Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Minimum Wage Law: Octopus Gabriel Of Nigeria Predicts Unprecedented Sack Of Workers And Close Down O - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Minimum Wage Law: Octopus Gabriel Of Nigeria Predicts Unprecedented Sack Of Workers And Close Down O (2207 Views)

How To Close Down A Thread / How Do I Close Down My Nairaland Account.. / Gov Gabriel Suswan Of Benue State Uses 47 Billion Naira To Buy Pigs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimum Wage Law: Octopus Gabriel Of Nigeria Predicts Unprecedented Sack Of Workers And Close Down O by Omokemesi(m): 9:02am On Jul 16, 2010
The new minimum wage of 17,000 naira approved by the Federal Goverment is quite inadequate and demoralising. This is because the wives of those to earn this pittance will buy from the same market with those to earn over 450,000 naira per month. Worse still, most of those to earn the minimum wage have more children to cater for. Don't say whose fault. So sad about this situation, I planned to stage a one-man demonstration to call for a further 300% increase as minimum wage and to give my support to the new wage law. The law, if enforced, will prescribe 6 months jail term for employer who fails to obey the minimum wage law. I decided to consult my inner oracle, Octopus Gabriel of Nigeria, to predict the after effect of this law. Behold, I received a shocker! Octopus Gabriel declared: "the 17,000 naira per month which all of you are claiming is too inadequate cannot be paid by all employers in Nigeria. There will be shut down of many companies currently battling with unpaid bank loans caused by worldwide economic recession and homemade problems. The population of the unemployed will increase astronomically. Companies that want to stay afloat will reduce their staff strength while others will shut down outrightly." Will Octopus Gabriel's prediction come to pass? Who wants to go to jail even for one day for helping the government to reduce unemployment in Nigeria? - omokemesi
Re: Minimum Wage Law: Octopus Gabriel Of Nigeria Predicts Unprecedented Sack Of Workers And Close Down O by Acidosis(m): 9:15am On Jul 16, 2010
Octopus Gabriel, I doubt your hasty prediction?
Re: Minimum Wage Law: Octopus Gabriel Of Nigeria Predicts Unprecedented Sack Of Workers And Close Down O by Omokemesi(m): 9:19pm On Jul 16, 2010
Thank you, Acidosis, for your post. I quite agree with you that Octopus Gabriel's prediction was hasty which, according to you, should be doubted. Your reaction has spurred me to rush to Octopus Gabriel again. I Will keep you posted soonest. Meanwhile, have you heard the news? That a governor of one of the South West States was reported to have said he would not be able to pay the new wage increase in his State. If he is to be forced by law to implement it without any form of assistance from the Federal Government, what do you think will happen to some of his workers.? Omokemesi
Re: Minimum Wage Law: Octopus Gabriel Of Nigeria Predicts Unprecedented Sack Of Workers And Close Down O by Omokemesi(m): 10:31pm On Aug 29, 2010
Octopus Gabriel of Nigeria said he is anxious to know the latest about the Wage Increase at Federal and State levels.
Re: Minimum Wage Law: Octopus Gabriel Of Nigeria Predicts Unprecedented Sack Of Workers And Close Down O by Omokemesi(m): 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2010
Octopus Gabriel of Nigeria said he is anxious to know the latest about the Wage Increase at Federal and State levels.                                                  Are the Governments afraid of Octopus Gabriel's  doubtful and "hasty" prediction?        OMOKEMESI
Re: Minimum Wage Law: Octopus Gabriel Of Nigeria Predicts Unprecedented Sack Of Workers And Close Down O by tpiah: 12:28am On Aug 30, 2010
you're from oke mesi?
Re: Minimum Wage Law: Octopus Gabriel Of Nigeria Predicts Unprecedented Sack Of Workers And Close Down O by Omokemesi(m): 3:31pm On Aug 30, 2010
I am from Ibadan, Nigeria.
Re: Minimum Wage Law: Octopus Gabriel Of Nigeria Predicts Unprecedented Sack Of Workers And Close Down O by adroitp(m): 9:36pm On Aug 30, 2010
Who is octopus gabriel i knowns only paul the octopus now who is gabriel
Re: Minimum Wage Law: Octopus Gabriel Of Nigeria Predicts Unprecedented Sack Of Workers And Close Down O by tpiah: 12:09am On Aug 31, 2010
Omokemesi:

I am from Ibadan, Nigeria.

hmm, was looking at your user id.
Re: Minimum Wage Law: Octopus Gabriel Of Nigeria Predicts Unprecedented Sack Of Workers And Close Down O by Omokemesi(m): 6:30am On Aug 31, 2010
ADROITP, I am happy you knew Paul the Octopus. Please tell me all you know about Paul the Octopus. Now you have known Gabriel the Octopus of Nigeria!
Re: Minimum Wage Law: Octopus Gabriel Of Nigeria Predicts Unprecedented Sack Of Workers And Close Down O by Omokemesi(m): 7:46am On Sep 23, 2010
PLEASE,SHELVE STRIKE!     I heard over the radio of an alleged threat of Federal workers to embark on        strike from Independence Day,  if        the Federal Government fails to         implement the                 Minimum Wage before then.  I want to believe that this must be a rumour. How can they expect the Minimum Wage to be implemented within the next few days?         Please I want to watch how Nigeria will celebrate the golden Independence Anniversary. Please, DON'T DISRUPT IT!  Federal Goverment should be definite on the day the goodies will start to flow - Octopus Gabriel or no Octopus Gabriel
Re: Minimum Wage Law: Octopus Gabriel Of Nigeria Predicts Unprecedented Sack Of Workers And Close Down O by Omokemesi(m): 10:07am On Sep 24, 2010
Federal Workers: You Don Win O, You Don Win! You Don Win O, You Don Win! CONGRATULATIONS! Goodies to flow from month end. Hip Hip
Re: Minimum Wage Law: Octopus Gabriel Of Nigeria Predicts Unprecedented Sack Of Workers And Close Down O by Omokemesi(m): 11:13am On Jul 19, 2011
I am sad. I am ashamed to go to Octopus Gabriel again. I don't know what else to ask him a year after his "hasty" prediction. And the minimum wage remains un-implemented. Can somebody tell me why it has not been implemented and prove Octopus Gabriel wrong? I heard over the radio this morning that the President allegedly said the minimum wage could not be implemented until next year. Is this report true? I was subsequently forced to rush to Octopus Gabriel if he had any prediction again. Octopus Gabriel retorted: "I have no prediction. The truth is bitter in Nigeria." ~OMOKEMESI

(1) (Reply)

Mrs Chima Should Leave. / Fulanis, Yorubas, Islam And Political Power In Nigeria / Man Caught Sleeping With A Sheep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.