Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Help,how Much Do I Need To Start Plantain Farming On 1 Acre Expanse Of Land? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help,how Much Do I Need To Start Plantain Farming On 1 Acre Expanse Of Land? (359 Views)

First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Ugu Farming On A Two Plot Of Land. How Profitable? (pics) / How To Start Plantain Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help,how Much Do I Need To Start Plantain Farming On 1 Acre Expanse Of Land? by spirul77: 7:27am On Oct 23, 2018
hello house,I'm about securing an acre of land for the purpose of plantain farming,I hope to start in the coming planting season,as a newbie please I need your help on how much should be budgeted.
its solely plantain and no their add-ups for now.thanks as you help with your candid advise
Re: Help,how Much Do I Need To Start Plantain Farming On 1 Acre Expanse Of Land? by kunleweb: 8:31am On Oct 23, 2018
spirul77:
hello house,I'm about securing an acre of land for the purpose of plantain farming,I hope to start in the coming planting season,as a newbie please I need your help on how much should be budgeted.
its solely plantain and no their add-ups for now.thanks as you help with your candid advise

Its not expensive, send me an email for guidiance musbuq@gmail.com
Re: Help,how Much Do I Need To Start Plantain Farming On 1 Acre Expanse Of Land? by Benyfil(m): 8:41am On Oct 23, 2018
spirul77:

I will give my answers based on what I invested in my plantain plantation of an hectare just last month (September)

Clearing of an hectare (manual clearing) N42,500.00
Purchase of suckers (1,100 units @ N80/unit) N88,000.00
Planting (N10/unit of sucker) N11,000.00
Digging of holes (N20/hole for 1,100 sockers) N22,000.00

Total cost amounted to N163,500.00 for an hectare. To get a fair amount for an acre, we could just divide by 2.5 (since an hectare comprise of 2.5 acres) that would give us N65,400.00. You might spend more than that, that's just a rough estimate of what I could have spent if I had done an acre.

Bare in mind that I only cleared the farm land for weeds, I did not spray at all , I just cleared, dug hole and planted. Your approach might be different, so you need to consider other things.

Some would have done thorough clearing, burning the bush, spray for weeds, apply manure, treat the soil before planting etc. So consider those cost. I did not take that approach.

PLEASE NOTE
This write up is based on what I incurred and how I did mine

I checked on my farm three days ago and they all grew, the weeds were suppressed cos I did not clean the grass and weeds that grew. So they sort of acted as a mulch smiley

Best of luck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Into This... Pls Read Cus I Want To Invest / 5 Tips For Hiring And Keeping Employees On Your Farm / Anyone Into Mushrooms Here, Please I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.