Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,843 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

17 Nigerian Nationals In Maryland, Grambling And Texas In Marriage Fraud Scheme - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 17 Nigerian Nationals In Maryland, Grambling And Texas In Marriage Fraud Scheme (982 Views)

The New Look Of The Rehabilitated Independence Tunnel In Maryland, Lagos (Photos / Nine Nigerians Arrested In New York, Florida, And Texas For Multimillion-dollar / 17 Nigerian Migrants Sue Italy For Returning Them To Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

17 Nigerian Nationals In Maryland, Grambling And Texas In Marriage Fraud Scheme by overseasnbeyond: 8:15pm On Oct 20, 2018
United States Attorney David C. Joseph announced that three Nigerian nationals living in Grambling and Texas have pleaded guilty Monday to roles in a scheme aimed at obtaining permanent residency illegally.

Adebisi Philip Bode Adejumo, 34, a Grambling, La., resident and Nigerian citizen; Godspower Raphael Sobaeh, 31, a Fort Worth, Texas, resident and Nigerian citizen; and Olabode Ebenezer Olubodun, 37, a Houston, Texas, resident and Nigerian citizen, pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Terry Doughty to one count of conspiracy to make false statements in connection with immigration documents. Adejumo also pleaded guilty to one count of making false statements in connection with immigration documents, Sobaeh to one count of marriage fraud, and Olubodun to one count of making false statements in connection with immigration documents and mail fraud. In May, a federal grand jury returned a 42-count indictment charging 17 Nigerian and Cameroonian nationals living in Louisiana, Texas, New York and Maryland with the marriage fraud scheme. Sobaeh, Adejumo and Olubodun are the first to plead guilty. The court set sentencing for Feb. 6, 2019

https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=1768982058534932280#editor/target=post;postID=5936229083238342001;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=0;src=postname
Re: 17 Nigerian Nationals In Maryland, Grambling And Texas In Marriage Fraud Scheme by matuskyoo7(m): 5:39am On Oct 21, 2018
I reserve my comment

1 Like

Re: 17 Nigerian Nationals In Maryland, Grambling And Texas In Marriage Fraud Scheme by overseasnbeyond: 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2018
matuskyoo7:
I reserve my comment
The hustle is real!!!

(1) (Reply)

Please, Where In Lagos Can I Get Transport Vehicles Going To Maiduguri / COVID-19: FG Begins Plans To Resume International Flights / Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.