Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

The Deception And Danger Of Religious Zeal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception And Danger Of Religious Zeal (238 Views)

Why The Deception & Who Is Right / Church And The Deception Of The Media - By Leke Beecroft / Deeper Life Wedding; The Lies,the Perversion And The Deception (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Deception And Danger Of Religious Zeal by pressplay411(m): 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2018
I love religion. I respect every religion.
Any belief system that gives hope and salvation to humanity is worth commending.
But when a religion preaches and institutionalises Death by Execution to it's unbelievers and apostates, is it not worth scrutinizing?
Is it not preaching genocide and slavery.

I have no problem against Islam if truly it doesn't preach this, but if it does, then there is a problem.
If it's followers preach peace but wield daggers and AK-47 then there is a problem.
If it preaches peace but seeks to eliminate every one who doesn't believe in its message of peace, is that peace?

If I am wrong about this, which I strongly wish, I would humbly apologise and speak no more of this.
But if neither the President nor Islamic leaders will decry, condemn and dissociate themselves from the mission and vision of Boko Haram, then my position is validated. This gives credence to all I have unravelled.

This means Islam supports, preaches, propagates and in fact sponsors Terrorism which both Boko Haram and ISIS are heralding and implementing across the nations of Africa and the World respectively.

I wonder if their Khalifah/Messiah is Buhari or Arafat. Perhaps Junudul Khalifa or Abu Musab Albarnawi or Abubakar Shekau or Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi. I wonder if it is going to be Atiku Abubakar or Barack Obama?

God help us all.
We shall overcome.
Victory belongs to Jesus, Always and For ever.
Amen.
Re: The Deception And Danger Of Religious Zeal by pressplay411(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2018
Why Buhari cannot stop Boko Haram.

I learnt some time ago a very vital observation about the media. I learnt to read the news behind the news and hear what the news is not saying.
As my pastor would say about politics, "What you hear is not what you're hearing, and what you see is not what you're seeing."
Hauwa Muhammed Liman was recently butchered by Boko Haram. President Buhari reached out to her family and commiserated with them expressing his regret that He tried his best but all his efforts failed.
Which was a nice thing for him to say.
But I was surprised that was all he said.

President Buhari never at any point during the conversation or after express his anger with Boko Haram. He did not at any point express disappointment in the religious reason Boko Haram gave for executing Hauwa. He did not call on Islamic leaders to address the rogue Islamic sect, renouncing the teaching that Boko Haram has made their basis for their heinous crimes and which they cited as the justification for executing Hauwa.
Boko Haram had justified the execution of Hauwa on the basis that Islam teaches the Execution of Apostates, those who choose to renounce Islam. According to Boko Haram, Islam teaches that anyone who leaves Islam to seek Salvation in other Religions is to be executed. Also any non-believer in Islam is an Infidel and should be kept as a slave for life, which they have threatened is the fate of Leah Sharibu, the one remaining Dapchi girl.

You would expect President Buhari to address this. But he didn't, he wouldn't because he simply couldn't.
Why?
Because he agrees with Boko Haram. Because as a fellow Muslim, he would do the same if the need arises. He would likewise execute an apostate and hold captive an infidel.
Buhari is a potential Boko Haram.

You cannot fight what you are. A thief cannot catch a thief. A criminal cannot fight crime. A terrorist cannot fight terror.
A Boko Haram cannot fight Boko Haram.

This is why President Buhari has failed in fighting Boko Haram the same way he fought against Biafra.

God help us all.
God help Nigeria.
God deliver us from Boko Haram.
God give us a President that has no ties with Boko Haram. One that will fight and overcome Boko Haram and every terrorism in Jesus name.
Amen.
Re: The Deception And Danger Of Religious Zeal by pressplay411(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2018
If Islam truly still preaches this, we need to be worried.

Khalifah - the civil and religious leader of a Muslim state considered to be a representative of Allah on earth; "many radical Muslims believe a Khalifah will unite all Islamic lands and people and subjugate (forcefully overpower/terrorise) the rest of the world"
Re: The Deception And Danger Of Religious Zeal by pressplay411(m): 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2018
Perhaps the most curious paradox in all this is that Religious Terrorists have a good intention.
They seek World peace.
They seek the fulfilment of God's will.
Unfortunately they believe they have to execute unbelievers to achieve this.

Good Intention + Religious Zeal = Dangerous Weapon Of Mass Destruction.

This brings to mind Judaism. This brings to mind Saul of Tarsus. This is the same Religious zeal that drives Boko Haram and Isis.

The devil/enemy always manipulates God's vision of a perfect peaceful world. The same way He manipulated Eve in the Garden of Eden.
Re: The Deception And Danger Of Religious Zeal by pressplay411(m): 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2018
Avengers 4- Infinity Wars is a very deep movie.
It depicts the mind and ambition of religious zealots.

Thallus in a bid to establish Universal Peace goes on a galactic rampage of carnage and cleansing. He spares the lives of a sizeable demographic of each planet and executes the others as a mercy sacrifice.

This is no different from the ambition of religious zealots.
The problem is Thallus became so driven and consumed by the idea and notion of a perfect and ideal universe that he became convinced that he was the one to fulfill it. It was his purpose in life and destiny.

It made him a villain. It made him destructive. It made him a terrorist.

Beware of Religious Zeal that makes you destructive and turns you to a terrorist.

God help us all.

(1) (Reply)

Question And Answer: Why Doesn’t God Kill Satan / 2winny Kings Singing Counting My Blessing / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/11/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.