Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa (26740 Views)

Okada Riders & Traders Clash In Abuja. Pregnant Woman Killed, Properties Burnt / Xenophobia: South Africans Looking For Nigerians & Other Foreigners (Photos) / Xenophobia In South Africa: Nigerians Run During An Early Morning Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Fierce11: 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2018
Nowenuse:

Well, what you think you know belongs to the thrash can.

May it not be well with the day your parents migrated to Jos to settle. Why didn't they just remain in their villages?
Extremely succesful Igbos like Mikel Obi & Psquare who were born and bred in Jos owe their upbringing to the city and will never have such a terrible thing to say.
If you are pained, then be pained.
Ask yourself if psquare has set their foot in jos since they "blew"..
I curse the day you left the womb.. N30 gold circle would have done it for your dad,, It's unfortunate that he can only afford it now.
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Banmeallday: 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2018
dadebayo1:
Same old story... Fg does not care about anyone outside the country...

How can FG care when the same man Buhari kicked out millions and sent them back to Ghana in the 1980s.....Una dey form amnesia.....

It’s just payback

Anyway I guess this Nnamdi Kanu fault right ...
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by sulasa07(m): 7:27pm On Oct 22, 2018
mayor007:
The ugly trend of xenophobia resurfaced in South Africa on Sunday as nine Nigerians suffered from the loss of properties due to attacks from arsonists in Central Johannesburg.

The Publicity Secretary of the Nigerian Union in South Africa, Habib Miller, told media sources on the telephone on Monday suspected South Africans unleashed mayhem on unsuspecting Nigerian shop-owners in the precinct.

Miller stated the body already relayed the information to the Nigerian Mission in South Africa and they await their response to the ugly development.

He said, “Nine Nigerian businesses have been looted and burnt. The incident began on Sunday and continued till Monday, October 22.

“Businesses affected range from restaurants, internet cafe, bar, groceries and stores.

“At the time of the incident, electricity in the area was cut off. One of the businesses affected is owned by Mr C.J. Ubah, a bar owner at Fife Street”.

He continued by appealing to the local police to come to the rescue of Nigerians by safeguarding their lives and properties.

“The union is monitoring the situation. We have not received any report of casualty on any Nigerian, but the situation is still tense because there are fears that the looting will resume in the night.

“We have also advised Nigerians in the area to adopt safety measures by being alert,’’ Miller said.

Not less than 184 Nigerians have been murdered in different xenophobic attacks between 2016 and 2018 in South Africa, based on various media reports.

https://www.sabinews.com/xenophobia-nine-nigerians-suffer-loss-of-properties-in-south-africa/
I don't understand why Nigerians have not burnt down all MTN Network offices in this country.
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by OrireSA(m): 7:29pm On Oct 22, 2018
Wait, I live and currently in SA when did this happen? Fake news
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 22, 2018
182 Nigerians MURDERED within 3 years. No one is taking note of how huge this number is.
One Hundred and Eighty-Two.
A quick calculation for 36 months (3years) gives a rate of 5 murders per month and at least 1 murder per week. Murder of a Nigerian. At least 1 Nigerian is murdered every week in South Africa.
Oh God!!!
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by bigcasava1(m): 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2018
is it by force to stay in south africa come bak home. tis is buhari handy work.
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by OrireSA(m): 7:38pm On Oct 22, 2018
Hahahahaha this never happened... What restaurants and internet cafes were burnt? Nigerians in SA are mostly found in betting shops that's where we chill and make money.
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Oluwo1: 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2018
Nigerians will always be Nigerians. As much as we have good Nigerians working hard in other countries to make a good living, we have more that are into shady businesses and still flunt the wealth to oppress the citizens of the countries they reside in. Everyday Nigerians get attacked in Ghana, Malaysia, South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania etc(na only us??) .. We complain when we invade people's country like we didnt send Ghana packing in 1983.

I know South Africans do hate us, maybe because we try to claim the big brother over them due to the help we rendered during the apartheid crisis or because we do better than them in every kind of business we venture into.
In the series Madiba, they tried removing Nigeria from the countries that helped, they featured Ghana and I didnt see any episode that Nigeria was featured.
Nigerians live illegally, scam South Africans, sell drugs on their streets, live a better life than a hard working citizen, sleep & molest their girls, if na u you no go vexx ??

So funny how we all shout South Afrians hate us when on nairaland here people call the other tribesmen different names.
Please let's fix here, so that other countries wud respect us.
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Jaqenhghar: 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2018
Jiang:

Before you insult Nigeria, Why don't you learn the difference between guerilla warfare & conventional warfare first.

Only idiots like you think the Nigerian army is a joke cause you have never seen them in combat, besides, after God, they are the only reason why boko Haram haven't turned ur Biafra land into their caliphate
Certainly the idiot is the one who assumes I am Biafra. They are the reason that what.... please humour me some more. You are defo a nitwit not worthy of my time or posts so long
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by rampantlover: 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2018
Fierce11:

a terrible shame my guy!.. It's even more painful to remember how our efforts and aid succeeded in granting them freedom.. Talk about ungratefulness and The Southerners would be on the list.

So because you helped them in eradicating apartheid doesn't give you the audacity to misbehave in their country. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Fierce11: 9:06pm On Oct 22, 2018
rampantlover:

So because you helped them in eradicating apartheid doesn't give you the audacity to misbehave in their country. Nonsense
You should switch brains with my dog.. I can bet my life that he reasons better than you do..
We helped them during apartheid.. Some people eventually settled there.. My problem is that the southern government are "neglecting and abandoning" Nigerians living there.. And they are totally aware about all the attacks.. What have they done to curb the violence? Smh.. Don't choose to be the only blind cow in a herd of a hundred cows.. You'd just be killed first.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by nextstep(m): 9:07pm On Oct 22, 2018
dadebayo1:
Same old story... Fg does not care about anyone outside the country...

There, fixed that for ya.
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Mccullum: 9:17pm On Oct 22, 2018
zombieTRACKER:
They can't try this xenophobia sh*t with an organised country..

They definitely know that our country is a joke right now.. Let me not talk about the president that looks for dead people to enlist in his cabinet...

Nigerians are suffering everywhere

The government is just not existent

Xenophobic attacks that happened during Jonathan regime... How he help them?
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by zombieTRACKER: 9:18pm On Oct 22, 2018
Mccullum:

Xenophobic attacks that happened during Jonathan regime... How he help them?

I thought Buhari promised change?

Oh sorry... There was nothing like change

Jonathan treatment awaits Buhari
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Oluwo1: 10:02pm On Oct 22, 2018
Bamidey:

Problem dey o. So I can't even find a sweet 20-25years old good girl over there? I'm not into their whites though...just light skinned girl
Just like every nation, they also have very good girls trust me
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Bamidey: 10:09pm On Oct 22, 2018
Oluwo1:
Just like every nation, they also have very good girls trust me
Can you link me to any good one over there sir?
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Litmus: 10:10pm On Oct 22, 2018
Jiang:

What da fuvk man?!! did innocent Nigerians who's shops are burned down or killed have anything to do with what you said.

Why don't they go face the real drug & gang kingpins instead of the law abiding Nigerians, killing the innocent those not guarantee the wicked will leave instead prosper

they can’t face the so-called drug dealers and kingpins because many of the drug & gang kingpins are South Africans, Asians, Arabs as well as Nigerians. The issue of Nigerians drug pushers as distinctive subject of concern lies in media needing news items and nothing sells more than creating bogymen myths. In addition, since the police makes a meal of Nigerian part of the drug dealers, this feeds the myth, creating a hysterical atmosphere. Many of the competing drug lords and gangs, some with links to the police, stand to benefit from larger market share by the curtailing of the Nigerian competition. In regards to ordinary South Africa citizens, nearly the entire, “we are mad at Nigerian drug pushers” deal is false flag, mere excuses. Before Nigerians, they South African scumbags attacked Ethiopians, Somalians and sometimes Asian businesses. They murdered Angolans, Mozambicans and persecuted Zimbabweans. For the persecution of each group, South Africans had reasons none of it based on the truth, which was and is the relevant South Africans inability to compete with Ethiopians Somalians and Asians in local trade or tolerate competing for jobs and resources with Angolans, Mozambicans and Zimbabweans. South Africans are primarily employment seekers not self-employment types like the Ethiopians, Somalis and now Nigerians that are even better at hustling than the rest. Faced with the growing wealth of Nigerians due to hard work, which then starkly contrasts these ordinary South Africans relative lack of progress (and potentially provides the South African government or watching world with weapons to use against ordinary South Africans (for example, your condition is not our fault but yours, look at the Nigerians doing well and grabbing the opportunities, which our great nation has to offer, but you somehow cannot see) given this (plus jealousy) it became easier and convenient for these South Africans to dismiss Nigerians as “drug pushers and trouble makers that the world don’t like” and not the hard working people that put them to shame.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by skallion7(m): 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2018
Litmus:

they can’t face the so-called drug dealers and kingpins because many of the drug & gang kingpins are South Africans, Asians, Arabs as well as Nigerians. The issue of Nigerians drug pushers as distinctive subject of concern lies in media needing news items and nothing sells more than creating bogymen myths. In addition, since the police makes a meal of Nigerian part of the drug dealers, this feeds the myth, creating a hysterical atmosphere. In regards to ordinary South Africa citizens, nearly the entire, “we are mad at Nigerian drug pushers” deal is false flag, mere excuses. Before Nigerians, they South African scumbags attacked Ethiopians, Somalians and sometimes Asian businesses. They murdered Angolans, Mozambicans and persecuted Zimbabweans. For the persecution of each group, South Africans had reasons none of it based on the truth, which was and is the relevant South Africans inability to compete with Ethiopians Somalians and Asians in local trade or tolerate competing for jobs and resources with Angolans, Mozambicans and Zimbabweans. South Africans are primarily employment seekers not self-employment types like the Ethiopians, Somalis and now Nigerians that are even better at hustling than the rest. Faced with the growing wealth of Nigerians due to hard work, which then starkly contrasts these ordinary South Africans relative lack of progress (and potentially provides the South African government or watching world with weapons to use against ordinary South Africans (for example, your condition is not our fault but yours, look at the Nigerians doing well and grabbing the opportunities, which our great nation has to offer, but you somehow cannot see) given this (plus jealousy) it became easier and convenient for these South Africans to dismiss Nigerians as “drug pushers and trouble makers that the world don’t like” and not the hard working people that put them to shame.
You sound very Intelligent. Nice one bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by skallion7(m): 10:25pm On Oct 22, 2018
rampantlover:

You're just emotionally ranting anf sound very stupid like a bag of hammer
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Lucifer66(m): 10:48pm On Oct 22, 2018
millomaniac:

Its not about balls. South Africa is an ally.
Do you know the definition of an ally?
Killing your 'Ally's citiEn doesn't make you an ally but an enemy and a threat.
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Adefemiaderoju1: 11:03pm On Oct 22, 2018
One thing I know for sure is, I will rather work harder in Nigeria and survive than going to south Africa
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Abdbaba: 12:23am On Oct 23, 2018
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Nobody: 2:17am On Oct 23, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Certainly the idiot is the one who assumes I am Biafra. They are the reason that what.... please humour me some more. You are defo a nitwit not worthy of my time or posts so long

Just do what I said first, your English is utterly useless if you can't even understand simple instructions
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Jaqenhghar: 6:29am On Oct 23, 2018
Jiang:

Just do what I said first, your English is utterly useless if you can't even understand simple instructions
Shove your instructions up where the sun dont shine and go fúck yourself. Dumb Pussyfart
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by JaceBlaze: 8:45am On Oct 23, 2018
Litmus:

they can’t face the so-called drug dealers and kingpins because many of the drug & gang kingpins are South Africans, Asians, Arabs as well as Nigerians. The issue of Nigerians drug pushers as distinctive subject of concern lies in media needing news items and nothing sells more than creating bogymen myths. In addition, since the police makes a meal of Nigerian part of the drug dealers, this feeds the myth, creating a hysterical atmosphere. Many of the competing drug lords and gangs, some with links to the police, stand to benefit from larger market share by the curtailing of the Nigerian competition. In regards to ordinary South Africa citizens, nearly the entire, “we are mad at Nigerian drug pushers” deal is false flag, mere excuses. Before Nigerians, they South African scumbags attacked Ethiopians, Somalians and sometimes Asian businesses. They murdered Angolans, Mozambicans and persecuted Zimbabweans. For the persecution of each group, South Africans had reasons none of it based on the truth, which was and is the relevant South Africans inability to compete with Ethiopians Somalians and Asians in local trade or tolerate competing for jobs and resources with Angolans, Mozambicans and Zimbabweans. South Africans are primarily employment seekers not self-employment types like the Ethiopians, Somalis and now Nigerians that are even better at hustling than the rest. Faced with the growing wealth of Nigerians due to hard work, which then starkly contrasts these ordinary South Africans relative lack of progress (and potentially provides the South African government or watching world with weapons to use against ordinary South Africans (for example, your condition is not our fault but yours, look at the Nigerians doing well and grabbing the opportunities, which our great nation has to offer, but you somehow cannot see) given this (plus jealousy) it became easier and convenient for these South Africans to dismiss Nigerians as “drug pushers and trouble makers that the world don’t like” and not the hard working people that put them to shame.
What a load of hogwash.Why do you guys keep trying to convince yourselves that people are jealous of you? It's a reality that many Nigerians in South Africa are criminals and have no business being here,we do have FEW Nigerian professionals of course but that's about it,only FEW.Stop trying to defend the criminality of your bros with this pseudo-intellectual tirade,it can only impress midget-minded and unexposed village people.So you say South Africa accusing you of drug pushing is a false flag? then what about many countries that view you the same way that we do? why is it that a Nigerian is always searched at least 3 times by airport security in every corner of the world? you guys like to put on this fake rage when SA is dealing with you accordingly but when you are dealt with in other parts of the world you play tribal and say it's the flattino igbo soiling your name.To you guys mistreatment of Nigerians is only Xenophobia when is at the hands of SA.Right now as I speak,the biggest rape,human trafficking case in South Africa is about a Nigerian "pastor" but you ain't say jack about that because it doesn't support your "they jealous of us" narrative that is always used here.

Get your head out of the gutter.no one is jealous of you

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Immarocks(f): 8:56am On Oct 23, 2018
PrinceCharmings:
but they will be alive,and theirs properties will be safe. undecided

True....
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Oluwo1: 9:51am On Oct 23, 2018
Bamidey:

Can you link me to any good one over there sir?
You'll have to go over there to find for yourself ooo
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 23, 2018
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Shove your instructions up where the sun dont shine and go fúck yourself. Dumb Pussyfart

I wasn't planning to piss you off that much, but it was very satisfying grin

Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by Lucifer66(m): 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2018
Fierce11:
Southafricans possess so much hate towards Nigerians.. This is further fuelled by the successes and growth achieved by Nigerians living in the country.. The jealousy, the hatred, the envy are just enormous.. The way their females "rush" and flock Nigerian dudes is even the most bitter thing those bastards can't take.. That's why they kill us, burn our properties and steal from us.. There's not much difference between the south Africans and some Plateau indigenes:.. They'd wait for an igbo man to suffer and develop their place, start attacking him when he's succeeded.. Kill him.. Chase out the survivors and then, take over his "abandoned" property.. Smh.. The Nigeria embassy there should better do something.

Shut up please..
I and some of my guys were subjects of racial slurs and attacks when we visited rustenburg for some "events"... Did we go there to take over their streets or sell drugs?..
Their hate towards Nigerians is not even hidden.. I was shocked when a guy on my fb posted a status explaining how he hates Nigerian guys and their "monkey faces".. I just laughed because i know that monkeys are better looking than those seagulls they have there.

Don't choose stupidity when you are offered wisdom.. I don't know if it's the "southafrican's pussay" that's making you so dumb that you fail to see all the reports relating to xenophobic attacks towards Nigerians.. You dating one person in a country of millions does not change or eradicate the act of wickedness they bestow upon us..
If The Nigerian Government are serious, they should have sanctioned the Southerners by now..
Stop quoting me son.
and you can Fvck off, you ignorant cu-nt
Re: Xenophobia: 9 Nigerians' Properties Burnt In South Africa by OrireSA(m): 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
Its painful that the media paints South Africans in such a bad light and if you've never been to SA than you really can't judge because you only know what you are told and not the whole story, I love Nigerians and your country and some SA women and men feel the same way too.
We teach each other your languages with the help of our Nigerian friends who live here South Africa. I don't agree with the kills at all but good Nigerians are very hard to find here most are drug lords, credit card scammers, hijackers, thieves and pimps. Two years ago a Nigerian raped my ex girlfriend here in SA.
I agree some South African people are wrong but Some Nigerians are wrong too. I mean some Nigerian guys can afford to give their South African girlfriends around N20000 About R810 a night but their families back home live in poverty and I've been to Nigeria I know conditions most families live in.
I dated a Nigerian girl here father lives and works here in SA but he couldn't send money for a generator, when she got here she was even shocked that we have 24hour electricity I sent her the money via money gram and my point is don't be so quick to judge us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SARS Officials Burst Criminal Syndicates In Makurdi,Recover Weapons(pics) / See The Kidnappers Arrested By Policemen In Rivers State This Morning. Photo / Police Arrest Car Thief Who Uses Special Unlock Device (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.