Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! (2459 Views)

Naij.com Is The Highest Adsense Earner In Nigeria. Who Else Agrees? / Naij Mail Service To End On 1st Jan 2018 / Meet The Non Nigerian Owners Of Naij And Jiji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2018
The popular nigeria-focused news outlet, Naij.com has rebranded to Legit.ng, which is the third name change in a row, haven previously been renamed Naija.ng.

According to the company, the new name change is supposed to reflect its authority as legitimate news outlet and its fundamental principle to share the story as the number one media brand.

Source: https://www.legit.ng/1198754-naij-upgrades-legitng.html
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2018
They had set the date of October 17 for a major upgrade in an earlier post, was expecting a redesign but boom another name change! I wonder who is really chasing after them? grin
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by zeanslim(m): 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2018
questechie:
They had set the date of October 17 for a major upgrade in an earlier post, was expecting a redesign but boom another name change! I wonder who is really chasing after them? grin

Google lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 18, 2018
zeanslim:

Google lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I doubt if that's really the case! undecided
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by tuhamworld: 7:27am On Oct 18, 2018
Third time they change name

Issorite

Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by directonpc(m): 7:49am On Oct 18, 2018
no be their fault. them number 1 source of traffic na ads sef
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by econo88(m): 11:00am On Oct 18, 2018
what is the main and real reason?
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:02am On Oct 18, 2018
The beginning of their downfall
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 18, 2018
Kelvin30286063:
The beginning of their downfall
I don't think so, with their deep pocket, they'd always get away with it. grin
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by nairalandfreak(m): 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
They probably changed because of adsense ban on their domain
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2018
questechie:

I don't think so, with their deep pocket, they'd always get away with it. grin
You're right though
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by fastseo: 7:27pm On Oct 18, 2018
it has to do with adsense or something closer.. the naij is far better than naija now to legit... it's not ordinary
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 19, 2018
fastseo:
it has to do with adsense or something closer.. the naij is far better than naija now to legit... it's not ordinary
Yeah! I agree with you.
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by bedfordng(m): 12:07pm On Oct 19, 2018
hmmm
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by sibyl21: 5:21pm On Oct 22, 2018
Hello everyone,
I’m representing Legit.ng (former NAIJ.com). Let me reveal the reasons for the upgrade from our side cheesy.
I want to reassure you we don’t have any bans or AdSense problems. The upgrade was pre-planned, we worked on its preparation for some period: developed new design materials, improved website look, feel and performance smiley.
If we did an upgrade because of the ban, we wouldn’t be able to notify the audience of the upcoming changes. Although, we announced the upgrade in a teaser campaign: https://www.legit.ng/1197070-a-big-upgrade-naij-coming-october-17.html#1197070. Moreover, the website address change won’t help if the domain got banned in the AdSense.
The primary purpose for the upgrade from NAIJ.com to Legit.ng was to overcome our name pronunciation difficulties and avoid confusion done by Naija/Naij names.
I hope I managed to make it clear there are no hidden motives to change the name wink.
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by Nobody: 5:18am On Oct 23, 2018
sibyl21:
Hello everyone,
I’m representing Legit.ng (former NAIJ.com). Let me reveal the reasons for the upgrade from our side cheesy.
I want to reassure you we don’t have any bans or AdSense problems. The upgrade was pre-planned, we worked on its preparation for some period: developed new design materials, improved website look, feel and performance smiley.
If we did an upgrade because of the ban, we wouldn’t be able to notify the audience of the upcoming changes. Although, we announced the upgrade in a teaser campaign: https://www.legit.ng/1197070-a-big-upgrade-naij-coming-october-17.html#1197070. Moreover, the website address change won’t help if the domain got banned in the AdSense.
The primary purpose for the upgrade from NAIJ.com to Legit.ng was to overcome our name pronunciation difficulties and avoid confusion done by Naija/Naij names.
I hope I managed to make it clear there are no hidden motives to change the name wink.
Noted! But talking about easy pronunciation, I think Naija.ng remains the best option. That's just my opinion, you own your business, so decides what's best for it. cool
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by zeanslim(m): 6:37am On Oct 23, 2018
sibyl21:
Hello everyone,

confusion ? when a simple website redirect would have been used, and more awareness. instead a full rebranding ? did you smell that fish ... :x
Re: Naij.com Name Changes, From Naija.ng To Legit.ng Now! by emillionaire: 12:22pm On Oct 23, 2018
sibyl21:
Hello everyone,

Sharp bro, please is the opening at naij am a pro blogger and will want to work for naij

Revert bro

(1) (Reply)

Zero To Hero: My $0.00 To $1000 Journey Freelancing / How To Connect Flash To Php/jsp Urgent / Is Web4africa Reliable For Web Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.