Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Declare State Of Emergency In The Educational Sector In Nigeria. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Declare State Of Emergency In The Educational Sector In Nigeria. (304 Views)

Adamu: I Failed As A Minister For Not Solving Challenges In Educational Sector / ASUU To Oyo, Osun: Declare State Of Emergency On LAUTECH / FG To Declare State Of Emergency In Education Sector In April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Declare State Of Emergency In The Educational Sector In Nigeria. by TruthinAction: 11:41pm On Oct 17, 2018
I think it's time to give serious attention to Education in Nigeria if we must preserve the future of our country. It is an understatement to say that most of our Nigeria schools are not what they used to be.

Imagine a situation where SS students in some of our secondary school can't even solve simple mathematics questions that involves addition and subtraction.

In addition, a basic six student can't read even two letter words.

Even the teachers are not left out.

Examination malpractice is now a normal practice that is no longer seen as a criminal offense.

Most secondary school leavers can't write simple application letters.

I have also seen university graduates who struggle to read.

Government should please declare a state of emergency and restore the standard of education in Nigeria.
Re: Declare State Of Emergency In The Educational Sector In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 17, 2018
What you ask of government, especially this one led by Buhari, is like trying to put on gold jewelry on swines.
Re: Declare State Of Emergency In The Educational Sector In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 18, 2018
TruthinAction:
I think it's time to give serious attention to Education in Nigeria if we must preserve the future of our country. It is an understatement to say that most of our Nigeria schools are not what they used to be.

Imagine a situation where SS students in some of our secondary school can't even solve simple mathematics questions that involves addition and subtraction.

In addition, a basic six student can't read even two letter words.

Even the teachers are not left out.

Examination malpractice is now a normal practice that is no longer seen as a criminal offense.

Most secondary school leavers can't write simple application letters.

I have also seen university graduates who struggle to read.

Government should please declare a state of emergency and restore the standard of education in Nigeria.

The birth of private universities by corrupt pastors and politicians sounded the death knell for Nigerian education sector. It works well for the politicians and pastors if the people stay uneducated and unenlightened.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"African Poetry" Competition: An Invitation To Tender / Live For Yourself, Never For Others / African Industrial Internet Program(aiip) 2019 For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.