Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:42 PM

Things Corps Members Who Just Passed Out Should Know - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Things Corps Members Who Just Passed Out Should Know (815 Views)

NYSC Issues Certificates To Corps Members Who Spent Service Year In Bandits’ Den / NYSC: How My Baby And I Passed Out In Style (Photos) / Rochas Okorocha Gives N10,000 To Corpers Who Passed Out Today In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things Corps Members Who Just Passed Out Should Know by myhotjobz: 11:25am On Oct 19, 2018
Corpers who just passed out must know these things
I want to congratulate all devoted Corp members who have served their father land under the sun and in the rain

Seeking for job is a job itself, my guy

You are now on your own

No more allawee or CDs

But you must agree with the bitter truth that life has just started for you. You must as a matter of urgency prepare yourself for the challenges ahead.
1.) Ensure you execute/ complete all projects you have started in your PPA before you leave.
2.) If you still want to stay in your state of deployment, harness the best opportunities either to establish your business there or secure a job
3.) Do not waste time sitting at home as if job will come and meet you at home. Apply for as many jobs as possible. Don't say you can't apply because you are not experienced or the location is far. There are lot of experiences you have that you don't know. Most of the graduates we have interviewed say they don't have experiences. In the previous trainings we have organized, we have taught graduates how to identify the experiences they have and present it in a juicy way on their CVs.
4.) Attending several interviews gives you an hedge over others who don't attend. If you will not be employed eventually, you would have gathered a lot of experiences
5.) Prepare yourself for several GMAT and Aptitude Test. Most international companies use GMAT for assessing applicants. Some use CBT to access applicants.You can access sample questions on our website (www.myhotjbz.com/quiz)
5.) I discovered that many graduates cannot sell themselves in an interview session. They cannot give about 5 important core values and their competencies. You hear them telling you stories of how they were born. As a senior HR, I switched off immediately. You can check our job news page to learn how to sell yourself in an interview
5.) Over 60% of jobs are not usually advertised. Prepare your CV based on your qualifications and job role. Google job role for different positions and skill up. Walk up to the organization and drop your application and CV. Don't wait till they advertise. Never submit your CV without a cover letter or application. I am always fascinated when I see articulated cover letters.
6.) The job market has age limits. Out of over 5000 jobs we have posted this year, only 12% accept graduates older than 26years. Therefore pick up job opportunities as you can find. Don't wait until you get the most paid jobs ( that does not mean you should allow an employer to be throwing you a salary less than your allawee). But you can use that as an opportunity to build up your skills and experiences.
7.) We have discovered that internship jobs are the most commonly advertised jobs in multinational companies. Don't hesitate to apply please�
8.) Your CV is what present and defend you before your prospective employer. I keep on receiving CVs (from graduates) that are disorganized, old-fashioned, myopically written and unpresentable. Why can't you get professional CV writers to write your CV for you? You can mail us to send you different samples of professional CVs (myhotjobz@gmail.com). It is not compulsory to present your biodata first in your CV. You can also check for sample CV on our CV development website (www.myhotjbz.com/build/cv)
9.) Never submit the same CV for different job roles. We have received CV that we cannot recommend to our clients because of this. Prepare your CV based on the job role you are applying for.

Do you want to be updated with job posts daily?
Follow link below to receive job updates across Nigeria and beyond�

https:///8XD02HAceKO6HSO61I4aSa

Myhotjobz Team
http://www.myhotjbz.com/quiz

Share with your friends and family
Re: Things Corps Members Who Just Passed Out Should Know by myhotjobz: 7:38am On Oct 22, 2018

(1) (Reply)

NYSC was great / Documents Needed For Camp Registration / How's Life In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.