Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,972 members, 7,956,632 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:56 PM

Resign Your Senate Positions Now - Akpabio Tells Saraki, Others - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Resign Your Senate Positions Now - Akpabio Tells Saraki, Others (292 Views)

Resign Instead Of Arresting Sunday Igboho, Nnamdi Kanu Warns Oyo CP, Ngozi / You Are Not Above The Law, Efcc Tells Saraki / Linda Nkechi Igwetu: Senate Takes Action On Death Of Corper Killed By Policeman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Resign Your Senate Positions Now - Akpabio Tells Saraki, Others by soliuwap(m): 2:05am On Oct 18, 2018
- Senator Godswill Akpabio has told Senate president Bukola Saraki to resign from his current position in the upper chamber

- He also challenged other senators who defected from one party to another to quit their leadership position

- The former Akwa Ibom state governor asked Saraki to take a cue from his example and step down as Senate president

Former minority leader of the Senate, Senator Godswill Akpabio, has challenged Senate president Bukola Saraki and other senators who defected from one party to another to quit their leadership positions in the chamber.

The Punch reports that Akpabio, who defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC), challenged other defectors to imitate him with his resignation as minority leader after leaving the opposition party.
The former Akwa Ibom state governor asked Saraki to take a cue from his example and step down as Senate president.

He said that it is on record that he tendered his resignation letter as minority leader when he defected from the PDP to APC.

He noted that in all sphere of endeavours as well as in democratic setting, “the majority must always preside over the minority.”

He added that while the minority should have its say, the majority should have its way for the peace to prevail.

The Senate, he insisted, must be properly constituted while senators must sit according to political parties in the chamber.

According to him, “You cannot have 10 senators presiding over the affairs of 80 senators and expect peace to reign.”

Akpabio said: “On the other side, having me move from the PDP to the APC, I think it is a jolly good movement and I am excited that I have a much greater opportunity to relate directly with the government and not my voice to be heard from a partisan point of view.

“Being part of the ruling party now, whatever advice or contributions I will make will not be looked at with suspicion. They will now know that I am saying it from a patriotic point of view and for the fact that I want things to work better.

“I moved in national interest. I saw a kind of slight towards disorder, where many of my colleagues saw defection as a weapon against the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
read more: http://edoblog.ml/?p=105
Re: Resign Your Senate Positions Now - Akpabio Tells Saraki, Others by WetinConsignMe: 2:11am On Oct 18, 2018
I smell him
Re: Resign Your Senate Positions Now - Akpabio Tells Saraki, Others by profeazy: 2:49am On Oct 18, 2018
You are gradually sinking into political oblivion. Matk my words.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Indian Guru Given Life Sentence Over Murder Case. / El-rufai Imposes 24-hour Curfew As Kaduna Burns / Some Idps Are Scamming Ngos And Living Large On The Profit – Twitter User Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.