Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland (1221 Views)

Topics I Eagerly Want Others To Write On. / Dog And Child Hit By Car Watch What Happens Next!!! / If God Should Give You A Blank Signed Cheque. How Much Will You Write On It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by segs4eva(m): 5:39pm On Jul 15, 2010
Nairalander!
I beg of you all, please watch what you write and comment on. Especially when it comes to men of God. Seun (as administrator of this site) the recent post and comments on men of God is not worthy for your site, I plead with you to take a second look at it. I believe this is very sensitive and so please take time to scrutinize what people write and comment on your site. Cheers!
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by akin101: 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2010
Everybody has de right to express their opinion on dis forum dere should not be any f$@king censorship religious or otherwise u don't like it den don't read it
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by dominique(f): 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2010
poster you're so funny. so you expect seun to inspect hundreds of comments that are posted daily. you wan kill pesin be that cheesy
nairaland is not for the fainthearted. if you're not comfortable with what you read here, then stick to facebook wink.
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by Dolemite(f): 12:59am On Jul 16, 2010
Freedom of speech baby. . .Bleep you and your men of dog. cool
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by segs4eva(m): 9:13am On Jul 16, 2010
Ignorance of what matter most is not only a disease, its a killer!
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by KakiP(m): 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2010
it's like Telling the press/journalists to mind what they say or write, Negro if u cant deal with it go and D.ie, just say ur one of these christian fanatics abi ur pastor follow for there?
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by akin101: 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2010
mR seg4eva
shut de fug up and stop disturbing us with ur religious hysteria
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by segs4eva(m): 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2010
I've made my point and i take my rest here!
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by favouredjb(f): 7:21pm On Jul 16, 2010
Lol,easy on him pips
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by bitterpill: 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2010
It is amazing that those who claim to be educated try to muzzle criticism or opposition. Even those who brought the religion you are defending to this clime have since opened their minds. Do you know that the Church at a time tortured the scientists who said the earth was not flat but spherical contrary to the teachings of the Bible? Pray, shouldn't you be grateful for the free of charge and priceless opinion poll provided here on the obscene and unChristian conduct of those so-called pastors? This is a golden opportunity for them to mend their ways and return to the true path that Christ treaded and stop being worshippers of lucre. Although most people know what is right but some people have surrendered their hearts to their pastors instead of submitting themselves to God.
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by ccollins(m): 11:54pm On Jul 17, 2010
Chai,i tire o! Perilious things happening in dis last days.the bible in isaiah made it clear that the earth is spherical in shape.i don't know where u got ur info frm but i think ur lying
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by 5p1naz(m): 11:48pm On Jul 21, 2010
Dolemite:

Freedom of speech baby. . .bleep you and your men of dog. cool

now thats rude,
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by 5p1naz(m): 11:50pm On Jul 21, 2010
bitterpill:

It is amazing that those who claim to be educated try to muzzle criticism or opposition. Even those who brought the religion you are defending to this clime have since opened their minds. Do you know that the Church at a time tortured the scientists who said the earth was not flat but spherical contrary to the teachings of the Bible? Pray, shouldn't you be grateful for the free of charge and priceless opinion poll provided here on the obscene and unChristian conduct of those so-called pastors? This is a golden opportunity for them to mend their ways and return to the true path that Christ treaded and stop being worshippers of lucre. Although most people know what is right but some people have surrendered their hearts to their pastors instead of submitting themselves to God.

chei bitter pill where u get ur own info from?/ i cosign ccollins to the fullest, the bible proved the earth's spherical shape to isiah, read b4 u talk dont just run ur mouth like u got mouth diarrhea n sh1t,
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by mamagee3(f): 11:52pm On Jul 21, 2010
Alright even if we watch what we type on Nairaland. . .you should clearly have a legitimate and interesting reason to create a new topic so that you don't come off as an absurd hypocrite.

Teach yourself a little bit of that sermon. wink
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by ice234: 4:17am On Jul 22, 2010
nonsense
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by bitterpill: 8:04am On Jul 22, 2010
5p1naz:

chei bitter pill where u get your own info from?/ i cosign ccollins to the fullest, the bible proved the earth's spherical shape to isiah, read b4 u talk dont just run your mouth like u got mouth diarrhea n sh1t,

I have chosen to ignore the outright insult in your reply but what answers do you have to the following posers:

1. Do you know that the Catholic Church persecuted Galileo Galileo for championing the Copernican theory that the earth revolved around the sun, in contradiction to scripture, church tradition and the ancient authority of Aristotle and Ptolemy?

2. Are you aware that the position made him to be tried and convicted as a heretic in 1633?

3. Do you know that Galileo was not fully vindicated until 1992 when, upon the recommendation of a papal commission that reviewed his trial and condemnation, Pope John Paul II formally absolved Galileo and acknowledged the error of the church’s judgment?

4. Look at I Chronicles 16:30: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable." and Psalm 93:1: "Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm, " and Psalm 96:10: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable, " Revelations also says that the earth has 4 corners.

5. The early Bible writers believed that stars were small objects (almost all Nigerian cultures even believe(d) in this) and could fall on to the earth from the sky. Read Revelation 6:13-16:, the stars in the sky fell to the earth, like figs shaken down by a gale; the sky vanished, as a scroll is rolled up , they called out to the mountains and the crags, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of the One who sits on the throne, "

6. Also the Bible writers assumed a flat earth, which was consistent with Hebrew cosmology, in several passages: Daniel 4:10-11. In Daniel, the king "saw a tree of great height at the centre of the earth , reaching with its top to the sky and visible to the earth's farthest bounds." If the earth were flat, a sufficiently tall tree would be visible to "the earth's farthest bounds," but this is impossible on a spherical earth. Likewise, in describing the temptation of Jesus by Satan, Matthew 4:8 says, "Once again, the devil took him to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world (cosmos) in their glory." Obviously, this would be possible only if the earth were flat. The same is true of Revelation 1:7: "Behold, he is coming with the clouds! Every eye shall see him, "

7. Again, the Hebrews considered the celestial bodies relatively small. The Genesis creation story indicates the size and importance of the earth relative to the celestial bodies in two ways, first by their order of creation, and second by their positional relationships. They had to be small to fit inside the vault of heaven. Small size is also implied by Joshua 10:12, which says that the sun stood still "in Gibeon" and the moon "in the Vale of Aijalon."

My friends (especially 5p1naz and ccollins), the spirit of God is true but some of these things are not correct. The funny thing is that those that even brought Christianity to us are now aware of this position. You may ignore it or take a subjective position on it but you are bound to lose any argument based on the realities of today. Consider this, if the early Bible writers had been Yorubas, Ijaws, Igbos, or Hausas, some of their belief systems would probably have found their way into the book.

I have absolutely no problem with any sincerely held religious belief and I am not trying to mock anyone but we should not, in the face of modern astronomy, continue to revel in ignorance and continue to see the Bible as a book of science. God is true but some of the passages of the Bible may not stand the test of science. We should not be dogmatic about this or resort to name-calling and outright derogatory remarks.

Don't be surprised that this position is no longer new or shocking to many people preaching the gospel all over the world.
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by ccollins(m): 10:49am On Jul 22, 2010
As far as am concerned,d word of GOD can't be doubted.all those signs were possible even though d earth is spherical.i remember in isaiah which says d earth hangs on nothing which is true.tHE REAL FACT IS THAT EVERY TRUE SCIENCE CONFORMS WITH THE WORD OF GOD. Be aware that they don't change the word in d scriptures(BIBLE) frm our fore-fathers to dis present generation.
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by NaijaSisi(f): 10:52am On Jul 22, 2010
dominique:

poster you're so funny. so you expect seun to inspect hundreds of comments that are posted daily. you wan kill pesin be that cheesy
nairaland is not for the fainthearted. if you're not comfortable with what you read here, then stick to facebook wink.

abi oo my sister, if u know u cannot handle am, gerrout!abi no be by force 2 come look topics
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by mamagee3(f): 8:58pm On Jul 22, 2010
ice234:

nonsense
What's nonsensical?
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 24, 2010
Dolemite:

Freedom of speech baby. . .bleep you and your men of dog. cool
Are you sane ? Cause only a mentally handicapped, moronic individual will make such a comment.
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 30, 2010
men of God, lmao,lol

if you don't like seeing people insult those scammers/men of God then you can kindly carry your all holy a.ss somewhere grin
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 01, 2010
infidelguy:

men of God, lmao,lol

if you don't like seeing people insult those scammers/men of God then you can kindly carry your all holy behind somewhere grin

Why are some people just plain stupi*d! Even if these men of God are con men just let them be. Let God be the judge. If you also wanna be a holy con man, go ahead and establish your church instead of spewing crap everywhere.
Re: Attention! Watch What U Write On Nairaland by Dolemite(f): 10:24pm On Aug 01, 2010
cryptic:

Are you sane ? Cause only a mentally handicapped, moronic individual will make such a comment.
State your reasons supporting your claim? I believe I made a perfectly logical comment!!

cryptic:

Why are some people just plain stupi*d! Even if these men of God are con men just let them be. Let God be the judge. If you also wanna be a holy con man, go ahead and establish your church instead of spewing crap everywhere.
Why is it crap though? so it's crap because you judge it as crap. . .who's judging who?

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think People Find You Interesting? / Us Military Video Depicting The Indiscriminate Slaying Of Over A Dozen People: / Fifty Phrases You Can Only Hear Nigeria-part One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.