Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,767 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days (20975 Views)

Victoria Inyama Graduates From The University Of East London / Past Vs Present: Simply Tacha Was Called An Instagram Olosho At BBN Audition / Victoria Inyama And Ben Okri's Marriage Crashes: I Want Divorce, He Assaulted Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by ebusnwaoma: 4:45am On Oct 20, 2018
Nollywood actress, Victoria Inyama, who sat for a chat with Saturday Beats, talked about things she feels make the profession look embarrassing compared to how it was when she started her career.

Victoria Inyama who made her movie debut with a soap opera titled Ripples between 1998/1999; after she was discovered by Alex Usifo who invited her over for an audition, said; 

“My days in the industry were lovely; there was so much love; there was so much hard work. People wanted to act for acting sake, they didn’t want to act because of money. We were competing with who could cry the most, memorise long lines the most, who was the saddest character and stuffs like that unlike now that it is all about unnecessary competition like cars and houses. Back then, it was just innocent and genuine competition. It wasn’t for the fame but integrity.

“The truth is, these days it is an embarrassment being called an actress. You want to be called something else because there is no respect for that name anymore. Sometimes, I can’t wait to qualify as a psychologist so that when you think of Victoria Inyama, it will be in another light. Those in the industry now are doing a lot of things that shouldn’t be done in 2018. It is not just one particular thing that they should stop doing; from the picture, story line, artistes and costumes, some of them are just weird and out of place. Once I see certain names in the production, I don’t even bother,” she said.

https://lailasnews.com/its-an-embarrassment-being-called-an-actress-these-days-victoria-inyama/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by Mrop(m): 4:48am On Oct 20, 2018
Yes u r right

11 Likes

Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by cooldipo(m): 4:55am On Oct 20, 2018
I think social media messed things up big time.... I'm still looking forward to an opportunity to enter the industry but who will discover you in cry my kind of city? No player from here has even featured for the Golden eaglet cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by mezarddinny: 7:17am On Oct 20, 2018
what we have now is pussywood

you see an actress that has not acted over 10 movies living large with no other source of income while those that act in almost every movie you see are broke

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by soberdrunk(m): 10:10am On Oct 20, 2018
Hehee! Aunty is just pained she is missing all the 'action' grin
Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by DFlyest: 10:11am On Oct 20, 2018
wink
Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by rozayx5(m): 10:11am On Oct 20, 2018
Yea 99% are rums gals

Packaged runs gals

The "big" ones have richer clients

Reason most male actors are either doing sugar boy or hustling

And not loaded like their female counterparts

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by emmabest2000(m): 10:11am On Oct 20, 2018
Na now she take dey wake up abi ?

All of them na run girls from the days of Eve

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by Sirheny007(m): 10:11am On Oct 20, 2018
“The truth is, these days it is an embarrassment being called an actress. You want to be called something else because there is no respect for that name anymore. Sometimes, I can’t wait to qualify as a psychologist so that when you think of Victoria Inyama, it will be in another light. Those in the industry now are doing a lot of things that shouldn’t be done in 2018. It is not just one particular thing that they should stop doing; from the picture, story line, artistes and costumes, some of them are just weird and out of place. Once I see certain names in the production, I don’t even bother,”

You can remain embarrassed.
At the moment, the movies y'all produce is an embarrassment.

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by KukumaKillMe: 10:12am On Oct 20, 2018
angry

Lubbish
Be proud of what you are!. If you are truely a Actress you wont be ashamed of it. The Like of Genevieve Nnaji, Ola Jacobs, Kate Henshaw, Andy Okeke, Aki and Pawpaw and the rest will not say the same thing because their have made it in the business and are known worldwide. Instead having this negative mindset why not try to work hard like them and make a name out of what you do.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by cyrus1992(m): 10:15am On Oct 20, 2018
To those who see Naija movies, Me, i dont.

Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by davodyguy: 10:15am On Oct 20, 2018
Its now olosho industry.

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by Das77herbal: 10:20am On Oct 20, 2018
Ok
Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by oblaak(m): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2018
The movie industry is littered with people like Regina Daniels that never exceeds 16 years, Useless people that can't act and they'd shove it down our throat

11 Likes

Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by BruncleZuma: 10:24am On Oct 20, 2018
Who sabi you again...?
Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by Nezan(m): 10:24am On Oct 20, 2018
But she doesn't act again, painment
Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 20, 2018
ebusnwaoma:
Nollywood actress, Victoria Inyama, who sat for a chat with Saturday Beats, talked about things she feels make the profession look embarrassing compared to how it was when she started her career.

Once I see certain names in the production, I don’t even bother,” she said.

You have a right to your opinion

But writing off entire productions because of "certain names"?

Sure, we may not like all we see on the screen.

But, man, anyone who has gotten off his/her behind to actually get something out there deserves some accolades...

1 Like

Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by Memphis357(m): 10:37am On Oct 20, 2018
Oloshoism and ashawoism don takeover Nollywood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 20, 2018
ebusnwaoma:

Victoria Inyama who made her movie debut with a soap opera titled Ripples between 1998/1999; after she was discovered by Alex Usifo who invited her over for an audition, said; 

“My days in the industry were lovely; there was so much love; there was so much hard work. People wanted to act for acting sake, they didn’t want to act because of money. We were competing with who could cry the most, memorise long lines the most, who was the saddest character and stuffs like that unlike now that it is all about unnecessary competition like cars and houses. Back then, it was just innocent and genuine competition. It wasn’t for the fame but integrity.

“The truth is, these days it is an embarrassment being called an actress. You want to be called something else because there is no respect for that name anymore. Sometimes, I can’t wait to qualify as a psychologist so that when you think of Victoria Inyama, it will be in another light. Those in the industry now are doing a lot of things that shouldn’t be done in 2018. It is not just one particular thing that they should stop doing; from the picture, story line, artistes and costumes, some of them are just weird and out of place. Once I see certain names in the production, I don’t even bother,” she said.

https://lailasnews.com/its-an-embarrassment-being-called-an-actress-these-days-victoria-inyama/

See Victoria inyama (wey cast before she run go london) too wan talk like say no be dem start to bastardize the movie industry with sex for role scandals. Unfortunately 99% 0f the politicians paying top dollars today were poor men then.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by cr7lomo: 10:39am On Oct 20, 2018
soberdrunk:

U are part of the problems of this country and world as a whole

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 20, 2018
Did you say "actress"? Anyama sad
Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by lexy2014: 10:39am On Oct 20, 2018
soberdrunk:
well, some people have principles. instead of joining d bandwagon, they will choose 2 stand out and walk away
Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by Shehunoshewhat: 10:48am On Oct 20, 2018
Aunty, when did you become light in complexion
Re: Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days by tgmservice: 11:09am On Oct 20, 2018
She knows whats up

When i said the term nollywood actress is synonymous with Olosho they said i was lying

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBNaija's Ike: It's Easier To Make Motivational Speeches When Life Favours You / Most Paid Nigerian Entertainers 2012! / Mimi Orjiekwe Poses With Her New Range Rover (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.