Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:38 PM

Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times (25222 Views)

Abdulrahman Abdulrazak: A Celebration Of Non- Performance - Razak Atunwa / PDP Keeps Mum As Razak Atunwa Plots To Present WAEC As Highest Qualification / Razak Atunwa Biography, Age: Meet The PDP Governorship Candidate In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by senatordave1(m): 10:56am On Oct 22, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
There is no evidence that he submitted the said document to INEC
Na wao.premium times that unearthed the forgery also said he submitted it so why the dissent? Are you now holistically condemning the report?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by Ibcrown(m): 10:57am On Oct 22, 2018
yrex01:
Pdp ?? Never again in kwara state even tho dey got all d cert including nysc !! You'll hardly c der flyers in my local gov(offa) cef !!!
naso my brother. I be offa boy too

4 Likes

Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:57am On Oct 22, 2018
seunmsg:

Skipping NYSC is a criminal offense punishable by one year prison term according to the NYSC act. That nobody has been prosecuted in the past for violating the act doesn't invalidate the NYSC act.

I however agree that INEC cannot disqualify him until he is convicted for forgery, perjury or skipping NYSC. However, PDP can toe the line of honor and withdraw his candidature. Adeosun resigned honorably, Atunwa can also withdraw from the contest honorably at this point.
Which NYSC act prescribe skipping the service as criminal offence?

Dude, criminal offences are listed under the Criminal Code (Act), you should get familiar with it and stop this misinformation.

Like I said earlier, an offence and a CRIMINAL offence mean two different things.

Meanwhile, NOBODY can be successfully prosecuted for skipping NYSC. Bookmark this!
Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by philip0906(m): 10:58am On Oct 22, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

You missed the point.

If I'm presenting my Bsc/HND/Msc degrees to obtain a job and I graduated before age 30, NYSC Certificate or Exemption is required but if I present other qualifications (SSCE, OND, ND or professional qualification like ICAN, NIIT etc), then NYSC is not a requirement irrespective of sector.
Still my point. A number of companies (with emphasis on technology companies) are no longer interested in NYSC certificates and all those "bulky" paper qualifications.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:02am On Oct 22, 2018
senatordave1:

Na wao.premium times that unearthed the forgery also said he submitted it so why the dissent? Are you now holistically condemning the report?
I said there is no evidence I never said the report is true or false. I'm yet to see it!

But even if it was/is the case, it is still not enough. It requires the court to convict him first and disqualify him based on the conviction (perjury and forgery) but that will be overtaken by event.
Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 22, 2018
Racoon:
Can this man be arrested & prosecution begin? What is it with politicians and certificate forgery sef?
Did you read that he did not submit same to INEC? What are you prosecuting? Unless PDP decides to , no case here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by BunmiSkye: 11:19am On Oct 22, 2018
It's a good thing that premium times decided to take this course and bring every offender to book....it's just to show how everyone has been shady all along to get to this level of power which is not even portraying their show of national interest but selfish interest....How can a governorship aspirant forge certificate,when we obviously look deep there will be a lot yet to reveal.

1 Like

Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 11:22am On Oct 22, 2018
senatordave1:

Go read the post again, premium times didn't investigate whether fake NYSC cert. was submitted to INEC or not rather their enquiry was centred on what was submitted to the party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by Neyomickey1: 11:34am On Oct 22, 2018
mycar:
I don't think one needs an NYSC certificate to contest for such position in an Election, there is a minimum qualification.
Sure, you don’t need NYSC certificates, if you have minimum qualifications as you rightly said but falsification of NYSC certificate under pretense of service and lying under oath is a criminal offence.

2 Likes

Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by enemyofprogress: 11:44am On Oct 22, 2018
Bad market
Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by Nfora: 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2018
#NotTooYoungToForge grin
Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by enigma2007(m): 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2018
philip0906:

Still my point. A number of companies (with emphasis on technology companies) are no longer interested in NYSC certificates and all those "bulky" paper qualifications.

You are obliged to present your NYSC if you applied with your B.Sc for that job role (If you work for Andela, check with your HR or their twitter account, they have addressed this issue in the past 6 months). However, i know that tech companies are not going to stress you about bringing a B.Sc before they can employ you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by Maket: 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2018
Racoon:
Can this man be arrested & prosecution begin? What is it with politicians and certificate forgery sef?
IF Adeosun will also be arrested and prosecuted too.
Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by naijajobx: 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
smiley
Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by SALIMAN(m): 4:00pm On Oct 22, 2018
Thank you for your hint , go contest for post and see what you worth ,
Razaq Atunwa 1
Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by silifat11(m): 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2018
Razaq Atunwa does not have good records, even in his home town ... Forgery certificate apart .. Enough of Saraki domination of Kwara affairs.. its ridiculous for a graduate to be earning 32k per month as salary .. Bad when there's no much difference in the last 16 years , except where you see Federal projects.. like Flyover bridge at Post office

2 Likes

Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by kenoyad: 8:00am On Oct 23, 2018
Humblega:
Seems Nysc is only for poor pple self.

While poor graduates are being crying at home bc their skools failed to mobilized them ontime, d rich on d other hand keep skipping it nd forging certificate.
D little of dem dat did, observed it at their own area, probably their papa company as ppa. Meanwhile, it was createf for graduates to study others cultures outside urs.

E.g

Davido keep travelling up nd down yet doing nysc

D skeem was copied from israel but we cant keep up with d stantard.
If we cant keep up with its idiology like israel or atleast south korea type.

Let cancel d time wasting program...biko

Nigeria needs prayer

God bless you real good, the scheme is already out of its aims and objective of uniting, diverse cultural background relations etc. it's just a waste of time and a pipe for looting for govt officials. it's just a shame that some illiterate graduates so much pride in it that they can die for the so called useless service. Bukola Saraki didn't even partake in the scheme and lots of others, if Shittu as at that time could not willingly partake in the scheme then it's nothing......
Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by Konquest: 10:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
kahal29:
Continued....

MR ATUNWA, PDP RESPOND

PREMIUM TIMES sent Mr. Atunwa a message informing him of our findings.

In response, he said he is “fully compliant with all the legal requirements to be elected to the Office of the Governor of Kwara State.”

He added, “I did not submit any unsupported NYSC certificate as suggested by you.

“I strongly advise that you verify each and every assertion you wish to make. You may wish to make formal enquiries/verifications of all institutions concerned.

“You should also be circumspect enough to authenticate the provenance of any document you may be handed if it’s not from a formal and official source.

“An organization such as yours should not fall short of the required legal and ethical standards.”

He also told one of reporters by telephone that he broke no law because he did not submit any fake document to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

He declined to explain why he failed to participate in the mandatory national service scheme.

This newspaper’s investigation did not show he submitted the document to INEC and our question to him was not along that line. We only said he submitted the document to the PDP.

However, following PREMIUM TIMES enquiry, the lawmaker, party insiders say, has triggered a scheme to replace the documents he submitted to the PDP, and withdraw the fake NYSC certificate.

“He is now planning to claim that secondary school certificate is his highest academic qualification and that he did not need to serve,” one source said.

The PDP, when contacted, said it was not aware of the forgery.

“I am not aware of this,” spokesperson Kola Ologbondiyan said of the problematic document Mr Atunwa presented to the party . “Please give me time to find out.”

A GODFATHER’S FAVOURITE

For several months leading up to the PDP primaries in late September, Mr Atunwa was not considered a favourite for the Kwara PDP governorship slot.

The race was largely seen as a battle among Shaba Lafiagi, a serving senator; Bolaji Abdullahi, a former sports minister; Abubakar Suleiman, a former national planning minister; and Ali Ahmad, the current speaker of the state Assembly.

Only Messrs Atunwa and Lafiagi remained in the race when the primaries held on October 1 in Ilorin, and the House member defeated the senator by 4,555 to 577 votes. Other candidates withdrew from the race in protest, insinuating that Senate President Saraki imposed Mr Atunwa on the party.

A RAGING EPIDEMIC

After the publication of Ms Adeosun’s scandal, there are suggestions by some Nigerians online that many Nigerians who schooled abroad did not return home to serve, but instead opted for either forged exemption or discharge certificates to clinch employments and appointments in Nigeria.

Although the investigation was published in early July, Ms Adeosun did not resign until mid-September, after the pressure from Nigerians home and away became too much for the Buhari administration to bear, and as a competitive general election was looming.

Rather than being arrested for forgery and prosecuted by federal authorities, Ms Adeosun was allowed to quietly depart Nigeria a day after he resignation, a development for which President Muhammadu Buhari was fiercely knocked by critics, who used it to ridicule his anti-corruption claims.

Mr Shittu, the communications minister who was in the race for the All Progressives Congress’ governorship ticket in Oyo State, was disqualified from the race by the ruling party after PREMIUM TIMES published another investigation showing that he evaded youth service upon graduation from the University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University.

While the ruling APC found Mr Shittu’s position for office untenable, Mr Buhari continued to keep him in office, more than a month after the scandal broke.

While Ms Adeosun said she did not know her certificate was forged (although PREMIUM TIMES revealed she knew at least since 2015 when senators screened her for ministerial position) Mr Shittu said he deliberately avoided service because he assumed he had done a greater service to the nation when he was elected to state parliament immediately after graduating.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/291705-exclusive-sarakis-anointed-candidate-for-kwara-governorship-razak-atunwa-skips-nysc-forges-certificate.html
Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by Konquest: 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

I said there is no evidence I never said the report is true or false. I'm yet to see it!

But even if it was/is the case, it is still not enough. It requires the court to convict him first and disqualify him based on the conviction (perjury and forgery) but that will be overtaken by event.

~~~~~~
~~~~~~
@TonyeBarcanista

Your NL comments were published in the Saturday Punch of 27th of October 2018... In response to
the front page story on Buhari's certificate.

Have you seen it yet?
Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:03pm On Oct 30, 2018
Konquest:

~~~~~~
~~~~~~
@TonyeBarcanista

Your NL comments were published in the Saturday Punch of 27th of October 2018... In response to
the front page story on Buhari's certificate.

Have you seen it yet?

I've not seen it. can you help me snap it?
Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by Konquest: 12:03am On Oct 31, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
I've not seen it. can you help me snap it?
~~~~~
~~~~~
The title of the Saturday Punch article is:

"Outrage Over Buhari's Failure to Submit Certificate"
on page 8 of Saturday Punch of October 27, 2018.

Just Google the article title above, and you will
get to read the online version of Saturday Punch.

Some other Nairalanders comments were
also used. Some journalists from major media
organizations usually visit NL to pick stories
or listen to comments posted on NL.

Cheers! smiley
Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:10am On Oct 31, 2018
Konquest:
~~~~~ ~~~~~ The title of the Saturday Punch article is:
"Outrage Over Buhari's Failure to Submit Certificate" on page 8 of Saturday Punch of October 27, 2018.
Just Google the article title above, and you will get to read the online version of Saturday Punch.
Some other Nairalanders comments were also used. Some journalists from major media organizations usually visit NL to pick stories or listen to comments posted on NL.

Cheers! smiley

You are right bro...

https://punchng.com/outrage-over-buharis-failure-to-submit-certificate/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by Konquest: 12:23am On Oct 31, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

You are right bro...

~~~~~~
~~~~~~
OK... Have a nice read. The journalists found
you to be worthy of mention and this is
how people get invited on TV or radio to
become Public Affairs Analysts.

Cheers grin
TonyeBarcanista:

You are right bro...

~~~~~~
~~~~~~
OK... Have a nice read. The journalists found
you to be worthy of mention and this is
how people get invited on TV or radio to
become Public Affairs Analysts.

Cheers
Re: Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:33am On Oct 31, 2018
Konquest:
~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ OK... Have a nice read. The journalists found you to be worthy of mention and this is how people get invited on TV or radio to become Public Affairs Analysts.
Cheers grin ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ OK... Have a nice read. The journalists found you to be worthy of mention and this is how people get invited on TV or radio to become Public Affairs Analysts.
Cheers
You are right... Thanks a lot bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Race For CBN Governor Heats Up / "OBI-DATTI Showdown Musical Concert" Not Our Project - Campaign Council / Labour May Resume Strike Tuesday After Rejecting ₦‎62,000, Insists On ₦‎250,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.