Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,157 members, 7,953,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:02 PM

This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) (43301 Views)

Why Is Lagos Blue Line Train Being Pulled By A Diesel Locomotive?—John Ashbourne / Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? / Like China, Like Lagos: A Look At The Great Wall Of Lagos - Photos & Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by Hotfreezer: 5:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Hackchually, Ambode tried his best considering where he came from where grown men defecate openly in gutters and grown women do their private pooing business in plastic buckets hidden under their beds at night. grin
You gotta praise this man for his efforts grin

My Wawa brother, the only reason you praise him is because he's gradually making Lagos look like Igboland. Dirty and with bad roads.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by KevinDein: 5:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
The most overhyped and overrated city (slum actually but I'm trying to be nice)
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by Owned: 5:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
Fashiola Is Working

Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by rozayx5(m): 5:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
with all that IGR

Lagos should be cleaner and finer than UYo

smh

1 Like

Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
unitysheart:
Waste management decision was his greatest undoing. He killed himself.
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by Hoodbilonia: 5:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
eko supaligeh
eko superligeh ewo
eko wabere
this is lagos
dont you
dont you
dont you
donr you know
huhuhu boy
and baby

by lagbaja way back..african calypso album
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by Olukat(m): 5:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
delugajackson:
But I thought Lagos was next to Dubai.

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by hush15: 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2018
autojosh:
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode is not coming back for a second term. This is by no means news any more.

The reason for his failure to secure a return ticket have been reduced to several theories.

Oddly, of late, there seem to be a consensus that Ambode’s performance is average - or even poor. This is rather strange, considering that it contradicts his consistent rating as the Best-performing Governor in the Nigeria.

That notwithstanding, many still rate him as the best-performing governor in the country. However, the Lagos state politicians that staged a gang-up against his return bid hold very resolute contrary opinions.

Indeed, Governor Ambode can be rated as having performed relatively well - at least by our very poor standard of judging our leaders in Nigeria.

However, we would be lying if we failed to admit that there are areas he performed so poorly. For instance, in the environmental sanitation department.

It goes without saying; Lagos state has never had it so bad in a very long time in the cleanliness department.

It appeared that Ambode lacked even the vaguest idea of the incredible amount of dirt that Lagos state generates.

Perhaps, this informed his hasty and sloppy adoption of the Visionscape and the Cleaner Lagos Initiative,  and the thoughtless disengagement of the PSP component. All these seem to expose his naivety in that area.

Months into the new Visionscape cleaning regime – and even with the partial recall of the PSP Operators in the environmental sanitation business – the state is still drowning in dirt.

Indeed, Ambode might have perform excellently in some areas – however,  he failed woefully in the environmental sanitation of Lagos state.

Ambode should have conformed to the popular American saying that goes thus:

"If it aren't broke, don't fix it”.

https://autojosh.com/this-is-lagos-a-city-swimming-in-filth-see-photo/

Well, its a win win for me but what i dont understand is rather the public embarrassment, why not call the governor and speak with him abi when he was approving everything for them, who heard? Now Bourdillon has spoken and they all remembered that Lagos is dirty.

I swear, if i was ambode, wetin i go them go strong gan cos i will first demystify these mofos and their goat at Bourdillon
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by osykull22(m): 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2018
but for dis, dis man no try at all
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by Olive4(f): 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2018
how come there is no traffic.... I heard everywhere in Lagos is blocked.
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by Hotfreezer: 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2018
KevinDein:
The most overhyped and overrated city (slump actually but I'm trying to be nice)

Slum, not slump.

It's a slum but your people were crying when they deported them out of Lagos.

iPod yoot, stop disgracing yourself and advertising your illiteracy everywhere.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2018
Where he wan see money to maintain lagos wen he dey spend all d money on slayqueenscheesy.
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by Hotfreezer: 5:14pm On Oct 18, 2018
delugajackson:
But I thought Lagos was next to Dubai.

Lagos is actually Dubai for our flatheaded folks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by tbaba1234: 5:15pm On Oct 18, 2018
hush15:

Well, its a win win for me but what i dont understand is rather the public embarrassment, why not call the governor and speak with him abi when he was approving everything for them, who heard? Now Bourdillon has spoken and they all remembered that Lagos is dirty.

I swear, if i was ambode, wetin i go them go strong gan cos i will first demystify these mofos and their goat at Bourdillon

Ambode only has himself to blame. Why change something that is working?

2 Likes

Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by LIVEBYTRUTH: 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2018
Eko baje, this is what you see in a SHITHOLE country, give me my BIAFRA , and see paradise on earth in a black nation.
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by Jamestown123: 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Hackchually, Ambode tried his best considering where he came from where grown men defecate openly in gutters and grown women do their private pooing business in plastic buckets hidden under their beds at night. grin
Cause was no rule to stop all those nonsense . Lagos cannot even setup a public convenience for the people to use go Kano and see for yourself .
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by maigemuu: 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2018
The very day he launched VISIONSCAPE, his VISION ESCAPED...

That is the reason he lost Lagos.

1 Like

Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by donkaz2(m): 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2018
Shai I wanted to do this post initially but I pity him if you come my area the rubbish wey u go see hey no be here anyway we dey call lawma and beg them to come since we know cleaner Lagos is a failed agenda
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by sexdoll: 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2018
instead of complaining or trying to find someone to blame, why not someone intelligent use his or her or their knowledge to start a waste recycling business?

people will just be staring at opportunities lying right there in front of them but they won't even know.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by Biodun556(m): 5:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
whent you stop monthly environmental sanitation, this is what you get.
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by Tedassie(m): 5:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Why thou savage. Lol
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by Ajibel(m): 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2018
This is his second biggest sin in Lagos. Scrapping Lawma.

The first, going after Fashola

1 Like

Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by magzey: 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2018
finestiyke:
And people will still vote the APC in Lagos after such monumental failure?

What is wrong with Lagosians sef?

Anyways click like for Atiku

Share for Buhari

Let's feel the pulse of people
Sorry INEC will not count this one grin grin
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by towyeenbell2: 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2018
Off course we'll belong to some master and BAT is one and no shyness about that ,those who don't have master wonder in the wilderness like a lost child and we all know who they are and that's why they are not consensus in any building of there state and they think they are building another peoples state,shame on the Igbo heads.... mtcheew.
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by AmazingELixir: 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2018
lipsrsealed

Lagosians are originally very dirty set of people...open drainage is like a waste dump site for them.

There's no need clearing the waste the grotesque site can be presented to prince Charles and his wife as tourist sites when they come visiting early next month

Eko Oni baje

1 Like

Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by Toosure70: 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2018
finestiyke:
And people will still vote the APC in Lagos after such monumental failure?

What is wrong with Lagosians sef?

Anyways click like for Atiku

Share for Buhari

Let's feel the pulse of people
bring your state on board please
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by newoffer: 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2018
MiddleDimension:
@autojosh i like the work you are doing, keeping tabs on our infrastructure. i also like the fact you are balancing your report.

just want to ask if you make money doing this.

He's freelancing. must u make money from everything. start where ur passion leads you and the rest will be history.

1 Like

Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by EniiT: 5:34pm On Oct 18, 2018
CaptainStephen:
KAI this is terrible angry angry
Ambode did not only fail in environmental issues. All Lagos roads are bad now. What we have there are not potholes. They are man holes. Go from Isolo to Jakande/ Egbe to Ikotun. Go from Oshodi/ Ikeja to Egbeda/ Iyana Ipaja...traffic everywhere. It's so bad. I dnt blame thise who called him best gov. In d city of d blind..d one eyed man is king

3 Likes

Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by Mizwisdom(f): 5:34pm On Oct 18, 2018
So who's gonna pay for the dirt to be removed? People keep disposing waste on streets and pay nothing for removal, please pay your tax. Ambode will be missed
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by guru90: 5:34pm On Oct 18, 2018
johnnyn1:
make ambode no catch u oo Autojosh
Nice work bro
Na your type the make this country worse upon worse...
Autojosh is speaking the truth....
So, you want him to turn APC liar party.........
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by SHEAU(m): 5:38pm On Oct 18, 2018
@Autojosh, yes u are right but, are u in anyway related to OBJ?
Re: This Is Lagos; A City Swimming In Filth (see PHOTO) by safarigirl(f): 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
So, it is Ambode that told the people of Lagos to be dirty and throw their trash by the road side?

Or all this trash all over Lagos must be coming from Alausa

Even the area that it was clearly stated- Keep Lagos Clean. Dem still trowey rubbish for front of the sign board.

Lagosians and indeed, Nigerians as a whole are just dirty and lack discipline, that is why every street corner is a dump site for them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Unsafe Locations In Lagos State! / Beautiful Sights Of Lagos Island / The Fake Families Being Smuggled Into The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.