Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,784 members, 7,955,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:56 PM

University Of Ibadan Celebrates Graduates Who Made 1st Class Nigerian Law School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Celebrates Graduates Who Made 1st Class Nigerian Law School (1114 Views)

See The Crippled That Made 1st Class. His Lecturer insulted Him; what happens? / Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus / 2 AAU Female Graduates Who Accused Lecturer Of Sex For Grade Jailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Ibadan Celebrates Graduates Who Made 1st Class Nigerian Law School by Opinionated: 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2018
The first university in Nigeria, the University of Ibadan is in a celebratory mood after 12 of its law graduates made first class at the Nigerian Law School in the latest results released.

Read the statement by the University’s Vice Chancellor, Professor Idowu Olayinka next:

TWELVE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN GRADUATES EARNED FIRST CLASS HONOURS IN THEIR FINAL BAR EXAMINATIONS AT THE NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOL

On behalf of the Council, Senate, Management, Staff and Students of the University of Ibadan, it is our pleasure to specially congratulate 12 of our year 2017 LLB graduates who earned First Class in their Final Bar Examinations of the Nigeria Bar Examinations:

1. Joseph Ogunmodede (The Class Valedictorian during the 2017 Convocation at Ibadan)
2. Afam Ikeakanam
3. Emeka Ezekwesiri
4. Yetunde Oyeyipo
5. Tosin Omobitan
6. Tosin Ogunbona
7. Olo Egbokhare
8. Feyikemi Fatumbi
9. Zacheaus Akanni
10. Daphne Ekpe
11. Seyi Adebimpe-Ojo
12. Iyanuoluwa Alarape

It is gratifying to note that only the first five law graduates on this list were awarded First Class Honours by the University of Ibadan; the other equally outstanding seven graduates on this roll of honours finished with Upper Second Class at Ibadan.

While congratulating the 12 law graduates and all their other colleagues who were equally successful in the Final Bar Examinations, we acknowledge with pride the contributions of the Dean of Law, and all the Faculty members at Ibadan for the very solid foundations they have provided for our students to excel and distinguish themselves. We do not take your support for granted.

We also congratulate all the deservedly proud parents and guardians, siblings and family members of our graduates of the Law School Class of 2018. It is a privilege for us to share in your joy. You have given us at least one more reason to be happy and excited.

This honour and distinction is coming at a time when the university is celebrating its Platinum Jubilee. It is trite to mention here that your collective achievements will receive a favourable mention in the Vice-Chancellor’s Address at the 2018 Convocation and 70th Founders’ Day on Saturday, 17th November 2018. We have never had it so good since our first set of Law graduates from Ibadan proceeded to the Nigerian Law School in 1986!

To the greatest UITes, all the best wishes in your career. This is an affirmation of what is contained in the second stanza of your University Anthem to wit ‘Greatness, won with honest toil’. Remember always that ‘If it is from Ibadan, it must be of outstanding quality’.

With kind personal regards, always. We are exceedingly proud of you all.

Idowu Olayinka
Vice-Chancellor
University of Ibadan

Source: University of Ibadan Celebrates its Graduates that Made 1st Class at the Nigerian Law School

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Celebrates Graduates Who Made 1st Class Nigerian Law School by Opinionated: 3:09pm On Oct 21, 2018
Nice one for the university.
Re: University Of Ibadan Celebrates Graduates Who Made 1st Class Nigerian Law School by Heavance(m): 5:30pm On Oct 21, 2018
Others are busy on Twitter fighting over nothing
Re: University Of Ibadan Celebrates Graduates Who Made 1st Class Nigerian Law School by traihit: 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2018
That's why they're the Premier University.
Re: University Of Ibadan Celebrates Graduates Who Made 1st Class Nigerian Law School by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:13pm On Oct 21, 2018
Good!

I want to run direct entry into this university. I have a strong distinction from a reputable polytechnic and I'm an indigene of Ibadan. Please, what do you think is my chance? I'm trying to weigh my options carefully.
Re: University Of Ibadan Celebrates Graduates Who Made 1st Class Nigerian Law School by Opinionated: 11:27am On Oct 22, 2018
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Good!

I want to run direct entry into this university. I have a strong distinction from a reputable polytechnic and I'm an indigene of Ibadan. Please, what do you think is my chance? I'm trying to weigh my options carefully.

Sure you do, just follow the due process diligently.

(1) (Reply)

Top 4 Cheapest Universities In Canada Without Application Fees / Just In :another Student Of Rsu Has Been Confirmed Dead. / Babalakin Donates Land To Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.