Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

AMCON Releases Names Of 105 Persons Who Owe N906b - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / AMCON Releases Names Of 105 Persons Who Owe N906b (27376 Views)

I Owe A Microfinance Bank 600k, They Threaten To Jail Me, I Need Your Advice! / AMCON Takes Over Festus Fadeyi's Pan Ocean Assets Over N240b Debt / N3.6 Billion Debt: AMCON Takes Over Bao Yao Firms In Abuja & Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON Releases Names Of 105 Persons Who Owe N906b by Vested(m): 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2018
Ugosample:

yea

Banks are NOT public assets

Well until the govt takes over the bank in its entirety, not "bailing" the banks alone

That is what I want the other guy to know

Well said and noted...

Also note that even when bailed, the Government (which is a representative of the public) becomes an influencing stakeholder by virtue of that bailout.
Bailout is not free tissue to wipe away the Managers/Directors shit. Someone has to pay for it by way of finance and/or legal prosecutions were found necessary.
Re: AMCON Releases Names Of 105 Persons Who Owe N906b by maiunguwar: 9:31pm On Oct 22, 2018
why is dangote's name not on the list?
Re: AMCON Releases Names Of 105 Persons Who Owe N906b by cuteboy2: 1:55am On Oct 23, 2018
Why is Tunde Ayeni's name (former MD of now dead Skye Bank) missing from the AMCON list?
Ayeni used his position as Skye bank chairman to take massive insider loans totaling N70b.

He is also indebted to other banks to the tune of N80b.
Hence, his total indebted to Nigerian banks is in excess of N150b.

All his loans which he used to purchase Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company, Yola Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company and Nitel/Mtel, private jets and yatchs are distressed. Yet his name is missing because he is strongly connected to Bola Tinubu.

To keep the old Skye Bank affloat (now renamed Polaris Bank), CBN had to inject tax payers money to the tune of N786 billion. Meanwhile Ayeni is strutting the landscape a free man and enjoying his loot with his political friends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AMCON Releases Names Of 105 Persons Who Owe N906b by Bsideboi(m): 6:40am On Oct 23, 2018
[quote author=RockHard post=72307634]Smh. They have so much debt hanging over their heads, yet they still living large and spending like no man's business.

Reminds me of something I read sometime ago.

*THE BANK*

A bank is a broker between the poor and the rich. The only place where the two meet is in a bank. The poor brings the money, through saving, and the rich takes it, through borrowing.

A poor person saves the money because they have more money than their thinking capacity. So they keep the money in the bank so they can go and think what to do with the money they saved. On the other side, the rich people come to pick that money, through borrowing, because they have more ideas than the money they have.

On a practical side, please show me one billionaire who got rich through saving and I will show you a million Nigerians who have money saved in the banks and are still renting the houses that the Millionaires and billionaires build through the poor people savings which the rich borrowed from a bank.

*#ThinkInvestment

People's priority differs in life. Some want rest of mind with just enough money to see them through life. Others want excess money and power which comes with luxury, and as well as worries that comes from huge debt their generation may never pay back.The question is what is your priority in life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Investment Company In Nigeria / Restaurateur Cries Out After Being Confronted With Bills Worth Millions By FIRS / 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.