Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS (32075 Views)

Nigerians Dares Armed Pakistani Police To Shoot Them, As Fights Breaks Out / U.S Woman Who Killed Her Mother And Hid Corpse In Suitcase Is Re-Arrested (Pics) / Photos Of Gana's Native Doctor Arrested After Military Raid On Shrine In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by engrkaz(m): 11:49am On Oct 20, 2018
rock003:
It is FELAbration and not Felebration
Collect one bottle of beer and a plate of fried snail.... Tell Alhaja say na me go pay.... Your eye sharp die

2 Likes

Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by emmychina: 11:55am On Oct 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 20, 2018
See how dirty that environment is cry SMH
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by Sleekfingers: 11:55am On Oct 20, 2018
tgmservice:
They should just ban this felabration sef
People looking for excuse to get high and get laid.
Let the man rest in peace he doesn't care about this shitt anymore

Ban felabration ain't gonna work...let me enlighten you...it is also supported by Lagos state government...the family get millions of naira from the government....

I was at freedom park on the island yesterday....where felabration is also celebrated....freedom park is own by Lagos state government....

What's wrong getting high? As a matter fact...what wrong smoking weed?.....your Jesus also got himself high on some cheap arse wine....

Felabration is celebrated in Australia, UK, united states , Germany etc...

2 Likes

Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by Landinvestments(m): 12:04pm On Oct 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

FG should just outlaw Felabrations.
That celebration has done more harm than good.

Apart from his courage and opposition to tyranny; why else should we honour a drug addict who died of AIDS?

Whopppssss...!!! Lol
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by walosky(m): 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
See our yoruba muslim afonja brothers. grin grin

We yoruba muslims dirty no be small. grin

Bros you wukked ni !

How you take know say we dirty gan?

Oloun maaje o!
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by Radicalface: 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2018
eghuan1:

What did you just write?

what you just read
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by kanayo76: 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2018
sholatech:
These guys fighting look like Touts outside the Shrine & not visitors inside the shrine.
Na den, Afonjas and Thougly is like ewa and agege bread
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2018
About time too.

Stopped going for Felabration for several years now because of the general rowdiness and potentially explosive mix of uncouth characters and marijuana/alcohol.
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by dederocs(m): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Apart from his courage and opposition to tyranny; why else should we honour a drug addict who died of AIDS?
You sound myopic, show some respect... Which other Nigerian do we have,that commands such fame and visitors yearly to this country, don't you know Nigeria benefit from the fame and respect people worldwide have for fela?
You hate Fela cos he smokes weed, you that don't smoke weed, what is your contribution to your compound...talk more of community. Fela Impacted the world, put Nigeria on the map, respect that.

1 Like

Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by Evince(m): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2018
so what happen to being in a faction. By definition faction is a small group within a large group. I know u think faction is of the cult
jmaxjohn:

So you get faction!

We go soon find you
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by okwabayi(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2018
If you mix weed, alcohol, other drugs and the presence of women -- sometimes none is needed, the end result will turn into occasional brawls. It's why parents warn their wards to steer clear off the shrine.
The report stated 'a clash'. No it was not a clash, it was a melee. For a clash to occur it means both parties had an agreement to coexist peacefully. Semantics, people -- learn them.
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by dederocs(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2018
jamalchance:

I may have supported u if d question mark came after addict ... What does Dying of AIDS have to do with anything
Na myopic hypocrite, no mind am ... Unknown person dey discredit Fela Anikulapo Kuti.
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by itu404(m): 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2018
But that kind place for get security men wey dey work . pls. they should get at least two . individual dey get body guard
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by Hidemyface: 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
I was there live. What happened was that some boys from my faction wanted to come on stage. Another group then came from nowhere saying we weren't registered. Felabration wey we don dey do for almost 15 years now. What nonsense. Still we stood our ground but they get strong head. They started breaking bottles and we broke our own bottles too. Everybody con dey break bottle. Thank God for police wey come. Kalakuta republic for scatter finish.

The funny thing about your comments is that I always stop half way through to check the writer when what I'm reading is that making sense and you're always the culprit.
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by foreshore(m): 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2018
dainformant:
A serious broke out early this morning at the New African Shrine popularly known as Fela shrine in Ikeja area of Lagos.

It was gathered that the clash occurred following a heated disagreement between two groups following this year's edition of Felabration which saw thousands of Nigerians gather to celebrate the music legacies of Fela Anikulapo-Kuti.

The fight was quelled by officers of the Rapid Response Squad who stationed patrol teams in the area to forestall a repeat. Some suspects were also arrested by the police.

Felabration, now in its 20th year, was initiated by Yeni Kuti, Fela’s first child and her brother Femi, as a platform to celebrate their father’s legacy.

This annual music festival runs for a week and attracts guests from around the world who are entertained with a rich display of the Nigerian culture, music and discussions on topical issues affecting society

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/10/felebration-2018-fights-breaks-out-at-african-shrine-in-lagos.html

That one na free Igbo for the RRS policemen
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by ajibolaliberty(m): 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2018
Do good so that u can be remembered
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by Bemurzsiorghra(m): 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2018
You might be right from your Anus but that name [b]FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI ABAMI EDA [/b]lives on... Make you pray make at least one person from your generation/offspring should be able to make an attempt of history made by this Legend.
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

1 Like

Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by BillgatesMaigad(m): 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2018
A typical Afonja can make mouth for Africa. See them very Laz.y set of human beings.

Single strength they don't have
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by Princeton92(m): 1:55pm On Oct 20, 2018
I was there too & I second this info
ChiefAzubuike:
I was there live. What happened was that some boys from my faction wanted to come on stage. Another group then came from nowhere saying we weren't registered. Felabration wey we don dey do for almost 15 years now. What nonsense. Still we stood our ground but they get strong head. They started breaking bottles and we broke our own bottles too. Everybody con dey break bottle. Thank God for police wey come. Kalakuta republic for scatter finish.
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2018
BillgatesMaigad:
A typical Afonja can make mouth for Africa. See them very Laz.y set of human beings.

Single strength they don't have

This yeeboe people no fit tire for our matter. Abeg leave us to our own matter, face your own problem in the yeast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by secpowell: 2:07pm On Oct 20, 2018
See as dem take blow Somebody mouth.Blood cum dey rush out. I think say somebody be power man.d wey guys take respect dis guy for Africa shrine you go think say e fit kill person.
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by jmaxjohn(m): 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2018
Evince:
so what happen to being in a faction. By definition faction is a small group within a large group. I know u think faction is of the cult

Faction issa faction. Who ask you to defend it? Guilty conscience. tongue
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by felaismyhero(m): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2018
despite the fact that fela is the greatest and most intelligent african to have ever lived.he failed in one regard: his followers never grasped what he stood for.they associated with him merely for music and weed.there ought to be a fela movement in our politics and society today.nevetheless,fela is still my hero!
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by anukulapo: 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

One of the reason being that many others that are not drug addicts and not AIDS/HIV carrier fail to be as courageous as he is; opposing tyranny.

It's a big deal putting ones life on the line, when you could have just sing people's praise and make some money being a celebrity...which would still not stop him from smoking and many other things we got himself into.

#noagreementtoday #noagreementtomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by highbeekeys(m): 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
"they started breaking bottles and we broke our own bottles too. everybody con day break bottle". typical of our country people. so fvucked up!
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by highbeekeys(m): 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2018
Hidemyface:

The funny thing about your comments is that I always stop half way through to check the writer when what I'm reading is that making sense and you're always the culprit.
it's what they say about the police nabbing the wrong people. so lame.
Re: Felebration;Fights Breaks Out At African Shrine In Lagos, Suspects Arrested.PICS by thatigboman: 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
sharap known clown

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Rescued From 160ft Well In Lagos (Photos) / Hoodlums Attack Presidential Task Force At Tin Can Port (photos, Video) - Report / Master Busts His 10-Year-Old Apprentice’s Head For Disobeying Him. Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.