Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,590 members, 7,958,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:45 AM

Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin (18796 Views)

Kidnapped Ex-President Jonathan's Cousin, Mike Ogiasa Begs For Life (Video) / Buhari Returns To Abuja With “Special Assignment’’ From World Body / I Want EFCC To Release My $40m Jewellery, Gold Iphone – Diezani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by niyidenrele: 1:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
The Cousin to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Robert Aziboala, on Wednesday admitted that he received the sum of $40million from the former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col Sambo Dasuki (rtd) to carry out special “assignment” given to him by the former NSA.

Aziboala, while being led in evidence in chief by his counsel, Goddy Uche (SAN), said when the assignment was given to him, he opened an account with his two companies, Darkata, One-Plus Holding Ltd Reserved account, were the $40 million was released by the NNPC on the directive of the former NSA.

“If the $40 million was not meant for an assignment, I would have returned it back because I have ample of integrity in me” Aziboala told Justice Nnamdi Dimgba of the Federal High Court, Abuja.

He explained that between 2007 and 2008, a former NSA, late General Andrew Azazi was well conversant with his activities in Niger Delta.

“General Azazi approached me and asked if there was any assistance I could offer in a bid to curb militancy, oil bunkering, spillage, kidnapping etc in the Niger Delta.

“I held several discussions with General Azazi, and incidentally, in 2010, Goodluck Jonathan took over as President and appointed him the NSA. Azazi asked if there was anything I could do in respect of the oil spillage, bunkering and other clandestine activities going on in the Niger Delta, and I said yes.

“I took risk and went into the creeks to help Nigeria checkmate the issue of oil spillage, pipeline vandalism, oil bunkering etc.

“If you go to the Niger Delta, illegal refineries known as (Kpo-Fire) are littered everywhere and I had the responsibility to discuss with those involved in the illegal refineries to back down and engage in better and genuine businesses.

“By 2013, the challenge of pipeline blow out, oil spillage, bunkering, Kpo-Fire etc escalated”, he said and recalled that during one of the presidential media chats in 2013, President Jonathan spent 10 minutes of one hour interview to speak on illegal oil mining in the Niger Delta and its dire consequences to Nigerians.

“As part of his hand over, General AzazI told the NSA, Col Sambo Dasuki (rtd) of my assistance in reducing some of the vices in the Niger Delta.

“In Nigeria today, any security personnel posted to the region, suddenly becomes rich and owns a car. The problems in the Niger Delta lingered because those in charge of security who held several meetings with President Jonathan on how to solve the problems had no solution.

“So, Dasuki intervened and asked me to help because nobody does oil bunkering in this country without involving Niger Delta people.

“After interfacing with Dasuki, a civil response to oil bunkering was adopted as a strategy, and I am sure, it was in 2013 that the former NSA started looking for resources to tackle the challenge.

“It was for this reason that the then NSA released through NNPC, 1 billion Dollars to provide scientific way of tackling oil theft in the Niger Delta”.

He said two main contracts were awarded for this purpose to two different Israeli companies, Rony Dueke and Yuvil Levi.

“They got the contract from the money released by NNPC. Rony Dueke is building a command and control centre in Abuja, a project that monitors the entire Niger Delta.

“While the Israelis are building the command centre based on a substatantive contract, Dasuki asked me to take resources and assist in the interim by going to the Niger Delta to water the grounds.

“We requested and got a letter to that effect, and demanded for 10 percent total amount for the assignment, which was given. We did the assignment diligently and in all honesty, from our interventions, Nigeria saved 300,000 barrels of oil per day.

“We have payment vouchers and documents used in executing the assignment by paying those involved in the nefarious activities and urging them to desist from such unpatriotic act”, he said.

According to the defendant, the assignment was to last for 6 months and he could not present the report to Dasuki because he was too busy trying to confront the challenges posed by Boko Haram and the 2015 general elections.

“We would have preferred that the fund given to us for the assignment in Niger Delta was in Dollars because we had challenges converting into Naira from the 40 million Dollars transferred into our account.

“For the assignment, Darkata One-Plus Reserve account was opened, besides, Darkata alone has over 40 accounts while One-Plus has about 15 bank accounts.

Meanwhile, with the agreement of counsel, the trial has been adjourned to December 4, 5, 6 and 7 for continuation of Aziboala’s evidence in chief.

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/169485/

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by GSA01: 1:31pm On Oct 18, 2018
Huge 40 million Dollars for a special Assignment. no wonder Nigeria slide into recession. They looted the treasury dry and some certain individuals want Nigeria to go back to PDP Style of sharing Money...

241 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by CilicMarin: 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2018
Smh! angry

And ipob yoots want these armed robbers back?

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by MrAJQ(m): 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
And someone want us to have these sets of people in Aso Rock again.
I reject it.

152 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
OMG. shocked shocked shocked

14.5 BILLION NAIRA!!!

PDP?!
NEVER AGAIN!!

115 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by chrissbidi(m): 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2018
They should also informed some how much was spend in the north east when boko haram was really disturbing Nigeria. Because anytime Niger delta issue is been discussed, alot of sentiment!
GSA01:
Huge 40 million Dollars for a special Assignment. no wonder Nigeria slide into recession. They looted the treasury dry and some certain individuals want Nigeria to go back to PDP Style of sharing Money...

8 Likes

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by Realisticallyme: 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2018
Though not in support, But for those tht will rain insults,
Buhari is doing worse.
Where do u thinks the billions his borrowing are being channeled to?
If not his family n cronies.
At least one can point at some Jonathan’s achievements.
But this Buhari regime is nothing but blames.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by Racoon(m): 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2018
shocked shocked And the nature of the "special assignment" can not be revealed Can this be probe more further? What nonsense! angry

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ok
Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by imran147(m): 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
$40M on special assignment by foot

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by Balet: 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
GSA01:

Never again shall we allow our collective resources be looted again by the Poverty Develop.ment Party

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by sojayy(m): 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
Special what I've told u to download brain nah !....Naija don suffer, chaiiii !!!

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by maclatunji: 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
I need this kind of legal 'special assignment'.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by lastmaster(m): 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
grin
Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
sad Jonathan will not rest in peace. Where are all those dumb Atikulators? If the thread was about how Buhari's cousin got $40m, the thread would have been on the 10th page with severe wailings. Useless nonentities trying to drag us backward

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by Drsmith01(m): 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2018
grin somebody cannot do assignment again ni?
Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by Corrinthians(m): 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2018
Indeed.

I feel really dejected whenever I read stories like these, from Jonathan's era right down to the grand larceny perpetrated by Mr Agbada Bullion Van.

God help us.

7 Likes

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by karimusa: 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2018
AND ONE MUMU GO COME HERE COME DEY HAIL PDP..

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by Propzy: 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2018
Lord av mercy

1 Like

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2018
GSA01:
PDP?!
NEVER AGAIN

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by Fesomu(m): 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2018
The truth is we Nigerians deserve the kind of government we have. PDP and APC ain't the only parties we have contesting for political positions.. There are fresh candidates available with little or nil God father...But because we are foolish as ever, we go still support either PDP or APC... That been said, we obviously are faced with 2 political parties with very unscrupulous politicians but we still have to support one... however, to think that some bigger fools are eager to give power back to the same people that looted us dry for 16years, it's really disturbing... Buhari government get him own hoodah, plenty sef but if you wanna be honest with yourselves, they deserve at least a second term since PDP is the only 2nd option we have... Go and check oil receipts during PDP era and compare with that of APC, u go see say e no tally

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by kamez(m): 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2018
na wa ooo!!

$40million for special assignment

Shebi if I say thunder from Uzbekistan should fire this man, people go talk say I dey wicked....

Naija is truly a zooo

3 Likes

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by dazzlingd(m): 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2018
I need a special gift in life...

Nigerians, you deserve terrible leaders and a terrible nation. The country is where it is as a result of the summation of the vices of all citizen put together.

When a government try to prosecute a corrupt officer, you will be the ones to fight on their behalf with the little change you have in your account because it politics and tribal differences. You should all enjoy the nation you built together

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by Opinionated: 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2018
shocked
Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by Buterflyle0: 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2018
$40 mila haaaaa $40mila for special assignment. shocked shocked

PDP and frivolous tags given to their government of lootocracy.

$40mila for special assignment shocked shocked haaaaaa

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by arsenalLUVA: 1:52pm On Oct 18, 2018
#14.4 billion going by the current exchange rate. Na wa o!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by martineverest(m): 1:52pm On Oct 18, 2018
why is this thread scanty?...it the dude was an APC member,this thread go done reach 10 pages

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Aziboala: $40m Given To Me Was For Special Assignment - Jonathan’s Cousin by datribune: 1:52pm On Oct 18, 2018
Never again shall we allow known treasury looters anywhere near our treasury.
PDP traitors hav apologized for looting our National treasury but we won't make d mistake of allowing d Yam-eating goats anywhere near our National Yam ever again. PDP is a train wreck that even a change of name can not save.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dino Melaye’s Recall: Polling Units Empty / Arthur Okorie Uzoma Okowa Is Dead! Governor Ifeanyi Okowa's Father Dies / Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.