Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes (14658 Views)

Bayern Munich Eliminate Chelsea From The Champions League With 7-1 Aggregate / Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack / Even Messi Will Struggle At Manchester United - Paul Scholes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by jaxxy(m): 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2018
Off and on striker, his problem is fitness
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by deebsman1(m): 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
January Man U should just go for Kane or a more better strike. There's no truth than what Uncle Paul scholes said.

Amaka disappoint me
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by Sirpaul(m): 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
becareful
Calculux95:
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by tallskinnyperv(m): 3:45pm On Oct 17, 2018
Sirheny007:

Did you say Torres??
torres was fire before hamstring injuries curtailed him bro..

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by tallskinnyperv(m): 3:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
sheylarhh:

Lukaku was also hot in Everton
thats not a top club na...torres was hot in liverpool and atletico madrid

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by speedyGonzales: 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
I get where he is coming from the guy is not as prolific as man utd's previous player and the is just him, when in the past united had at-least 3 separate very good strikers
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by Adakintroy: 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
Sometimes I get a sense that even top footballers are naive snd unaware of the changes that have been taking place in the footballing ecosystem.

United did not loose it's place to bad managment on there part. Rather they were upstage by richer clubs. However, United like the Milan of Italy still like to believe they are the biggest team out there. Yes! They use to be.

United was great at a time were little clubs could not afford what they could. They would buy from the length and breath of the country.

They had sherigam, solkjear, Cole and york. They could pull put 30m for a leeds defender like Ferdinand while preparing another bid for Everton wonder kid. Rooney.

How times have changed on them. Mancity, chelsea, arsenal, Liverpool and totheham are all in the mix and non is willing to sell. The competition is stiff.

What people don't understand enough is that when you buy the best players from immediate opposition. Two things take place simultaneously. You don't only strengthen your team, you weaken your opposition.

Tottenham have learned that lesson. They refuse to be a selling club. Now they are the better for it. Playing in the Champions League back to back. New stadium and not just an "also ran" but a genuine title contender.

I don't know what united have to do to get back to the summit. But I do hope and pray for their fans sake to get things right quick.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by maxiuc(m): 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
No more Ferguson to intimidate fa and referees

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by pat077: 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
It's not a lie
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by bluefilm: 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
Again, Paul Scholes got it correct.

Minus his huge frame which he uses to bully defenders occasionally, Lukaku is not just it.

In fact, watching him play sometimes for Manchester United, I am tempted to call him big-for-nothing.
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by bluefilm: 4:35pm On Oct 17, 2018
Adakintroy:
Sometimes I get a sense that even top footballers are naive snd unaware of the changes that have been taking place in the footballing ecosystem.

United did not loose it's place to bad managment on there part. Rather they were upstage by richer clubs. However, United like the Milan of Italy still like to believe they are the biggest team out there. Yes! They use to be.

United was great at a time were little clubs could not afford what they could. They would buy from the length and breath of the country.

They had sherigam, solkjear, Cole and york. They could pull put 30m for a leeds defender like Ferdinand while preparing another bid for Everton wonder kid. Rooney.

How times have changed on them. Mancity, chelsea, arsenal, Liverpool and totheham are all in the mix and non is willing to sell. The competition is stiff.

What people don't understand enough is that when you buy the best players from immediate opposition. Two things take place simultaneously. You don't only strengthen your team, you weaken your opposition.

Tottenham have learned that lesson. They refuse to be a selling club. Now they are the better for it. Playing in the Champions League back to back. New stadium and not just an "also ran" but a genuine title contender.

I don't know what united have to do to get back to the summit. But I do hope and pray for their fans sake to get things right quick.

Guy what are you trying to say?

Look eh, if it comes to financial muscle, Manchester United is still pretty much up there!!!

So I don't think the current problem the club is facing is mainly as a result of inability to recruit new players.

I think it all boils down to Jose and his techniques.
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by tabisegroup(m): 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
Some of us knew this long ago. Lukaku is not in the class of strikers that can give a top team an edge. He is not in the league of Henry, Drogba, Aguero, Etoo, Lewandowski, Torres, Cavani and co.

I don't know what Jose saw in him.

May be he saw is big boobz grin
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by Adakintroy: 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
bluefilm:

Guy what are you trying to say?

Look eh, if it comes to financial muscle, Manchester United is still pretty much up there!!!

So I don't think the current problem the club is facing is mainly as a result of inability to recruit new players.

I think it all boils down to Jose and his techniques.

Boils down to Jose how? Are you looking at your competition at all or you still think the premiership revolves around you alone. Morhino stI'll plays football the way morhino still plays. The only thing is that many of you fail to see that other teams have gotten stronger. They have better managers. In what universe will Guardiola be coaching a man city. Mancity!.. Noisy neighbour's! In what world will Mancity be forking out 60, 70 Million for players. Eh?

In what world will man city be favourite to sign a top player ahead of united? The footballing ecosystem has change. Find a new evolutionary tactics or end up like a ac. Milan.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by Otsam(m): 6:08pm On Oct 17, 2018
Sportdab:
Manchester United Legend Paul Scholes has revealed he doubts if the club can win the Premier League with Romelu Lukaku as their lead striker.

Since his move from Everton to Manchester United in 2017, Lukaku has scored 20 goals in 44 matches for the club.

He has scored only four goals this season for United but his last was on September 15.

grin

He’s since gone six games without scoring for his club but he did score twice for Belgium against Switzerland in the UEFA Nations League last week.

This weekend, Lukaku will face his former club Chelsea at Stamford Bridge with United in need of three points to keep up with the title race.

But Scholes doesn't believe Lukaku has enough quality to lead United To their first title since 2013.

“I’m just not sure you are ever going to win the league with a goal scorer like him,” he told ESPN.

“I don't think his play outside of the box is good enough.

“I’m not sure if he works hard enough but he's still a young man who has done welland scored a lot of goals.

“He's quick and strong, but Lukaku is one of many United players who look like they're short of confidence.

“I don't think he realises how good he can be, but he needs help because who else can play centre-forward at United now?"

When it was suggested Anthony Martial or Marcus Rashford could play up front, Scholes added: “Maybe, but they look like wingers. And they're getting slagged off by the manager.

“We had four centre-forwards -- [Andy] Cole, Teddy [Sheringham], Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer] and [Dwight] Yorke -- and when they through bad spells, which every footballer does, someone else waswaiting to come in.

“That helped their performances because they knew that if they didn't perform then they would be taken off.

“Maybe Lukaku needs that, too.”

Source:>>MySportDab.com
https://www.mysportdab.com/2018/10/manchester-united-will-not-win-premier.html

Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by asha80(m): 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2018
speedyGonzales:
I get where he is coming from the guy is not as prolific as man utd's previous player and the is just him, when in the past united had at-least 3 separate very good strikers
at a time andy cole,yorke,solskjaer and sherringham

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by Codes151(m): 6:51pm On Oct 17, 2018
Calculux95:
Lukaku is the least of United problems, he has improved since joining the club esp compared to how he was initially.
Man U need wingers and major defense training.

FTC
1st time since 2014 grin grin
hes giving us short one! Rather martial takes his place! Coming in to add to the team
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by Excallibur(m): 6:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
bedspread:
I'll love to see Scholes coach!!

That was how Gary Neville was talking n talking until he was given the Valencia Manager Job!!

He then Understood that there is A difference bet Egbe' and Egbe!
You dey mind all these so called english legends even sol campbell

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by asha80(m): 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
Adakintroy:

Boils down to Jose how? Are you looking at your competition at all or you still think the premiership revolves around you alone. Morhino stI'll plays football the way morhino still plays. The only thing is that many of you fail to see that other teams have gotten stronger. They have better managers. In what universe will Guardiola be coaching a man city. Mancity!.. Noisy neighbour's! In what world will Mancity be forking out 60, 70 Million for players. Eh?

In what world will man city be favourite to sign a top player ahead of united? The footballing ecosystem has change. Find a new evolutionary tactics or end up like a ac. Milan.

quite some younger people now watching footie do not seem to realize that just 15 years ago milan was a big club feared in europe
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by KingPapaya: 7:02pm On Oct 17, 2018
Calculux95:
Lukaku is the least of United problems, he has improved since joining the club esp compared to how he was initially.

FTC

Has improved how?
The guy is now far worse. They should offload him abeg.
And many other united players.
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by wolexter(m): 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
Once again Paul Scholes was spot on. Mourïnho is d chief cause of hís own downfall @ man u. How on earth can a manager, seriously desirous of winning build his squad around 1 centre forward only and without competition? And with that person being oga Luku makes d situation even more complicated.
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by dbynonetwork: 9:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
Calculux95:

FTC

I agree with Paul scholars...

Lukaku is the worst striker I have ever seen wearing the United jersey.... He is not fit to be a United striker... Go and check the records of players who played as a top striker for man Utd, they were all ruthless..
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by dbynonetwork: 9:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
Calculux95:

FTC

I agree with Paul scholes..

Lukaku is the worst striker I have ever seen wearing the United jersey.... He is not fit to be a United striker... Go and check the records of players who played as a top striker for man Utd, they were all ruthless..
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by Smarkie: 10:08pm On Oct 17, 2018
he would had said man utd can't win the league under mourinho
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by vroy(m): 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2018
Calculux95:

FTC
lukaku's first touch alone has cost Man Utd more goals this season.
The only area he has improve na his work rate
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by vroy(m): 10:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
tallskinnyperv:
thats not a top club na...torres was hot in liverpool and atletico madrid
Are u saying Liverpool n athletico no be big club?
Btwn Chelsea n Liverpool which one big pass?
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by delkuf(m): 7:34am On Oct 18, 2018
neezar:
True
First touch....bad
Can't use his body to bully defenders
If he's not scoring....He's nowhere to be found
you know lukaku finish
Re: Manchester United Can't Win The Premier League With Romelu Lukaku - Paul Scholes by vislabraye(m): 8:28am On Oct 18, 2018
bedspread:
I'll love to see Scholes coach!!

That was how Gary Neville was talking n talking until he was given the Valencia Manager Job!!

He then Understood that there is A difference bet Egbe' and Egbe!

Lolz.. Well Scholes can talk about players cos he was once a footballer and he did very well. However, he can't say much about coaching.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Set To Return To Super Eagles / Learn How To Make Deposit On Your Merrybet Online Account With Atm Card / AMCON: We’re In Court With Kanu Over Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.