Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

The Restructuring Scam Played By APC And PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Restructuring Scam Played By APC And PDP (362 Views)

Mind Game Played By Northerners Over Southeast On VAT (photo) / PDP Rejects Ekiti Election Process, Says Results Were Concocted By APC. / Ekiti Election: How APC And PDP Stand In The 16 LGAs In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Restructuring Scam Played By APC And PDP by kayfra: 2:06am On Oct 20, 2018
Both parties promise restructuring like it's a simple executive act where the president just issues an order and gbam, restructuring happens.

The bitter truth about restructuring is, it is a legislative process that will involve both the Senate and House of Assembly passing the bill. The bill has to be signed by a president and possibly sent to the states for ratification. It's essentially a constitutional amendment which is politically difficult given the divergent interests.

As long as Northern legislators and states are not supporting restructuring, it is always going to be a pipe dream.

Wake up people. No president or single party has the power to restructure unless you get consensus around the country.
Re: The Restructuring Scam Played By APC And PDP by iammo(m): 2:19am On Oct 20, 2018
What would be restructed and how, hasn't been spelt out clearly
Re: The Restructuring Scam Played By APC And PDP by emmie14: 2:23am On Oct 20, 2018
Is either restructuring or disintegration. Nigeria is so divided tha equity and transparency died many years ago and can't be resurrected. Nothing is working out positively because of nepotistic mindedness in sharing and tribal sentiments by them who dominated the leadership of this country.
Re: The Restructuring Scam Played By APC And PDP by kayfra: 2:24am On Oct 20, 2018
iammo:
What would be restructed and how, hasn't been spelt out clearly

Even when it's defined. You'll need those legislators to pass it through committee votes and then take the general vote in each house and harmonize it. And this is hoping APC and PDP politicians act together. I doubt it will ever see the light of the day. Anybody voting a president in based on the promise of restructuring is dreaming
Re: The Restructuring Scam Played By APC And PDP by kayfra: 2:26am On Oct 20, 2018
emmie14:
Is either restructuring or disintegration. Nigeria is so divided tha equity and transparency died many years ago and can't be resurrected. Nothing is working out positively because of nepotistic mindedness in sharing and tribal sentiments by them who dominated the leadership of this country.

For either to come peacefully, you'll need a buy-in from majority of the country. We all know how northerners feel about it.
Re: The Restructuring Scam Played By APC And PDP by iammo(m): 2:28am On Oct 20, 2018
kayfra:

Even when it's defined. You'll need those legislators yo pass it through committee and then take the general vote in each house and harmonize it. I doubt it will ever see the light of the day. Anybody voting a president in based on the promise of restructuring is dreaming

And concurrence in at least 27 state house of assembly out of the 36. Similar to adding referendum clause it is nearly impossible.... But then I hate to dash peoples hope, who knows atiku has a magic wand
Re: The Restructuring Scam Played By APC And PDP by kayfra: 2:30am On Oct 20, 2018
iammo:

And concurrence in at least 27 state house of assembly out of the 36. Similar to adding referendum clause it is nearly impossible.... But then I hate to dash peoples hope, who knows atiku has a magic wand

I mean. The chances of that happening is like winning the lottery.

People can vote for Atiku based on his economic policies and governing philosophy, but don't expect any fulfillment of restructuring. That ain't happening. He simply lacks the power to do it.
Re: The Restructuring Scam Played By APC And PDP by emmie14: 3:26am On Oct 20, 2018
kayfra:

For either to come peacefully, you'll need a buy-in from majority of the country. We all know how northerners feel about it.
The current system is designed for their favour.

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy Time: Ipob To Divide Into 2 Next Week(atiku Ipob &buhari Ipob) / Help Me With My Car At MM2, Ikeja. / A'ibom Guber 2019: The Oracle Has Spoken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.