Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Peter Obi On Gov Willie Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi On Gov Willie Obiano (316 Views)

Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React / Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. / Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi On Gov Willie Obiano by Anambralstson: 7:52am On Oct 20, 2018
After the courtesy visit to the President General of Ohaneze in Enugu yesterday, shortly before we visited Dr. Arthur Eze, the inquisitive press asked the Vice Presidential candidate of the PDP, Mr. Peter Obi, how he hoped to work with Gov. Willie Obiano. Obi spoke thus : "the work of the Governor and that of the Vice President are parallel but complimentary. While he will be in Anambra tending to state needs, I will be in Abuja making sure that the Federal Government carries out its obligations to all the states in Nigeria, including Anambra State. While he works on state roads, for example, the Federal Government will work on Federal roads, the Second Niger Bridge and other federal projects. In matters like this, the welfare of the people should be the leading principle and our individual concern.”

I thank God all the Igbo leaders we have visited are on the same page. From our interactions with them, it is clear they see it as a task that requires unity of purpose because its success will be ours as well as that of the entire country.

I heard that one Mr. Law Mefor was on air yesterday speaking surprisingly. Now is not the time for exhibition of hate. For brothers like him, may I remind them that Igbos should know that no society can survive if it allows its members to behave towards one another in the same way in which it encourages them to behave as a group towards other groups: internal cooperation is the first law of external competition. This external competition is needed most among Igbos today in view of the great task ahead.

(1) (Reply)

Why God Made Buhari President- Cleric / Southwest Will Get Juicy Appointments In Atiku’s Government – Ex-governor / Abuja Rail Can’t Run Faster Than 90km/h, We Don’t Want To Kill Cows- Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.