Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Residents Of Lagos-badagry Express Area Laments Over Poor Roads - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Residents Of Lagos-badagry Express Area Laments Over Poor Roads (10668 Views)

Two Brothers Burn To Death In Lagos-Badagry Expressway Auto Crash / Lady Falls Inside Flooded Gutter Due To Badagry Express Bad Roads (Photos) / Son Of AbdurRasheed Adetokunbo Adenowo Dies In Accident At Lagos-badagry Express (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents Of Lagos-badagry Express Area Laments Over Poor Roads by comos: 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2018
germanized:
Ambode literally crippled movement in Lagos State. I used to like the guy but he performed no where close to Fashola.

Lagos- Badagry express is just one out of many places:
1. Lagos- Abeoukta (Sango-Iyana Ipaja-Ikeja-Oshodi) is hell on earth, you have to book 2 hours if you want to get to Ikeja from Egbeda/Iyana Ipaja to Ikeja.

2. Ijegun- Ikotun road is a mess, similarly, Ikotun to Mushin is terrible.

3. All the roads in Egbeda, both the major road and inner city roads have pot holes the size of a river.

4. Lasu-Isheri Road that Fashola built was not maintained under Ambode. To add insult to injury, so many busineness along Igando have been crippled due to LAWMA truckers' activities and dumping of refuse is a major health hazard at Lanre Bus Stop in Igando.

To cut the long story short, Ambode has been very careless in the construction projects he awarded in Lagos, something Fashola would never have done.

These people have no idea what a MEGA CITY means. MEGA city ko, MEGA village ni.

APC IS = FAILURE

1 Like

Re: Residents Of Lagos-badagry Express Area Laments Over Poor Roads by bless1015(m): 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2018
Tajudeen165:
After months of complaints from motorist and residents, the contractor (CCECC) in charge of the Lagos Badagry express road have commence work on the road.

Residents of Lagos Badagry area have opined that the state Government have excluded them from those benefitting the basic amenities especially road being done in the state.

Coming to Badagry from Mile 2 is a nightmare for residents due to the alarming situation of the road, the future of the roads seems bright after the state Government began expansion of the road about 8years ago.

As proposed, work began and motorist and residents believed their long difficulties encountered on the road will come to an end. After few years of working, the roads construction was abandoned after some private properties have been destroyed as part of the price to pay for the development.

Some major area where the roads needs urgent attention includes, Barracks Bus top, Volks, Iyana Iba, Okoko, Isashi, Agabara, Magbon, Oko Afo. The aforementioned bustops are places where motorist encounters problem and are held up for hours, which has also reduced business in the area.

Residents have on several occasions call on Local and State Government to take urgent action on the road, on some occasions some parts are patched while others are filled with stones which keeps the road working for only sometimes.

Considering the season of hourly rain, the roads has become unmotorable, with an alarming increment in bus fee, some parts of the roads have been abandoned as one way is no more a crime along this road.

Speaking with a resident, Mr. Peter Obanuwa he said “We are no longer in Lagos map, the state government has shifted development to the highland and abandon us, I work in Ikeja and I face difficulty getting to my destination from Agbara”

He added that “ The Local government can just patch the road so that we can manage it till those rebuilding the road gets to Agbara, Help us beg Ambode to look at this side of Lagos, We have state and Federal Reps, we don’t even feel their impact”.

A motorist who pleased anonymity said, “the road is bad, especially at rush hour, though we charge high but this is because we can no longer go four trips like we used to, we hardly go two trips, we have family who rely on us, hence we need to meets family demands. The Government should help us the road is damaging our bus and we have to visit the mechanic daily”.

However, our correspondent who walked around the area discovered that contractors are back on the road and as at the time of this report, they are presently working at Okokomaiko which implies that the road construction will soon be extended to other part of Badagry.

Meanwhile, residents had planned to stage a peaceful protest on the 31st of October 2018, to pour out their grievances to the state Government and according to the memo circulated online, No vehicle will be allowed to work from Mile 2 to Badagry.

Considering the recent commencement of work on the road, it is unclear if the protest will still hold as proposed.  

https://tjconnectng.com/residents-lagos-badagry-express-area-laments-poor-roads/

where is d work going on cus i pass through that road yesterday. I'm in Obamas Beach right now in Cotonou for holidays enjoying my self.
Re: Residents Of Lagos-badagry Express Area Laments Over Poor Roads by bless1015(m): 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2018
Tajudeen165:
After months of complaints from motorist and residents, the contractor (CCECC) in charge of the Lagos Badagry express road have commence work on the road.

Residents of Lagos Badagry area have opined that the state Government have excluded them from those benefitting the basic amenities especially road being done in the state.

Coming to Badagry from Mile 2 is a nightmare for residents due to the alarming situation of the road, the future of the roads seems bright after the state Government began expansion of the road about 8years ago.

As proposed, work began and motorist and residents believed their long difficulties encountered on the road will come to an end. After few years of working, the roads construction was abandoned after some private properties have been destroyed as part of the price to pay for the development.

Some major area where the roads needs urgent attention includes, Barracks Bus top, Volks, Iyana Iba, Okoko, Isashi, Agabara, Magbon, Oko Afo. The aforementioned bustops are places where motorist encounters problem and are held up for hours, which has also reduced business in the area.

Residents have on several occasions call on Local and State Government to take urgent action on the road, on some occasions some parts are patched while others are filled with stones which keeps the road working for only sometimes.

Considering the season of hourly rain, the roads has become unmotorable, with an alarming increment in bus fee, some parts of the roads have been abandoned as one way is no more a crime along this road.

Speaking with a resident, Mr. Peter Obanuwa he said “We are no longer in Lagos map, the state government has shifted development to the highland and abandon us, I work in Ikeja and I face difficulty getting to my destination from Agbara”

He added that “ The Local government can just patch the road so that we can manage it till those rebuilding the road gets to Agbara, Help us beg Ambode to look at this side of Lagos, We have state and Federal Reps, we don’t even feel their impact”.

A motorist who pleased anonymity said, “the road is bad, especially at rush hour, though we charge high but this is because we can no longer go four trips like we used to, we hardly go two trips, we have family who rely on us, hence we need to meets family demands. The Government should help us the road is damaging our bus and we have to visit the mechanic daily”.

However, our correspondent who walked around the area discovered that contractors are back on the road and as at the time of this report, they are presently working at Okokomaiko which implies that the road construction will soon be extended to other part of Badagry.

Meanwhile, residents had planned to stage a peaceful protest on the 31st of October 2018, to pour out their grievances to the state Government and according to the memo circulated online, No vehicle will be allowed to work from Mile 2 to Badagry.

Considering the recent commencement of work on the road, it is unclear if the protest will still hold as proposed.  

https://tjconnectng.com/residents-lagos-badagry-express-area-laments-poor-roads/

where is d work going on cus i pass through that road yesterday. I'm in Obamas Beach right now in Cotonou for holidays enjoying my self.

1 Like

Re: Residents Of Lagos-badagry Express Area Laments Over Poor Roads by ShawtCake(f): 4:09pm On Oct 19, 2018
bless1015:
I was equally wondering that too.. Because that's my route to Agbara. Abeg, what part of okoko are they currently fixing? People get robbed on that road every time cus of traffic.. Nigeria is a failed system walahi.

1 Like

Re: Residents Of Lagos-badagry Express Area Laments Over Poor Roads by Yankee101: 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2018
A major pipeline of Nigerian imports has been reduced to a backroad carriage way.

That's how serious our governments are.
Re: Residents Of Lagos-badagry Express Area Laments Over Poor Roads by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2018

1 Like

Re: Residents Of Lagos-badagry Express Area Laments Over Poor Roads by buchilino(m): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2018
AgentGoat:
It's true ambode no no his job. Make dem pursue himself .

NL GETS ME CONFUSED SOMETIMES. WASN'T IT SOME MONTHS BACK DAT SOME PPLE IN DIS FORUM WERE SHOUTING, AMBO IS WORKING?.
Re: Residents Of Lagos-badagry Express Area Laments Over Poor Roads by DBlackCeazer(m): 6:30pm On Oct 19, 2018
That road is something else, its been too long na!
Re: Residents Of Lagos-badagry Express Area Laments Over Poor Roads by Blessedfingerzz(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2018
We lack maintenance culture in this part is f the world. I never knew what the real definition of traffic jam means until my today's experience from iyana ipaja to ikeja computer village I spent 3hours . A journey of less than 20 minutes.
I came from edo state just last week. My first experience to ikeja and see. I almost suffocated sef. Very bad roads. Dust everywhere. There drivers and conductors are very rude I mean it very rude. They want you to jump on a moving bus. Rarely will you see Shits like this in edo state. The traffic lights so damn useless. I was in Lagos during one of fashola tenures I enjoyed Lagos at least compared to all my experiences so far since last week. Mashalashi road is very bad. Egbeda very bad.
Police are sleeping on duty at least I saw few today. I think Lagos is an overrated state. As a matter of fact I hated Nigeria today. And I wish to leave this country sooner.

I was talking to a woman and she was like to succeed in Lagos you have to do gra - gra you have to be tough. What mentality. Is that' how Oklahoma is? Have you been to Massachusetts Holden before in America ?? What bout city of angels Los Angele.

Fellow nairalanders. Make una travel go abroad and see things your self.

I was in China last year March upon the population look at. The government is still able to control them.... Alot of things are working and functioning in that land.

I regretted using IYARE MOTOR when coming to this overrated state. Immediately we entered Lagos one idiot danfo driver started insulting us in the bus. Can you imagine Said something like ori yin ti daru. Lagos is a mess. Dirty Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Residents Of Lagos-badagry Express Area Laments Over Poor Roads by Blessedfingerzz(m): 6:38am On Oct 20, 2018
lonlytroy:
When the head is dead, what do you expect
Keep managing it like that since Nigeria love suffering n smiling
We lack maintenance culture in this part is f the world. I never knew what the real definition of traffic jam means until my today's experience from iyana ipaja to ikeja computer village I spent 3hours . A journey of less than 20 minutes.
I came from edo state just last week. My first experience to ikeja and see. I almost suffocated sef. Very bad roads. Dust everywhere. There drivers and conductors are very rude I mean it very rude. They want you to jump on a moving bus. Rarely will you see Shits like this in edo state. The traffic lights so damn useless. I was in Lagos during one of fashola tenures I enjoyed Lagos at least compared to all my experiences so far since last week. Mashalashi road is very bad. Egbeda very bad.
Police are sleeping on duty at least I saw few today. I think Lagos is an overrated state. As a matter of fact I hated Nigeria today. And I wish to leave this country sooner.

I was talking to a woman and she was like to succeed in Lagos you have to do gra - gra you have to be tough. What mentality. Is that' how Oklahoma is? Have you been to Massachusetts Holden before in America ?? What bout city of angels Los Angele.

I was in China last year March upon the population look at. The government is still able to control them.... Alot of things are working and functioning in that land.

I regretted using IYARE MOTOR when coming to this overrated state. Immediately we entered Lagos one idiot danfo driver started insulting us in the bus. Can you imagine Said something like ori yin ti daru. Lagos is a mess. Dirty Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Residents Of Lagos-badagry Express Area Laments Over Poor Roads by lonlytroy(m): 8:41am On Oct 20, 2018
Blessedfingerzz:

It's obvious that 90% of the people living in Lagos are depressed and they are enjoying it otherwise the state wouldn't be that populated

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nairalander Needs Advice On Which Country To Relocate To. / Your Experience With Nigeria Commercial Buses / Port Harcourt Airport Is Not The Worst In The World - FAAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.