Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:37 PM

Nigerian Traders In Ghana Kick Against Non-compliance With ECOWAS’ Protocols - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Traders In Ghana Kick Against Non-compliance With ECOWAS’ Protocols (7365 Views)

Obiano Shuts Nnewi Spare Parts Market Over Non-Compliance With COVID-19 / Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack / Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Kick Against Non-compliance With ECOWAS’ Protocols by Triniti(m): 11:17am On Oct 20, 2018
vaxx:
What can a government do with 1.5% of its total tax revenue? What are its options for funding? What can a government do to improve the lives of ordinary Ghanaians with 1.5% of its revenue left for everything else? And what do you prioritise?

I am afraid that akuffo led goverment is the worst Ghana has ever had since democracy begin. It is currently a big burden for Ghanaians now.

And in regards to the Nigeria traders, ECOWAS (economic of weak west African state ) it is a weak regional organization that has failed many times over. If the goal of Ecowas is to promote trade among the 15 member countries, then it is a useless organization and Ghana will have no part of it. Since the formation of Ecowas in 1975 in Abuja, Nigeria, to facilitate trade among its 15 member states, only 12% trade goes on in the region.

The Ghanaian government has established the issuing of Ecowas passport, where none of the Ecowas protocol has been met. Presently, the 90-day requirement of free movement of Ecowas nationals has allowed the influx of vagabonds at the shores of Ghana; Ecowas nationals of Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, and all the nearby countries are unduly exploiting this loophole to satisfy their own whims and caprices.

Ghana belongs to Ghanaians, and the laws of Ghana must be respected at all cost. If the laws say, no foreign nationals are permitted in retail trade, that is exactly what it means, no ifs or but. And It is the same with nigeria trade union but since Ghanaians are in minority compare to Nigerians in ghana make it non problem in Nigeria.but in all honesty. Many Nigeria are reallly not paying taxes as well. They were report on this case before.

And This current clueless NPP government of Ghana is to blame for all this current problem. How can a African regional organization that does not respect its own protocols be allowed to terrorize the people of Ghana? Let us talk about armed robbery, guns, and gang rapes of Ghanaian women. These crimes that are prevalent in nearby countries are now imported into Ghana due to this one weak Ecowas. To hell with Ecowas. ........pls note I am a dual citizen
You raised a salient point brother,I’m talking about the current government putting in policies that affect ordinary Ghanaian negatively, there’s anger and hunger in Ghana now. Asking non Ghanaian who wish to do business to invest the sum of $1million and register with $2000 is not the right step. They can equally put a good plan to checkmate tax defaulters
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Kick Against Non-compliance With ECOWAS’ Protocols by Cameroonglass(m): 11:22am On Oct 20, 2018
Nigeria has a lot to do when it comes to international policies

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Kick Against Non-compliance With ECOWAS’ Protocols by totem1(m): 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2018
You are right, I'm Nigerian but I feel sorry for Ghana. I met a Ghana based yahoo boy once and I felt bad while thinking of the rot he was "contributing", I hope they all rot in your jails, since our govt wont do that. Your government should keep up the good work, but should also be careful so it won't affect lawful foreigners. I love Ghana. Plan to visit again.
V0lv0:
I wish they could scrap this Ecowas rubbish as it does not bring any benefit to Ghana in any way.

Ghana must first look at what benefits her citizens first and there is anything wrong in a country benefiting it's own citizens first and we are allowed to do this and Ecowas rule cannot overrule a country's own rule if it will be to the detriment of it's own citizens.

Nigerians can either abide by the rules of the country they are based in or go back to their country. If it was the other way around and this was happening in Nigeria they would be a Ghana must go 2.

This is not about hate or envy but doing what's best for the country's citizens.

How I wish they could scrap this Ecowas nonsense as it has opened the door to so many unlawful and criminal elements in our society too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Kick Against Non-compliance With ECOWAS’ Protocols by mechanics(m): 3:08pm On Oct 20, 2018
Our president must act being the chairman of ECOWAS.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Kick Against Non-compliance With ECOWAS’ Protocols by themanderon: 4:18pm On Oct 20, 2018
They don't want you so pack your kaya and leave. A pity Nigerians have become a pariah amongst nations. No thanks to these wicked an vile rulers that wrecked us both past and present.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Kick Against Non-compliance With ECOWAS’ Protocols by Just30: 11:45pm On Oct 20, 2018
Triniti:
You are a stupid slowpoke if this is the way you drive home your point, how can a government increase tax without due consultation with the relevant authorities? Do you even read the news in Ghana? You just open that purile gutter you call mouth and start taking jabs about other Africans. Have you bothered to counter the Chinese damaging the whole body of water in your country in the name of mining? You only jump and mastubate whenever the name Nigeria is mentioned......recently all the business in Ghana has been trying to get the government see reasons why there should be reduction in taxes. Let ECOWAS come together and dissolve this free trade thing let’s see if Ghanaians can be able to survive it
grin grin grin grin grin
You Nigerians are really living in delusion
Ghana doesn't trade with Nigeria
yet whenever you wake up to foster in your self-delusion
you yab about how Ghana wont survive without Ecowas.
Ghana doesnt need Ecowas to trade with Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Togo and Liberia
These trade lines existed long before even Ecowas was established.

There is a reason why Ghana is not interested in trading with Nigeria and it hasnt .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Kick Against Non-compliance With ECOWAS’ Protocols by rusher14: 12:42am On Oct 21, 2018
awa:

Nobody is jealous as far I am concerned. Nigerians are just loosing their reputations in the comity of nations due to bad leadership and nepotism at home.
Tomorrow South Africa will start their Xenophobia and we will think it is about jealous....I weep for Nigeria

Perhaps those selling drugs and perpetrating fraudulent acts are accept in other countries.

It's the Nigerian leaders they don't like.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business / Meet 10 Nigerian Billionaires All From The Same Town Nnewi / 419 Mail - You Have A Package With Fedex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.