Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Did You Go To A Nigerian School? Read This - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Did You Go To A Nigerian School? Read This (630 Views)

Please, Everybody Should Read This Letter / Nigerian School Tales...part II / Read This If You Want To Have A Good Laugh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Did You Go To A Nigerian School? Read This by Theix9: 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2018
I could ask anyone reading this, what was the original plan? And you'll hear something like this; when I was younger I wanted to become an astronaut and go to space and yen yen yen. Who didn't have that astronaut dream at one point in their lives, well......
Here we are, definitely not astronauts (if you are one, congratulations).

After the astronaut dream reality dawned on us, and we knew for sure that was an ever living fallacy. A new format started coming up fast. It usually sounds something like this "when I'm done with secondary school, I'll enter the university immediately and graduate,(some would include masters degree and PhD), get a job, get married, get kids and then live happily ever after". I'm sure it sounded something close to this for almost everyone (at least from where I come from, Nigeria). It was never our fault then, it was the product of some default hard wiring that was imprinted in our brains that that was the way it's supposed to go (if you had a different mentality as a Nigerian kid, you don't know how lucky you are).

The growing up process still followed the normal format, the mentality that we already have kept subconsciously leading our lives and well, what could we do? We couldn't even tell if it was entirely correct or even wrong.
The set dream would always feature a university degree and maybe a mentor in the field you wanna major in (you remember reading gifted hands and wanted to be a neurosurgeon? Them wole Soyinka people? Or the ones that wanted to be writers when they heard of Chinua Achebe's Nobel prize in literature?). It was normal then and even beyond normal, it was everything, it was the set dream.

enjoy the complete write up at https://www.theix9.com/2018/10/students-creed-I-the-set-dream.html

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Your Pastor Part Five ( Mark Angel Comedy ) (episode 197) / Nigerian Policeman Falls Off From Patrol Vehicle / Splendid Cartoon - Mad Over You (episode 4) [comedy Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.