Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match (832 Views)

The Super Eagles Training For The Friendly Match Against Belgium (Photos) / Sunday Oliseh, Invites 23 Players For Tanzania Match / Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by 12large: 12:01am On Jul 16, 2010
Eagles to play S’Korea
By AGENCY REPORTER
Thursday, 15 Jul 2010

View All (51) Comment(s)
Print
Post Comment
Facebook
Twitter
Send to friend

The Nigerian Football Federation has confirmed the Super Eagles will play a friendly against World Cup opponents South Korea on August 11.

Both teams played a 2-2 draw at the World Cup in South Africa which saw Nigeria being eliminated.

Nigeria‘s football authorities want to use the game to start a rebuilding process for the Super Eagles whose recent performances have let fans down.

The Eagles were knocked out in the group stages without winning a game.

The aftermath of that unsuccessful World Cup campaign led to the country‘s president Goodluck Jonathan announcing a two year ban from international football for the Super Eagles.

But he lifted the ban after NFF promised to disband and rebuild the side.

According to the Nigeria Football Federation spokesman, Ademola Olajire, the rebuilding process of the faltering Eagles starts with this game.

”So much has happened since our disappointing campaign in South Africa, so the NFF has moved to utilise the next FIFA window to schedule this match.” Olajire told BBC Sport on Wednesday.

”It will be the beginning of significant process in the quest for a new Super Eagles that will be the pride of the nation.

”The Koreans have requested for at least fifty-percent of the players that played at the World Cup, so we plan to present the best of our players for this match.”

”We are not only hoping to fulfil our promise to the president but to also meet the demands of the fans and media for a committed and determined Super Eagles,” Olajire said.
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by 12large: 12:05am On Jul 16, 2010
the koreans are very stupid but nigeria fa is more crazy. how can korea request for 50percent of failure players and the nff accepted, tommorow now korea wouild request for yakubu,yobo and kanu. thats why i already knew that if we keep lars lagerback, we should just forget about finding a new team. anyway lets see if yakubu and keita would be part of the 50percent worldcup players korea requested
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by marutimon: 9:50am On Jul 16, 2010
If 50% would be i.e. Vincent Enyeama, Elderson Echeijile, Danny Shittu, Taye Taiwo, Chidi Odiah, Dele Adeleye, Kalu Uche, Lukman Haruna, Peter Odemwingie, Chinedu Obasi and Obafemi Martins than why not?
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by snowdrops(m): 9:53am On Jul 16, 2010
12large:

”The Koreans have requested for at least fifty-percent of the players that played at the World Cup, so we plan to present the best of our players for this match.”

That says it all. The friendly was on koreas` request. Nigeria oblinged because of the [size=20pt]money.[/size]

And hence re-organisation has been thrown out of the window after them hear cash.
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by chelseabmw(m): 10:28am On Jul 16, 2010
hands closed
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by IbrahimB: 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2010
Will Papilo be playing too?
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by bawomolo(m): 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2010
the south koreans want to be entertained by yakubu again. i don't blame them
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by snowdrops(m): 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2010
bawomolo:

Gbam raised to power 3.
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by obinna5000(m): 10:20pm On Jul 16, 2010
The Koreans want another spectacular performance from Yakubu Aiyegbeni. grin
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by BloodShed1: 10:47am On Jul 17, 2010
bawomolo:

AH, you beat me to it.

I wouldn't mind watching that friendly for what it's gonna be, a FVCKIN JOKE!!!
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:10pm On Jul 20, 2010
Great show, this is a chance to watch Fatkubu re-enact his memorable goal-scoringmissing prowess grin
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by mamagee3(f): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2010
Another disgrace is coming forth. . .

Looks like we have bunch of dafts ruling our country.

Whatever happened to bringing in new players instead of those old hags.

It's really sickening!
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by 12large: 9:26pm On Jul 20, 2010
i don't know why they are even pressed to play korea, we should have just organiized a friendly with a smaller african team anyway there are still good players on that team that can make a big difference
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by mamagee3(f): 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2010
The koreans are rude and arrogant.

Let them be warned that just because they beat those old men in the world cup doesn't mean they are a better team.

Bunch of rude, narcassitic trolls.
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by bawomolo(m): 9:51pm On Jul 20, 2010
12large:

i don't know why they are even pressed to play korea, we should have just organiized a friendly with a smaller african team anyway there are still good players on that team that can make a big difference

what can be gained from beating sierra-leone 4-1?
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by 12large: 11:05pm On Jul 20, 2010
do you know what can be gained
1. siera leone would be happy to play us, they would not give us any rules and regulation
2. we would have chance to try new players 100percent without any big fear of losing

the question should be "what can be gained by using worldcup failures to play korea friendly" i mean even if we win 20-0 we just cannot build a new team with kanu,yobo,yakubu,ayila,keita,etuhu
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by papa190(m): 12:40am On Jul 21, 2010
august wen again,

im planning 2 booze that day then, i nor dey watch any crap~
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by mamagee3(f): 1:50am On Jul 21, 2010
bawomolo:

what can be gained from beating sierra-leone 4-1?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by bawomolo(m): 3:09am On Jul 21, 2010
12large:

do you know what can be gained
1. siera leone would be happy to play us, they would not give us any rules and regulation
2. we would have chance to try new players 100percent without any big fear of losing

the question should be "what can be gained by using worldcup failures to play korea friendly" i mean even if we win 20-0 we just cannot build a new team with kanu,yobo,yakubu,ayila,keita,etuhu

why are you scared to lose a friendly. Isn't that part of growing pains when you try out new players?
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by 12large: 3:43am On Jul 21, 2010
oboy just shut up, you talk like a total mumu. who told you am scared to lose a friendly, i said that there is no point of using worldcup failures to prosecute that friendly against south korea, because it does not matter if we win or lose we cannot build with those players.
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by alamsdee: 9:46am On Jul 21, 2010
why am I a Nigerian??
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by Johnnny(m): 10:04am On Jul 21, 2010
alamsdee:

why am I a Nigerian??

Would you be interested in being a citizen of Iraq. I have a friend that can help you nationalise to Iraq citizenship.
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by snowdrops(m): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2010
clearly the theives in the NFF see this as another opportunity to steal money as the Koreans have apparently offered them loads.
Re: Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match by 12large: 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2010
the koreans are too funny, according to mtn football, they specifically requested for "yakubu aiyebeni"

(1) (Reply)

Enrolment For 2010/2011 Ssce/waec And Neco Is Already On. / Maigairi Blames Players For Football Woes / Zambia Wins African Cup Of Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.