Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,653 members, 7,823,851 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike (28192 Views)

Abuja Private School Owners Reject Wike’s Fee Hike / LAUTECH Students Sign Out In Style After Their Final Exams / LAUTECH Students Involved In Motor Accident, 2 Students Confirmed Dead (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2018
Jaqenhghar:
The irony is tomorrow the same soldiers will be complaining of hike in university education for their children.

Thought you and your family studied abroad. Hahaha
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by jayworld15(m): 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2018
theoldpretender:

Thanks for calling me names. That's nice.

Well

1.Oil under GEJ was between $94-130 from 2010-14....not $75.
2.Oil started falling when GEJ was in power...from June 2014...to $75 by May 2015 when Bubu took over. It then fell to an all timelow of $30 by Feb 2016...and then slowly went up to $81 now.
3.Reason why fuel was lower under GEJ....value of the naira, plus the fact that we had enough forex to buffer the naira then due to the high oil prices.
4.Landing price of oil was N92 by 2012....and it went up to N132 by 2015...which is why Bubu increased fuel prices. It is now N180 per liter.(We import most of the fuel we use in this country...and that would be the fact if we kept all our refineries in peak working conditions).
5.Anyway, my point is....an economy that relies on the oil price is a bad economy. What we need to do is get off oil.....which is the point of my rebuttal to you. I am not here to praise or disparge GEJ orBubu. The fact is, we are running a monoeconomy, and it is a vulnerable economy.

I am not into PDP or APC.....sorry.

Do you know how to calculate average outcome of something?
Really you look dumb
Check the price of crude oil in 2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014, add them together and divide by the total number of those years( that is for GEJ) while do the same for Buhari from 2015-2018 ( pls, before doing that check OPEC for facts)

Oil price sources here
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2018
i don't know wat dis country is turning to.
Imagine ,how can someone be so heartless like that, all this tetiary institution is what we struggle for , at end you will make it difficult for us to achieve what we have suffer for.

May the ancestor continue to punish those that is behind this.

@the end you will now bring out that stupid book known as 1999 constitution and be feeding us a lie that sovereignty belong to the people.
U never find joy in your life.
No money
no food
increase in skul fees
no good road
electricity is bad
and we are claiming the giant of africa
giant of africa my ass
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by KoeChz(m): 2:06pm On Oct 18, 2018
MrPolitics:
The new hike should be for new students and not existing ones. If current undergraduates are subject to it then that's wicked
the new tuition is too much even for new students. 250k, I'll rather take my kids to private uni paying 650k wc as already included feeding, accommodation, handout, internet service and miscellaneous.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by oluwaflames7(m): 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
why will they protest? if they can't pay they should get the fvck out.

your head is incorrect.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by dosuu: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
protest is the right thing to do in a democratic system
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Ogaga87(m): 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:

Your mama toto gave the wrong dick a chance that why you can spill this rubbish..
Buhari descendant wen miss road....
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Dman00(m): 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
Abi kofe da fun were eleyi ni. You are mad
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by doshe39(m): 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
can your generation afford that fee per session..fool
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Ausbalo: 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:

U Need To Cage

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Ausbalo: 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:

U Need To be Cage
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Tenn88: 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
Remijuice:

May God Have Mercy On You!
why should God have mercy on him? undecided
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by springtech(m): 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:

Are you for real?
This you just spew this trash?

Are you are most of these students have parents whose salary is less than or just around the minimum wage.
Going to school for most of them is just a miracle.

There are families where, the attendance of higher institution is based on mutual understanding and sacrifice.
Understanding and sacrifice in the sense that some siblings will accept to stay at home or at best work while one of them goes to school.
And the one going to school will pledge to take care of the rest once he gets out of school and secures a job.

This is not fairy tale, it is what I know.

Guy may God forgive you for spewing this out ignorantly.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by MrPolitics: 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
KoeChz:
the new tuition is too much even for new students. 250k, I'll rather take my kids to private uni paying 650k wc as already included feeding, accommodation, handout, internet service and miscellaneous.

True sef. And Lautech has no hostels. People rent rooms for as much as 120k a year and without feeding
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by spencerJ(m): 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
eluquenson:
Nigeria, full of drama and jokes
that your country nah
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by theoldpretender(m): 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
[quote author=jayworld15 post=72199664][/quote]

Good afternoon
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by spencerJ(m): 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2018
akunna105:
Winning is my right, 100% grantee call now or whatsapp to confirm .
your number please
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by koolaid87: 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
Just turn the school into cyber cafe

I see a lot of potential hushpuppies
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Mayor555(m): 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:

My thoughts exactly.

Dictate policy with your money.

Simply get your transcripts and go to an affordable institution. The expensive school will have a rethink when they loose students.

Waylaying and interfering with commerce and travel is not the way.

Good afternoon sir, I quite disagree with your view.
This is Nigeria, your view is almost impossible..
To get the transcript problem, to get accepted in another institution, most serious problem. Infact, I've not seen or heard one changing institution in Nigeria.
It can only happen with a serious reason and strong connection, not a mere hike in fees.

My take, let new intakes begin with the new fee.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by edmaraja: 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2018
This one na aregbe final gift to the state before e go commot grin
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
Mayor555:

Good afternoon sir, I quite disagree with your view.
This is Nigeria, your view is almost impossible..
To get the transcript problem, to get accepted in another institution, most serious problem. Infact, I've not seen or heard one changing institution in Nigeria.
It can only happen with a serious reason and strong connection, not a mere hike in fees.

My take, let new intakes begin with the new fee.

That's okay. To disagree it's acceptable but it makes my opinion no less valid.

People change institutions all the time in Nigeria.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Mayor555(m): 3:15pm On Oct 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:

That's okay. To disagree it's acceptable but it makes my opinion no less valid.

People change institutions all the time in Nigeria.

Your point is very valid sir, but not a popular one and cannot be easily achieved.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2018
Mayor555:

Your point is very valid sir, but not a popular one and cannot be easily achieved.

Excellent. I’m not into popularity by practicality.

Much better than students constituting nuisance in society by blocking roads and subjecting themselves to harm by armed forces.

I feel sorry more for the parents. We were all youths once.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Jaqenhghar: 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
Wisdomval67:

Thought you and your family studied abroad. Hahaha
I dont know where you read that one O

Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by vinceobe: 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2018
OH GOD. YOU SEE HOW APC GOVERNMENT IS RUINING US. HOW YOU CAN INCREASE SCHOOL FEES FROM N63,000 TO N200,000 IN ONE FULL SWOOP AND EXPECT NO REACTION. NOW, HOW MANY PARENTS CAN PAY THIS EXORBITANT FEES. THE CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA SAYS EDUCATION SHOULD BE FREE. FEDERAL GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO CHARGE TUITION FEES. SO THE INCREASE IS A COMPLETE VIOLATION OF THE CONSTITUTION AND ULTRA VIRES, NULL AND OF NO EFFECT. NOW SOLDIERS ARE BEING USED TO QUELL AND REPRESS ALL OPPOSITIONS TO THE ILLEGAL INCREASE. SOLDERS GO TO SAMBISA FOREST AND EFFECT THE RELEASE OF OUR CHIBOK GIRLS INCLUDING LEAR SHARIBU AND LEAVE HAPLESS STUDENTS TO DO THEIR PEACEFUL PROTEST.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Mayor555(m): 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Excellent. I’m not into popularity by practicality.

Much better than students constituting nuisance in society by blocking roads and subjecting themselves to harm by armed forces.

I feel sorry more for the parents. We were all youths once.

Nigeria will heal.
But sir, are you saying protest is a bad idea?
The society/community needs to feel it, so it will get to the appropriate quarters.. ..and most importantly, the protest has to hit at least a nerve, so has to bring result. This is Nigeria sir.
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:

Well said by an Illiterate. Mumu
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Redhot111(m): 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
I hate idiots
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by afamaustin(m): 4:12pm On Oct 18, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
as if u can pay if na u
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
Mayor555:

Nigeria will heal.
But sir, are you saying protest is a bad idea?
The society/community needs to feel it, so it will get to the appropriate quarters.. ..and most importantly, the protest has to hit at least a nerve, so has to bring result. This is Nigeria sir.

I've been hearing that since I was in Ibadan Grammar School when Olunloyo thugs will beat us students at Molete cheesy

Protest by disrupting commerce and free travel is illegal. I wouldn't have shed a tear if law enforcement used lethal weapons.

Citizens need to stop disrupting society based on selfish reasons. There are legal process that are available.

#ThinkGhandi - yes I know, it's not Nigeria wink
Re: Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2018
University Education in this Country is a waste of time and money. Get your basic education in a proper secondary school, where you will be taught the basics you need to survive then if you have 200k every year, open a business when you are a success then proceed to a Uni.

My 2Cents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pre-degree A.b.u Zaria Remedial Programme. time for discussion / Meet 18-Year-Old Daniel Obaji, The Youngest Graduate In NYU Abu Dhabi / Unizik 2011/2012 Admission Statue Is Out On Www.jamb.org.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.