Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker (5790 Views)

PMB Flagged-off Validation Exercise Of Africa Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) / FG Begins Verification Exercise For Employees / FG Extends Phase Two Of Eased Lockdown By One Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by 11Ebiscoo: 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2018
The federal government has extended the ongoing verification exercise of Nigeria Airways Limited former workers and assured that the exercise will not end until everybody is captured.

The Minister of Finance, Mrs Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed, stated this on Wednesday during her visit for on the spot assessment of the exercise across the three centres. She said additional desk has been made available to address all complaints. The centres are located in Kano, Enugu and Lagos.

The Minister, who was represented by the secretary, Presidential Initiative on Continuous Audit (PICA), Dr Mohammed Dikwa, appealed to all participants to be patient with the officials until they are all attended to.

According to Dr Dikwa, over 6000 former staff of the liquidated Nigeria Airways Limited spread across the three centres will be attended to during the period of the exercise. He added that 40% will be attended to in Kano centre while 50% and 10% will be attended to in Lagos and Enugu centres respectively.

“We are here on behalf of the honourable minister of finance, Hajia Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed, based on the directive of His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari, to release the entitlements of ex-workers of Nigeria Airways Limited (liquidation). I convey first and foremost the greetings of the honourable minister to you.”

He said, “We are very much aware at the federal level of the suffering you people have undergone over the years. It is as a result of this the Mr President forced the Honourable Minister to immediately release funds for the ex-workers of the Nigerians Airways Limited.

“Now the funds are ready, what is left for us to do here is to conduct that verification exercise, which started on Monday. Let me inform you that the verification exercise will continue until such a time that each and everyone that is entitled is captured. I want you to be patient and orderly so that you get verified and get your entitlements latest by next week.

“Also for many of you who were omitted, we will address it squarely and make sure that all those who are entitled and admitted are verified and paid their entitlements. On this note we are going to dedicate additional desk for you to go and lay your complains, put down your details and as soon as the team report back to Abuja next week we will address the matter with dispatch.

“And for those who are deceased and are also omitted be assured that your entitlements will be paid. We are going to look into the records and be sure that you are entitled and once that is ascertained, you will be paid.”

Others with Dr Dikwa, who also was the leader of the delegation to the three centres where the exercise is taking simultaneously include, the special advisers on media and communications to the honourable minister of finance, Mr Paul Ella Abechi, special adviser on ICT to the honourable minister of finance, Mr Abubakar Aruwa and others.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/fg-extends-verification-exercise-of-nal.html

2 Likes

Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by MVLOX(m): 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
nice 1..... For 1st time ever am FTC wat i couldnt do with an andriod phone I did with a common nokia x2-02... make i go throw backy .... I dey come ooo...lol

1 Like

Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by ademoladeji(m): 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
This is a nice development but 2019 is Buhari’s year of Atikulated Daura

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by itskings: 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2018
k
Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by Hafsy666: 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2018
Nice one
Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by atobs4real(m): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2018
Good one. My father in-law is also a beneficiary

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by qanda: 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ok
Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by ednut1(m): 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2018
Buhari handlers really making it hard for Atiku grin. Nice one tho, better late than never. there are still many people out there without their benefits after Atiku supervised privatisation e go better grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by slawomir: 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
isoright
Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by Muritino(m): 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2018
God bless FG

1 Like

Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by forgiveness: 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2018
There shall be no atikulation of fraud in Aso Rock. Sai Buhari! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by MumZee1010(f): 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2018
Congratulations, pls give pure water
Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by supereagle(m): 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2018
Do we have a new minister for finance? It seems she is from the North.
Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by san316(m): 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
I am just happy for those getting paid. Politics aside, it hurts not to get paid for a job you have done. Atleast they can smile again

1 Like

Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by Harwoyeez(m): 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ex Nitel staffs have been paid their pensions after about 12 years. Good job from the fg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by ozo13(m): 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2018
2019 campaign is going to b interesting
1 party sold the national asset with out paying the staff what was due to them and another party is jus doing that.that's a check mate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by chisani(m): 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2018
Good development and goodnews. Kudos to the FG and Buhari led administration. Its can only get better. God bless Nigeria.
Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by mceze(m): 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2018
Scammer! You won those huge amounts and you are asking for peanuts..You Will die a miserable death.
Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by leisuretym: 4:52pm On Oct 17, 2018
jail northerners, leave our son alone! Hausa jailing Yoruba's, killed Awolowo, killed Abiola, it will not be well with the evil from the north killing our people.
Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by jomoh: 4:58pm On Oct 17, 2018
Nice development

Reminds me of daddy showkey’s song

Somebody(obj/Atiku) da ile ru, somebody(PMB) tun ile se.
Re: FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker by humblespirit: 4:58pm On Oct 17, 2018
They LL campaign & win on nairaland & internet generally but as d Lord liveth we LL not hear their voice by Feb16, 2019 because buhari would be declared winner & Ipob protest LL start again.
God bless my pple in Northwest &, Southwest , Northeast,Some part in North Central,
Twenty somethingAPC governors.
Up Apc
They go hear am.
Noise maker pple.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Election: INEC Extends The Time Of Closing Of Polls To 4:00pm / Tijjani Umar Lauds The Achievements Of The Federal Fire Service / Who Is An Indigene Of Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.