That was what an overwhelming majority of our graduates who want white collar jobs couldn't get right.

Granted, tension might have played a sinister role in some people's failure, as I too was a bit tensed up when I was typing, but, that not withstanding, it was very shameful seeing graduates disqualified because of simple Microsoft Word, not Even Excel, MS WORD!!.

At last, about 80 of us scaled through and went to the next round where we wrote the ''written test''.
It was an Accounting question filled with Gross and Net income calculations. In the end, and because there was no time for the oral interview, they chose the best 30 from the test and employed them, including yours sincerely.

I've heard over the years that Nigerian youths are unemployable, I never wanted to believe that because I felt that assertion was hyperbolic at best, but with what I saw yesterday, I'm beginning to think, Could it really be true that most of our youths are indeed unemployable?

I'm not writing this to pass judgment, nay, I want us to realise - if we have not, that computers are taking over, the world is going global and if you don't have knowledge of one, you might be left in a desert of despair.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise. by JonnyConnection: 9:49am On Oct 17, 2018
Yes, they are unemployable. You have a phone with you, simple research they cant carry out! Simple letter they cant write, you need to see some cover letters and Cvs ad you will marvel. How you write on your cv that you pay attention to details but you cv has many spelling mistakes smh.

Meanwhile! I go like send my products through peace mass, I get customers for Enugu, How much be delivery?
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise. by LeoFish92(m): 10:31am On Oct 17, 2018
JonnyConnection:
Yes, they are unemployable. You have a phone with you, simple research they cant carry out! Simple letter they cant write, you need to see some cover letters and Cvs ad you will marvel. How you write on your cv that you pay attention to details but you cv has many spelling mistakes smh.

Meanwhile! I go like send my products through peace mass, I get customers for Enugu, How much be delivery?

I don't really know, you can visit the nearest Peace Park and make enquiries.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise. by FatherCHRISTMAS: 7:52am On Oct 30, 2019
LeoFish92:

I don't really know, you can visit the nearest Peace Park and make enquiries.
hi please do you still have the email you used in applying for the job Peace group of Companies? Can you share
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise. by LeoFish92(m): 8:09am On Oct 30, 2019
FatherCHRISTMAS:
hi please do you still have the email you used in applying for the job Peace group of Companies? Can you share

You mean my personal email or the company mail?
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise. by FatherCHRISTMAS: 9:05am On Oct 30, 2019
LeoFish92:

You mean my personal email or the company mail?
the company
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise. by LeoFish92(m): 11:15am On Oct 30, 2019
FatherCHRISTMAS:
the company

We submitted our Credentials directly at their Hq.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise. by FatherCHRISTMAS: 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
LeoFish92:

We submitted our Credentials directly at their Hq.

OK thanks

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy At AIGE Limited / Job Opportunity / Public Relations Jobs/Vacancies In Lagos, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.